Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town, FA Cup 3rd Round - Match Thread

It's FA Cup time at the Valley, will CP start some of our yoof or put them on the bench, team news asap

COYA

Comments

• Options
    Charlton: Button, Wilson, Evina, Dervite, Taylor; Cook, Pritchard, Stephens, Kerkar; Wright-Phillips, Kermorgant

Charlton subs: Hamer, Fox, Morrison, Jackson, Green, Wagstaff, Azeez.
  • Options
    decent team that gives a chance to a couple of fringe players whilst also being a team that could win. Hope Azeez or Fox gets a run out as well.
  • Options
    Huddersfield: Smithies, Dixon, Clarke (c), Gerrard, Hunt; Scannell, Clayton, Arfield, Norwood; Beckford, Vaughan
  • Options
    They've put out a stronger team than us
  • Options
    Huddersfield subs: Bennett, Novak, Clarke, Wallace, Smith, Robinson, Atkinson
  • Options
    Slightly stronger team than I was expecting
  • Options
    Be nice to see Waggy get a run out at some stage.

Solly not even on the bench...probably the Hammers don't wan't him cup tied... :-O
  • Options
    yes but Stephens is cup tied but Hamer isn't - conclusion jumping time
  • Options

yes but Stephens is cup tied but Hamer isn't - conclusion jumping time

No solly...
  • Options
    Hoping button Will break his nose in the 89 th minute after having a blinder meaning Ben hamer comes on , thefore he becomes cup tied ending all interest from other clubs , Happy days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Taylor is captain for the day
  • Options
    If you was looking at signing a player would them being cup tied really put you off signing them? You're signing them for the league more than anything, a few cup games won't matter. I really don't think the whole cup tied thing is that big a deal to clubs.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Exactly cup tied or not won't put off anyone if you want to buy them
  • Options
    You wouldn't want to risk them getting injured in a not so important match though.
  • Options
    Oh dear thats a strong udders side vaughan and beckford hmm we are in bit of trouble :-/
  • Options

You wouldn't want to risk them getting injured in a not so important match though.

Only if you're desperate to sell. We're not, seemingly. Cup tied or not, clubs can take it or leave it.

• Options
    Am I right thinking that Hudds team looks pretty strong ?
  • Options
    bit worried - beckford & vaughan v taylor, devite & button
  • Options
    Red division have just had there flag/banner confiscated from the edge of the east stand ?
  • Options
    does anyone on this thread need a keyboard commentary or are we all happy just commenting on the match as it progresses???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Am I right thinking that Hudds team looks pretty strong ?

On the face of it, the Udders invested well for this season and have what appears to be a strong squad. Their league form/position is a bit surprising, especially the 6-1 defeat at Leicester. I expect them to try to exploit our poor home form to go for a win and give themselves a morale booster. Our side is stronger than I expected but we will do very well to win this today. Fingers crossed we can do it and hopefully we will build a lead so a couple of the youngsters get some match time.
  • Options
    Pleased with the team, gives a few players a chance but not so weak that we can't compete, although that Hudders team seems like they really want the win.
  • Options
    emma says 8 of our players who played in the Champiuonship game are not playing, which 8?
  • Options
    has commentary started?

am not getting it yet
  • Options
    Finchy reckons 9-10,000
  • Options

has commentary started?

am not getting it yet

Yes
  • Options
    game started
  • Options
    corner to hudds
  • Options
    crawley 1-0 reading
  • Options
    edited January 2013

emma says 8 of our players who played in the Champiuonship game are not playing, which 8?

Hamer, Solly, Cort, Morrison, Jackson, Frimpong, Hulse, Fuller.

Kerkar, Stephens and Pritchard have started both.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!