Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar

Comments

• Options
    Seems to care more for us than a lot of ex players.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Seems to care more for us than a lot of ex players.

I think that is just his nature which is nice, When he was with us he tweeted about Rangers alot as well
  • Options
    Jeez, I'd erased all memories of him until I just noticed this thread. Probably the worst Charlton player I've seen...............
  • Options

Jeez, I'd erased all memories of him until I just noticed this thread. Probably the worst Charlton player I've seen...............

Ok he's never going to be a legend but bit harsh that IMO tango.
  • Options
    Didn't he have a high number of assists one season?

Never thought he was that bad, and glad he seemed to like it here.
  • Options
    I don't understand why he ever got as much stick as he did. I thought he was a good player in patches
  • Options
    It may be old age setting in, or apathy with this period of our team, but while I recall the name I can barely remember him!.
  • Options
    Scored in our record away win!
  • Options

Harsh. Cleary you never saw Ralph Milne play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was a strange player everytime he got the ball you thought he would lose it only to then get an assist or beat his man. For a free he did a job for the season
  • Options

Bloody hell mate agreed he wasn't Cryuff but he's no where near the worse, Peter Shaw, now he was the only footballer with 3 left feet!
  • Options
    Unselfish player who had to fill in at left-back a few times. I'm glad he's playing again because it looked like he wasn't going to get a club.
  • Options
    Well, I only started following the Addicks in 88, so didn't see Ralf Milne and never heard of Peter Shaw, (didn't he used to host Police 5?)

I just couldn't for the life of me see how this guy was playing at pro level. As a winger, he had no pace, no tricks and was 100% one footed. A full backs dream to play against.

One of those players you could place in a team like Bromley and he wouldn't stand out in a game.............
  • Options

still looking out for our results clearly

salim kerkar ‏@kerkar10 4m minutes ago
    Well done @CAFCofficial for tonight and Congrats to @johnnie_jackson for your goal. #coyr

Fair play to him. He wasn't the greatest player by a long way, but always seemed to have the right attitude
  • Options
    dizzee said:

We missed him tonight.

Move on.
  • Options

never heard of Peter Shaw, (didn't he used to host Police 5?)

That was Shaw Taylor. If you think Kerkar is the worst player we've had since 1988 then you seriously need to learn to "keep 'em peeled" when you're watching Charlton!
  • Options

You never saw Amdy Faye then?
  • Options

Well, I only started following the Addicks in 88, so didn't see Ralf Milne and never heard of Peter Shaw, (didn't he used to host Police 5?)

Huh ....... just a Johnny-come-lately.

;o)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frank Nouble
    Izzy Macleod
    Mc Oxo
    Seabourne
    Pawel Abbot

All worse than him and probably all spelt wrong too.
  • Options

I just couldn't for the life of me see how this guy was playing at pro level. As a winger, he had no pace, no tricks and was 100% one footed. A full backs dream to play against.

One of those players you could place in a team like Bromley and he wouldn't stand out in a game.............

How about Gary Borrowdale then?
  • Options
    A one legged Kerkar was better than David Mooney
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Frank Nouble
    Izale McLeod
    McCormack
    Seaborne
    Pawel Abbott

All worse than him and probably all spelt wrong too.

1/5 correct ;-)

Wouldn't have ant of them back no matter how they're spelt though!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    In 2004 I was sentenced to 7 years in Durham, no not the nick, with my ex missus. So no, I didn't see Faye play for us. Fortunately, I missed the disasterous relegations and the pardew era, just catching stuff on TV. Returned in time for the Powell revolution, so I stand by my original comment that Kerkar is the worst player I've seen in a charlton shirt..............
  • Options
    But you saw Frimpong? Most of our loanees in the Powell era were pretty terrible.
  • Options
    Loans don't count ;-).........
  • Options

I don't understand why he ever got as much stick as he did. I thought he was a good player in cabbage patches

More like it........
  • Options
    Don't remember him too well so he probably wasn't that terrible. Some people are on the pitch for 2 games in their entire Charlton career and haunt you forever - step forward Mr El-Khalej.......
  • Options
    Better than Danny 'cross when I should shoot, shoot when I should cross' Green