Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst record you ever bought.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone Can Fall In Love - Anita Dobson. Don't ask!!
  • Options

No better example of the folly of buying someone's second album because the first was half-decent: Neither Fish nor Flesh by Terence Trent D'Arby. Somehow I doubt there will be anyone coming on here telling me I've overlooked a masterpiece.

Agreed. Such self-indulgent crap (the album that is)!
  • Options
    Lonnie Donegan, My Ole' Man's a Dustman. My sister got a record player for her birthday and we hurriedly bought the first thing we could find.

• Options
    Sketches of Spain - Miles Davis.

Always in any poll of top records EVER - so i bought it. I dont mind a bit of jazz but this is absolutey unlistenable.
  • Options

Crass. Reality asylum, pe*is envy etc. was in my rebelious years.

Still listen to them now - Great band and love the words. I nearly got my art teacher sacked when at school for wirting out the lyrics to Reality Asylum with a mutilated dead pope and a mushroom cloud for a project called "Church" - he put it up in th eschool corridors as one of the best bless him.
  • Options

...The Decline of British Sea Power was a pretty decent album too, Carrion being the standout track.

As a Canveyite, I would have to put this into my all time favourite lyrics list:

"On Canvey Island, 1953
    Many lives were lost
    With the records of a football team"
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I bought that Elbow album the other year, as it had been nominated for all sorts of awards and people were raving about it.

May as well just have bought the one song. Utter bilge the rest of it.

Glad i wasnt the only one then!

• Options
    Stonedhenge by Ten Years After unbeliveable crap. The memory still haunts me.
  • Options
    Ironically -
    Maybe you've been brainwashed by The New Radicals.

Purchased 100% based upon the single - You Get What You Give.

Great big steaming pile of Eartha.
  • Options
    Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour Of Bewilderbeast - what was I thinking?
    And just to be contentious, A John Lennon compliation - what a pile of pretentious crap that was!

I've 6 albums by The Eels - I still enjoy all of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Drink me" by Salad, also possibly the ugliest band there's ever been.

Still enjoy taking the mick out of my brother for buying "When I was born for the 7th time" By Cornershop, that's an awful record
  • Options
    Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park. They were fantastic when they first became big, and I was about the right age for it at 14/15 too. Second album very good.

Possibly one of the most boring acts going since then.
  • Options
    Got the last vaccines album.
    Think it's really poor to be honest. Seems as if they are trying too hard.
  • Options
    Cleopatra - Comin' Atcha. The album.

I was young, it was part of a 2 for £10 thing in Our Price when I was buying a Texas (I think) album for about £9 anyway, I couldn't see anything else I fancied. I panicked....
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour Of Bewilderbeast - what was I thinking?
    And just to be contentious, A John Lennon compliation - what a pile of pretentious crap that was!

I've 6 albums by The Eels - I still enjoy all of them.

Don't mind a bit of Badly Drawn Boy meself
  • Options
    1972 - I was 12 or 13 - I liked the song Crazy Horses by the Osmond's. It was in a heavy rock 'style' so it kind of appealed to me. My mum bought me the LP but all of the other songs were so embarrassing, I hid it behind the sofa every time my mates came round to play records '(Hangs head in shame)
  • Options
    Ian Gillan's fist solo album - "Child in Time". I was 15, it was crap. I attacked it with a screwdriver then took it back to the shop saying it was "scratched". The bloke wasn't best pleased but...gave me another copy! Damn, served me right, dishonest little git.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

I think it's good ... but first album better
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Jarman said:

I think it's good ... but first album better
    What did you expect?
  • Options
    aaah, memories of Our Price Records in Bexleyheath and TK Records in Erith!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Duran Duran album.What was I thinking.
  • Options
    Modern Romance think it was called Ay Ay Ay Ay Moozey, even got the 12" single....sad. Bought it in Dartford in that record shop on Hythe Street opposite the co-op, can't remember what it was called.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Modern Romance think it was called Ay Ay Ay Ay Moozey, even got the 12" single....sad. Bought it in Dartford in that record shop on Hythe Street opposite the co-op, can't remember what it was called.

Challenger and Hicks?
  • Options
    DA1 said:

Nug said:

Challenger and Hicks?
    Yes, that was it, cheers.
  • Options
    I really like Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow, I'm surprised so many here have bought it and disliked it!

The worst album I've bought recently is What Did You Expect by The Vaccines. I can't understand what anyone sees in that album; there are a couple of good songs, but I find so much of it is so boring - most of that album is the definition of 'filler' (sorry if I'm offending anyone with that).
    Another mistake I've made recently was buying Ritual by White Lies, based on the strength of a couple of songs. That album is a stinker.
  • Options
    Jungle Mania 3
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Duran Duran album.What was I thinking.

I dunno, "Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand" maybe???
  • Options
    Dirty Work - The Rolling Stones
    I finally took off the rose tinted specs and faced up that one of 60's greats had been coasting since '73.
    Utterly dire album
  • Options
    I really like Another Girl Another Planet by the Only Ones so I bought their best of. 1 brilliant track and 22 of dross. Aaargh. (Probably not my worst but the one i remembered now). I also got nostalgic for some of the music of my youth and bought a Visage CD. Utter crap. What was I thinking?
    That said, the Landscape LP with Einstein a Go Go on it I still listen to (on vinyl). Fantastic record, like a gateway to jazz, which I used to hate but am coming round to.
  • Options
    oo ee ooo aahh aahhh ting tang waller waller bing bang