Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's another sacking in the Championship.......

2»

Comments

• Options

Saunders will do a good job at Wolves. He's a tough man and tactically astute. He's turned Donny from a basket case back into a decent lower league club. Donny will miss him and may well (wait for it) ......... reappoint O'Driscoll

Not convinced myself. Donny were relegated under Saunders. Personally, think it's another fail.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Saunders will do a good job at Wolves. He's a tough man and tactically astute. He's turned Donny from a basket case back into a decent lower league club. Donny will miss him and may well (wait for it) ......... reappoint O'Driscoll

Not convinced myself. Donny were relegated under Saunders. Personally, think it's another fail.
    Yes Donny were relegated with Saunders as manager but when he took over they were on a 20 game run without a win, the rot was well and truly in the foundations. He has stopped the crazy policy whereby agents with the conivance of the owner were bringing in players for silly wages, no transfer fees, on short term contracts and the Donny changing room should have been fitted with a revolving door, so many were the player comings and goings.
    Saunders has rebuilt the team and introduced stability as he did with Wrexham where again he was very successful without actually getting the club back into the FL as he was up against fine teams (and well financed ones) in Crawley and Fleetwood and was undone in the play offs by Luton, another well financed if inconsistent club. From what I hear he has got the players right behind him and is known as being a VERY tough and hard manager but a totally fair one. He likes his sides to play attacking, straight forward 'English Style' football and I think and hope he will do very well at Wolves, a club with great traditions and a club I have a big soft spot for as anyone living in the dire mess that is Wolverhampton deserves a decent football team.
  • Options
    I'll meet you half way. I reckon he'll do better than Stale :-)
  • Options

I'll meet you half way. I reckon he'll do better than Stale :-)

YOU would do a far better job than Stale (:->)
  • Options
    So many managers sacked yet Lee Clark STILL has a job!!
  • Options

So many managers sacked yet Lee Clark STILL has a job!!

yes .. life is a total mystery
  • Options
    Was speaking to a Brum fan the other night - until the financial shenanigans with the owners in the Far East are sorted, he accepted that they'll have a team of youngsters and won't be challenging for promotion. Mind you, they could end up playing Villa next season.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Was speaking to a Brum fan the other night - until the financial shenanigans with the owners in the Far East are sorted, he accepted that they'll have a team of youngsters and won't be challenging for promotion. Mind you, they could end up playing Villa next season.

Or Walsall and Coventry... it'll be interesting who leave St Andrews this month.