Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twatter

Not sure what I think about this - just raising for debate purposes. Should the club be stricter with players' use of twitter? If we can work out what the congratulatory tweet last night means (possibly) for today's team selection then so presumably can Simon Grayson. Not a big deal today given that its the cup and CP is already on record about the likely make up of the team, but in other circumstances it might be dodgy. Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    It's one if those things that clubs are gradually getting terms with. Players have the right to use Twitter but the clubs should make them aware of what they can't tweet from a club perspective. Also they are in danger if disrepute charges from the FA with some aspects of banter.
  • Options
    Cuts both ways you can use it to send out duff info to throw the opposition off the scent.
  • Options
    Just my opinion, but I rate Twitter on the same scale as other social media websites - a complete and utter waste of time. Its a disaster waiting to happen.
  • Options
    Anyone see Danny Green have a slight go at Powell on Twitter saying " out of favour, get 45 mins to show what i can do lol".
  • Options
    I rate twitter as a great way for average Joe to connect with whom they see as stars.

And another way:
    recently I sacked someone at work who was off sick New Year's Eve but "5 jaeger bombs down right now, tons to go. Happy new year everyone" as I saw on my lunch break the same day.

He came in Wednesday I confronted him about it, he admitted he lied. He was gone by 10 am.

Happy new year to you t

• Options
    Ha ha, what an idiot.
  • Options
    Some people are right berks aren't they.
  • Options

Anyone see Danny Green have a slight go at Powell on Twitter saying " out of favour, get 45 mins to show what i can do lol".

Danny fcuking Green. What's he got to moan about?

• Options

which account is that i didnt think green had twitter, someone made one a while ago which was fake

• Options
    Was his Clothing range, ballers clothing i think...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like Danny hasn't had a season and a half to show what he can do.
    What can you do, Danny?
  • Options
    Those who complain about players on Twitter tend to be the same people who say players are disconnected from supporters.

Yes it should be used sensibly, but it's otherwise a great tool for supporters and players.
  • Options
    When BWP had twitter, in the summer after we signed him their was speculation over whether he would leave. I tweeted him asking if any of the speculation, he reassured me by stating that he was 100% not on his way out which at the time was a great relief and felt a nice touch that he did reply. Jason Euell has tweeted me back on occasion also so I think it's nice link as I would never have been in contact with these two otherwise.
  • Options
    Danny Green is not on twitter, but Andy Hughes now is and has proved great value, during this week he has been going through the changing room and posting pics of himself wearing team mates gear.... he's top value, most of our players on twitter are pretty sensible and do answer sensible questions.
  • Options
    andrew hughes ‏ @Andrew10dog
    Charlton footballer home is leeds harrogate
  • Options
    Banter between Hughes, Jacko and Hamer is very good at the mo.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

He ain't got Twitter mate. The bloke who came up with the inventive name for this thread is a bellend though. No-one's making you use it.
  • Options
    I like twitter, can be great on occasion much better then the stalker aid Facebook and such.

Just like all things on the internet, has a lot of people using it to be idiots and call each other C****.

• Options

Off_it said:

He ain't got Twitter mate. The bloke who came up with the inventive name for this thread is a bellend though. No-one's making you use it.
    Danny Green is @ballersclothing
  • Options
    Spot on apparently, @ballersclothing is him, there was someone posing as Danny Green on twitter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

Actually the title was a typo but I didn't bother to correct it. And if you actually read what I wrote you will see that I wasn't stating a negative opinion, just starting a debate. So keep the bellend remarks to yourself.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Actually the title was a typo but I didn't bother to correct it. And if you actually read what I wrote you will see that I wasn't stating a negative opinion, just starting a debate. So keep the bellend remarks to yourself.
    Well you must have shovels for hands in that case then. The "i" and "a" are absolutely nowhere near each other, so I don't buy that, sorry.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I read a thread like this, plan my thoughtful input then discover it's turned into a silly squabble, and the subject matter is forgotten so I don't bother posting. I'm pathetically trying to change hearts and minds, so come on guys, kiss and make up and make it a bit easier for me.
  • Options
    I think he spelt it right
  • Options
    Guys you really need to see this.

https://twitter.com/CHAOSCREW_NCFC

"Youth mob" of Norwich City. Best tweet so far has been - "this account is run by George and Im the top boy. Theres about 30 of us in the firm and we r 13 14 and 15"
  • Options
    I imagine the 'chaos' starts when their mum tells them to go to bed at 7.30 with no milk. Pathetic children.
  • Options
    Jackson and Hamer seem to like Covent Garden quite a lot, according to their Twitter conversations.
  • Options
    Jacksons parents live near Covent Garden dont they? He was brought up around there.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2013
    Think so, he used to play tennis with that James Ward at the Lincoln Inns Fields courts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2078061/Johnnie-Jackson-James-Ward-interview.html
  • Options
    That's right, I'd forgotten that. Makes sense, then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!