Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar

Comments

• Options
    As me old grandad used to say 'Pass me the Senior Service' no sorry it was 'Kerkar, he couldn't cross the bloody road'
  • Options

I agree with Henry on this one. I heard somewhere that he's our leading assists player. Not entirely sure it's true (have to check the statbank) but not bad is it?

Joint top with Stephens. Another who's been in do some stick recently.
  • Options

I agree with Henry on this one. I heard somewhere that he's our leading assists player. Not entirely sure it's true (have to check the statbank) but not bad is it?

How many assists?
  • Options

How many assists?

6 each.
  • Options

I think he's being written off too quickly by some. He's not been helped by our left back injury problems - Seaborne in particular offered woeful support going forward IMO - compare that to Solly on the other side (or even Solly at LB).

That's a very good point, RedLane.
  • Options
    Got to be in the top 10 of worst player to be seen in a Charlton shift and i have seen a few.
  • Options

Completely no bottle, would not get into most Sunday sides.

Again, more made up nonsense.

If you don't rate him fine but he's played how many professional games including an old firm match.

Debate his (or any player's) abilities and weaknesses but why the need to come out with nonsense. He would, like 100% of professionals, be so far above any Sunday league team in skill, fitness and tackling.

Does that make him good enough to play for a Championship side or for Charlton? That's a completely different point but that's what should be being discussed not irrational and glib statements like "would not get into most Sunday sides".

Henry. Are you going to sift through every bit of chaff and inaccuracy this board throws up from time to time?

Know its not your style but,go on. Just come out and admit you love the fella.

Don't love him, just think he and any player deserves better than to be dismissed as "useless", "deadwood", "Sunday league", "Can't cross to save his life". It just shows up some people's inability to construct an argument when they have to resort to the above. And it's not just Kerker. Half the Championship team were being written off as "deadwood" and BWP is his "usual lazy self"

Even Danny Green does some decent stuff sometimes and has some good games. Occasionally : - )

What's sad/funny is we've seen it so many times on here only for the player or manager to suddenly perform well elsewhere (Sinclair/Pardew are two examples) at which point history is either re-written or its "they were Charltonised/it was the managers' fault".

No, they always had ability (even Pardew) but for whatever reason it wasn't enough or they didn't show it when with us.

That is all. Kerker will be a decent Centre Midfielder (for that is his real position) for someone. Not for Charlton I think but for someone and it will be at a lot higher level than Sunday league.
    Well put. The constant black or white statements on here about players (mostly negative these days) about Jackson, Kerkar, Green, Stephens, BWP being 'useless' or 'shite' just smack of a lack of intelligence and actually ruin any kind of debate about football more often than not. If all of these players were 'not good enough for Sunday league' or 'lazy' or 'too slow' or whatever other exaggerated terms that have been thrown at them, then we really would be in trouble. But we're not.

As for Kerkar - I remember seeing him in a couple of the pre season friendlies and was really impressed with his ball control and his ability to take on players. I still think that he has that ability, but doesn't have the pace to do it out wide. I think we would see a different player if he was brought inside, but I personally can't see us experimenting that any time soon.
  • Options
    Sure I heard he was an attacking midfielder rather than a winger or makeshift left back. Has had some shockers, has had some ok games, 6 assists and expect there is more to come. Will reserve judgement until I see a little more.
  • Options
    SCP must see something in him that a fair few of us don't.
    Regardless, LM should be occupied by Jackson for league games.
  • Options
    I agree with Henry on this. He's not bad, tracks back, makes chances, so I cannot understand the disdain. Most importantly he plays on the left and stays on the left so we have more shape with him there than sticking a righty over there or playing a centre mid out wide. It remains to be seen whether the mooted Evina/Wiggins wing will address that issue more successfully.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those saying bring him inside do realise it couldnt work one bit in a 4-4-2. This would mean dropping either Kerm, Fuller or Hayes when hes fit. Personally I dont think he's tge kind of player that would go looking for the ball enough like Andy Reid and would give him a bigger oputunity to hide. All a matter of opinion.
  • Options

Those saying bring him inside do realise it couldnt work one bit in a 4-4-2. This would mean dropping either Kerm, Fuller or Hayes when hes fit. Personally I dont think he's tge kind of player that would go looking for the ball enough like Andy Reid and would give him a bigger oputunity to hide. All a matter of opinion.

Against Fulham he played in the centre and looked very good. Yes it was a friendly so can't put too much on it but he turned the game.

• Options

Be interesting to see how many matches we've won in a trad 4-4-2 this year? Either way I think Kerkar's started the majority of our wins, around 6 or 7 of the matches.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Completely no bottle, would not get into most Sunday sides.

Again, more made up nonsense.

If you don't rate him fine but he's played how many professional games including an old firm match.

Debate his (or any player's) abilities and weaknesses but why the need to come out with nonsense. He would, like 100% of professionals, be so far above any Sunday league team in skill, fitness and tackling.

Does that make him good enough to play for a Championship side or for Charlton? That's a completely different point but that's what should be being discussed not irrational and glib statements like "would not get into most Sunday sides".

My opinion if you don't like it fine but don't sulk about it, I went to millwall (as well as other matches) & he bottled virtually everything that day. When you need men to stand up & fight do not count on Kerkar.

By the way there are some very good Sunday league teams, if you have ever looked.

• Options
    Kerkar has had a couple of good games but gone missing in quite a few others.Physically he's one of the least imposing players I've ever seen and he seems unable to head the ball. He may have had a few assists but it doesn't make up for his invisible man impersonations.
    Out of his depth in the Championship based on what Ive seen.
  • Options
    No Kerkar or Cook in the 18 yesterday. Injuried/illness or Powell fed up with their inept performances last saturday?
  • Options
    Fox and Harriot considered a better option than Kerkar or Cook. Was SCP making a point to the board of how thin the squad is ?
  • Options
    Saw a couple of league predictions at the start of this season claiming he was set to be our key player , clearly has talent but championship is a physically tough league , could be that? who knows but I wouldnt write him off yet
  • Options

Fox and Harriot considered a better option than Kerkar or Cook. Was SCP making a point to the board of how thin the squad is ?

I wasn't there so could be wrong but from what I've read they were arguably the two worst players in the cup game.

Could that explain SCP's decision?

• Options
    Another one to tick off. I only need one more name for a line on my "Slagged off Bingo" card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I wasn't there so could be wrong but from what I've read they were arguably the two worst players in the cup game.

Could that explain SCP's decision?

Would still be a thin squad is the point. If you have to resort to promising but untested kids over second/third choice wingers then perhaps a bit of spending is in order.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Another one to tick off. I only need one more name for a line on my "Slagged off Bingo" card.

Danny Green?
  • Options
    The reviews we had from Ranger's fans have proved to be spot on.He does seem to operate both ends of the range and is inconsistent.There have been times like Cardiff at home where I have felt we have a real talent on our hands,however there have been more of the other end of the spectrum,games where I have been very disappointed and frustrated by him.

I Wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on during the window,virtually all fans agree we need a new left sider and even if we do not sign one Callum Harriott really impressed yesterday and in my view would beat Kerkar to a place on the bench now.
  • Options
    still without a club - wonder if that's it for him at the tender age of 25...
  • Options
    They love him at Rangers. He'll either return to Ibrox or drop down the English pyramid
  • Options

They love him at Rangers. He'll either return to Ibrox or drop down the English pyramid

Thought he was more suited to Spanish or French Lower Leagues or back to Morocco.

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Thought he was more suited to Spanish or French Lower Leagues or back to Morocco.

Emphasis on lower leagues.
  • Options
    Now playing for Beroe Stara Zagora in Bulgaria!