Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Clarke gone

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Kap10 said:

For whatever reason the worst bit of business done in this managerial reign, so glad to get rid. Whoever signed him (Powell or Board) wasted a lot of money getting rid of Benson

I thought Parky signed him? Anyway how come Swindon have since binned him off to Pompey?
  • Options
    When Clarke scores the goals can take Coventry to promotion via the play offs and then he scores the winner at the Valley next season, i expect there'll be a few on here saying 'we should never have sold him'
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

For whatever reason the worst bit of business done in this managerial reign, so glad to get rid. Whoever signed him (Powell or Board) wasted a lot of money getting rid of Benson

I thought Parky signed him? Anyway how come Swindon have since binned him off to Pompey?
    To clarify my point. CP wanted rid of Benson, the board would not let him go for free, so we obtained an asset in Clarke, Clarke has cost us UPTO a years salary and was a player that was poor for us. If we had just given Benson a free, it would have been cheaper and less complicated and we could have used any funds we spent on Clarke elsewhere.

Parky got Benson in, Powell got him out, but at the cost of Clarke.

• Options
    God forbid it could ever be Powell's fault.He got Kerkar,Clarke,Cook in,cannot blame Parky for that.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

To clarify my point. CP wanted rid of Benson, the board would not let him go for free, so we obtained an asset in Clarke, Clarke has cost us UPTO a years salary and was a player that was poor for us. If we had just given Benson a free, it would have been cheaper and less complicated and we could have used any funds we spent on Clarke elsewhere.

Parky got Benson in, Powell got him out, but at the cost of Clarke.

Oh right I see where you're coming from, Powell obviously didn'y fancy one of the old guard and took a punt on Clarke which and I hate to use the word, with HINDSIGHT, didn't work out.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Coventry can offer anyone a 2 1/2 year contract in their current financial condition, maybe they think he'll get a few goals and they'll be able to sell him in he summer...
  • Options
    Benson and Leon. Two great bits of business.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, may many goals be his destiny; I also have Coventree for promotion @ a nice price
  • Options
    Didn't we reject a bid from Oldham for him in the summer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Scunthorpe wanted to keep him but couldn't afford him, hence he came back and the club was immediately looking to loan him out again. As it is, he's going to Cov full time now, which can't be a surprise to anyone. Not for us, but I've no ill will towards him. Coventry clearly desperate to replace McGoldrick with a proven goal scorer.
  • Options
    Looks like Leon will have a new boss.

Mark Robins is reportedly the new Doncaster manager.
  • Options
    I really wish him well. Not his fault we signed him and not his fault he wasn't good enough. Never heard he caused us any problems whilst he was with us so good luck to him.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe have signed Akpo Sodje to replace him until the end of the season.
  • Options

Looks like Leon will have a new boss.

Mark Robins is reportedly the new Doncaster manager.

He's left/leaving Coventry ?
    According to the BBC he is denying any truth in the story