Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town, FA Cup 3rd Round - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    wendies 0-0 mkd FT
  • Options
    Full time!
  • Options
    Well that's that then and people claim there is no tradition left in modern football.
  • Options
    Shite
  • Options
    that's it folks, let's hope for better next saturday
  • Options
    Load of rubbish
  • Options
    Play the youths that's the risk... Oh well!
  • Options
    Oh well, s**t happens, just a shame it's every year in a cup competition.
  • Options
    The dream is over,again.
  • Options
    Well the run was good while it lasted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hatters win
  • Options
    pathetic
  • Options
    Did we win
  • Options
    Utter gash
  • Options

Did we win

Depends who 'we' is
  • Options
    It's disgraceful they do this year in year out . We hardly set the football world alight in the league
  • Options
    Stale Mckrackenbacken surely can't last at Wolves much longer.
  • Options
    I've been going To The Valley for 52 years and I'm so glad that I didn't bother today.
  • Options
    Typically crap cup performance - and the saddest thing is it was all so bloody predictable. I really feel sorry for those brave or optimistic souls that paid good money to watch such a dire "lay down and die" display. I admit I saw it coming and decided I had better things to do, but it just is not good enough:

- our play and results at home have been mostly poor, the fans deserve a lot better
    - a win today could have given us a mouth watering tie at home or away against a Prem team
    - a cup run is good for morale
    - we need the additional revenue

but yet again we screw it up. It wasn't that we fielded a terribly weak team but equally, with 8 of the starting team at Watford missing out, it seems clear that despite all the fine words from CP, we de-priotitised the cup.

Charlton - dont be surprised when there is an even smaller gate at the next home cup tie. You really don't deserve any better
  • Options
    sralan said:

Oh well, s**t happens, just a shame it's every year in a cup competition.</blockquote

Not quite every year: some of us were around when we actually won it!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was you there ?
  • Options
    The FA cup is not worth the risk of losing out on the Championship. That's why we put out an under strength team and treat the match as a work out. All of which makes sense to me. Roll on Blackpool and I'm sure you will see a different team effort.
  • Options
    I take it that we never p
  • Options
    Dont think this has ever been said before, so feel free to shoot me down but this means we can now concentrate on the league!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I think every fan of a reasonable supported club should hope and believe you can win a major trophy in their lifetime . In the grand scheme of things coming tenth in the premier means nothing to anybody
  • Options
    Very disappointed, but is it a shock? No.

Truly awful and lack ambition in the cup. We will probably finish 16th in the league and qualify as one of the most boring teams to follow in football. I saw somebody ask earlier about our lack of TV games. Hardly headline makers are we?
  • Options
    Sick of the bollox that we need to rest players---try the kids----going up---going down--going nowhere.

Just be honest and say " CAFC as a club do not give a rat shit about Cups and will only put a small token effort in. If you feel like turning up to watch this small amount of effort--- its at your own risk and we will still take your money"
  • Options

I take it that we never p

I do NLA, especially after a beer
  • Options
    nolly said:

I think every fan of a reasonable supported club should hope and believe you can win a major trophy in their lifetime . In the grand scheme of things coming tenth in the premier means nothing to anybody

This
  • Options
    nolly said:

You're forgetting the people's cup !

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!