Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town, FA Cup 3rd Round - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    an england player scores for city 2-0
  • Options

Game sounds so dire on the radio, i say give a couple of the youngsters a chance in the second if we get to HT at 1 0, hopefully have some energy and passion to prove themselves.

yep this would be good

• Options
    deon burton scores gills 2nd
  • Options
    gosh we've got a throw
  • Options
    pritchard didn't score
  • Options
    wigan 0-1 bmouth
  • Options
    Half time.
  • Options
    shots on target 0
    shots off target 0

sort it CP, nearly as bad as Northwich Vic
  • Options
    cant we just draw 11 Valley Gold members out of the hat, the week before a Cup tie and play them - would make a cracking reality TV show....
  • Options
    Need a rocket up their arse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFCB 1 up at Wigan!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Seriously, why are we so c**p in Cup competitions? It doesn't matter whether we are flying high in the Premiership or struggling in Divison 1, you just know whatever 11 players take the field just won't perform.

Getting seriously pi**ed off with it.
  • Options
    As bad as the team is the crowd is even worse. Atmosphere is dead.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

interesting that Charlton, Nigels, Spanners and Hammers all at home ?? Wouldn't have thought OB would have permitted that ??

Our game and Palarse Stoke is nothing to worry about for them.

Unless Stoke go looking for Man Utd or Millwall....
  • Options
    We never seem to take the cup seriously so shouldn't be surprised when few turn up to watch.
  • Options
    Strange ain't it? Could someone remind me of just one 3rd round FA Cup Saturday when Charlton have put on a memorable performance, I am struggling TBH.
  • Options

Seriously, why are we so c**p in Cup competitions? It doesn't matter whether we are flying high in the Premiership or struggling in Divison 1, you just know whatever 11 players take the field just won't perform.

Getting seriously pi**ed off with it.

This. We just don't take it seriously enough.
  • Options
    oh well
  • Options
    I hope we turn it around, but it won't surprise me if i dont. It's the reason i didn't bother going, i've been to far too many cup games when we have been shockingly bad!

I remember Brentford at home, i think last year in the SJP cup when we got beat 3-0, it was embarrassing.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    We have been abject. Long punts to no one. Only positive is Button. Other than one duff clearance he's looked pretty good.

The 7-1 I got on Beckford first goal has softened the blow though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I gave up a few years back after we played west Brom in the 3rd round. I sat there watching two teams with at least five reserves surrounded by school kids on freebies in a half empty valley and swore I'd not do it again. Not been back at an FA cup tie since. Very nearly gave in to curiosity this morning when I thought the kids would play but didn't in the end as Im feeling shyte. Just had a text from a mate who did go at the last minute and he is so wishing that he hadn't!!!!
  • Options
    Is it asking to much to have a cup run,got an operation riverside duster in the car,would be nice to have a new one,but somewhere nicer though.
  • Options
    I was thinking about bringing mrs ltgtr's friends son to the game...wish I had now, I hate the little shit and it would have been good to him suffer...
  • Options
    We will turn this round , are filth infested cup record will be overturned this year . The year ends in 13
  • Options
    Hope it livens up 2nd half for those that have made the effort . i'm off to spend my match entrance fee on some Holland & Barrett Juice for Joints!
  • Options
    benty scores for villa 1-1
  • Options
    Crap so far not even an effort on goak. Why do i bother should have learnt by now.
  • Options
    DB Scored for villa
  • Options
    You guys aren't missing much. Their player Vaughan is a nasty piece of work though.
  • Options
    Shame were not up for it, as really enjoyed going to Halifax last year but then trips like that are what the FA cup is all about IMO.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!