Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mouth Ulcers

2»

Comments

• Options
    We use tea bags to make tea
  • Options
    We use a kettle
  • Options
    We use a kettle for coffee
  • Options

I get them when I'm "run down" or haven't eaten enough fruit & vegetables ie after xmas.
    If you drink plenty of fresh orange juice it helps mine to go quicker. (Presume it's the lack of and then added vitamin c).

Also agree with putting salt on them, if you can handle it, or highly concentrated salt water if not.

Bonjela I think, just deadens the pain. I'm not sure it helps them heal.

PS I always used to get them as a kid & hardly ever get them now, as I have a small glass of fresh orange juice for breakfast. If I miss out, say perhaps at xmas as not in your own house, I get one within days.

This
    Latimer said:

Many prescription only medicines can cause mouth ulcers carbamazepine and carbimazole have particular cautions associated with them possibly indicating problems with white blood cell count.

Being run down, ramming the toothbrush into the gums can amongst many things cause mouth ulcers.

There was once a superb preparation called Adcortyl in Orabase sadly no longer available. A course of Strong Vitamin B compound tablets can help, corsodyl mouthwash as previously suggested or Hydrocortisone oral mucosal pellets (also known as Corlan in times past) can help. Orabase is an excellent mucosal protective too, all available at your local pharmacy

And this.

The best medication now is Igloo. But not a patch on Adcortyl (why did they ever stop making it).
  • Options
    Is Fraydor still about?

Stung like hell but very effective in forming an antiseptic protective covering.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Is Fraydor still about?

Stung like hell but very effective in forming an antiseptic protective covering.

Wasn't he in Lord of the Rings?
  • Options
    Q-tip with water, roll it in table salt so it's got salt all around and then apply it directly to the ulcer, it'll burn but your good.
  • Options
    Try iglu. It sticks well to the ulcer. Bonjela is shite.
  • Options
    Bit of Oraldene mouth wash does the trick for me
  • Options
    Used to get loads of them - I think something to do with my mouth being too small for my teeth! Bonjela I hated.
    However dentist recommended that I use a regular mouthwash to help with preventing the decay of tooth enamel and, for me, it seems to have (a) cut down on the number of ulcers and (b) reduced the length of time that any ulcers actually last for. Try some cheapo supermarket own brand product and see how you get on!
    (This is probably a coincidence but since regularly using mouthwash, I've hardly been getting any colds either which is odd.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

I've currently got a stye inside my eyelid. Any tips?

Wash out with optrecs, used to get these alot when suffering from hayfever (rubbing itchy eyes brings them on), then just leave it alone, it will clear up within a day or two.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Knock one out. May not be a cure but you'll feel better for it.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Russ, Is that your answer to everything? :-)

• Options
    Off_it said:

Wash it with Murine. You can get it from the chemists, but be careful what you ask for.
  • Options
    1905 said:

Off_it said:

Russ, Is that your answer to everything? :-)

That and "yes, I'd love a curry and/or beer"