Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's another sacking in the Championship.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20870241

He was just to Stale for their liking I guess..........

Comments

• Options
    Can I be the first to say Curbs to Wolves...?

There, did it.
  • Options
    lol I thought he did a better job than Terry Connor did!!!
  • Options
    Mcarthy must be laughing his socks off
  • Options
    I thought the clown of a chairman offered curbs the job for the last 13 games of the prem season and then he was gonna review it from there ....curbs rightfully told him to poke it
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    maybe he could put a wig on and re apply for his job?
  • Options
    Apparently , the Wolves chairman decided that it needed freshening up after Stale.
  • Options
    What an idiot in sacking Mccarthy !
  • Options
    "The decision was made before the game at Luton. It was not a case of him losing the dressing room because I'm told he never found the dressing room. It was supposed to be a long term plan but the players never really got what he was about."

ouch
  • Options
    Apparently, Dean Saunders is favourite. Interesting choice.
  • Options

"The decision was made before the game at Luton. It was not a case of him losing the dressing room because I'm told he never found the dressing room. It was supposed to be a long term plan but the players never really got what he was about."

ouch

To have been so wrong the chairman has to hold his hands up and admit a catastrophic series of decisions and resign

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stupid appointment in the first place. Should never have got rid of big mick.
  • Options
    I was in Cologne the day he got appointented as Wolves manager. He was sacked from there of course as they had just been relegated. The Cologne fans said he wouldnt last the season and were laughing their heads off at the appointment.
  • Options
    Some appointment (e.g. Mark Hughes at QPR) go wrong, but made some sort of sense at the time. Pardew at Charlton falls into this category.

Other appointments (Kean, Connor, Berg, Stale) made no sense at the time, you wonder what the Chairman was thinking? I can imagine the yes men around him nodding and saying what a wonderful appointment that would be...
  • Options
    I wrote before the season started that ol' Stale would be a disaster. This is not a division for playing tactically complicated football, all the players capable of so doing are in the premier, Spain, Germany or Italy. Moxey the Wolves managing director has overseen a steep decline at the club. The question is how come he stays employed when managers around him are sacked.
  • Options
    Forget the championship managers, there's a more urgent agenda

NP is innocent!
  • Options
    They'd be stupid to appoint Saunders over O'Driscoll IMO
  • Options
    Always thought they would regret sacking Mick, pleased it's gone bad for them for that reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Valley11 said:

Can I be the first to say Curbs to Wolves...?

There, did it.

16-1?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I like & rate McCarthy & would never have sacked him. I must admit I thought Solbakken was destined to fail.
    He seemed like Berg, Lee Clark, Bryan Robson etc - miserable buggers with no personality.
  • Options
    Dean Saunders? Really? Don't understand some of these chairman and boards. Surely with the parachute money and decent crowds having just come down fro the PL they'd get be able to attract someone with a bit more pedigree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't particularly rate McCarthy in the EPL (he is capable of doing a job in the championship), so would have replaced him if there had been someone better available. Wolves' error was not having someone lined up to replace McCarthy when they sacked him and then not offering attractive terms to get someone else who was suitable.

WBA seem a good example of what Wolves should be doing management wise.

Saunders is unproven in the championship, but did well at Wrexham and is doing well at Doncaster (last season at Doncaster can be ignored given the unusual approach taken by that club last year).
  • Options
    Saunders confirmed as boss according to SSN
  • Options
    Dean Saunders = good appointment in my book.
    As said, did well at Wrexham and had to wheel and deal for a team at Donny.
    Worked hard to get to the top of the game.
    I hope he does well, obviously not to our detriment of course.
  • Options
    terrible appointment from the outset. Couldn't understand why they went for a bloke with no UK experience and little pedigree. HAHA Wolves.
  • Options

terrible appointment from the outset. Couldn't understand why they went for a bloke with no UK experience and little pedigree. HAHA Wolves.

5 league titles and champions league experience - obviously with hindsight it didn't work out but don't see why he was destined to fail from the outset...
  • Options

5 league titles and champions league experience - obviously with hindsight it didn't work out but don't see why he was destined to fail from the outset...
    Yes, but did he win any of those titles on a cold wet night in Stoke?
  • Options

5 titles in Denmark with Copenhagen, so he didn't exactly win them with a minnow in that league. Was sacked after less than a year with Cologne, after his methods didn't work there.
  • Options
    So they've brought in Dean Saunders from Doncaster.

Quite surprised by that appointment considering they were relegated under him last season and although Donny are doing OK at the moment, it has to be said that this season's League One is very very weak compared to recent years.
  • Options

Inherited a side that had won the Danish league in both of the previous 2 seasons, so didn't really have to do much.

Would be a bit like claiming Alex McLeish is a good manager because he won the SPL with Rangers.
  • Options
    Saunders will do a good job at Wolves. He's a tough man and tactically astute. He's turned Donny from a basket case back into a decent lower league club. Donny will miss him and may well (wait for it) ......... reappoint O'Driscoll