Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pete Tong ever lasting conflicts - the same person keeps on

parking across the entrance of my driveway on the road. what can i do ? any legal or non legal suggestions. Mainly legal suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    punch their lights out
  • Options
    I was told that you can only call the police if they are preventing you from leaving your property, (like their going to rush to help) not to enter, as the former is a technically obstruction, it is only courtesy that you do not block someones driveway! hope this helps.
  • Options
    but I`m with Steve on this one.
  • Options
    Leave a note asking them to show some consideration for your driveway access - put a picture of a chainsaw in the top corner of the note.
  • Options
    if i cant get into my driveway how about me just parking alongside the offending car and blocking the whole road !! What would happen .
  • Options
    Put a notice on the windscreen every time they park there:

Free car - Help yourselves

• Options
    Push it into the middle of the road so it causes an obstruction.

It will then be clamped and impounded and the inconsiderate git will then have to pay through the nose to get his car back.
  • Options
    with a neighbour block the car in. almost touching bumpers.

when the knock and ask you to move, do it but be surly. they'll get the point.
  • Options
    I suppose it's a neighbour being the inconsiderate pr*** so you must be tactful. Set the car on fire then as Steve said punch the geezers lights out.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: the_covered_end[/cite]I was told that you can only call the police if they are preventing you from leaving your property, (like their going to rush to help) not to enter, as the former is a technically obstruction, it is only courtesy that you do not block someones driveway! hope this helps.[/quote]

This is correct, there is nothing illegal about parking across an empty drive.

A drive with a car in it is a different matter altogether.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]parking across the entrance of my driveway on the road. what can i do ? any legal or non legal suggestions. Mainly legal suggestions.

i always thought the law is/was that as soon as the council put in a slope/ramp across the pavement (or somebody else if permission has been given which it must have been unless you have a curb still that you illegally drive over) then under the road traffic act somebody parking across it is causing an obstruction to the public highway and the police were legally obliged to hot foot it down there and move it if you notify them...try giving them a call and pointing that out to them to see if its true...
  • Options
    SEND THE LIFERS ROUND WE'LL ALL SORT IT OUT FOR YOU.MESS WITH ONE LIFER MESS WITH ALL OF US.
  • Options
    Or call the Old Bill out to ask them to get the neighbour to move his car that has so inconveniently parked across your drive again, when they tell you to F*** off, ask them to stay on the line whilst you go to get your gun & shoot the bloke. The police will turn up in force before you know it.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    last year when I was out a neighbours visitor parked on my driveway while I was out, we could actually see it happening as we neared my house, so not being the type to have a ruck (I`m to old now) I parked across my drive, jumped in my mates car who was following me, and off we went for 18 holes of golf, five hours later returned with my golf buddies, there was this guy pacing up and down, I never said a word just got in my car, moved it let him out and he`s never done it again, my neighbour has since told me he phoned the police and they told him that, its best you just wait for me to return as technically he was a trespasser, still see him occassionally, still makes me laugh when I do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Put a notice on the windscreen every time they park there:

[h1]Free car - Help yourselves[/h1]

that's childish, just as putting a unobtrusive same-size 'tax in post' notice (dont superglue it because he'll never get it off) over the windscreen where his tax disc is...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Put a notice on the windscreen every time they park there:

that's childish, just as putting a unobtrusive same-size 'tax in post' notice (dont superglue it because he'll never get it off) over the windscreen where his tax disc is...
  • Options

• Options
    or even 3 of them...nurse, the site's playing up again...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    5 times ?...this is boosting my comments total...
  • Options
    heard you first time ltgtr.

thats very frustrating... i fooooking really really really hate it when i come out of mine on match days and some fooker has parked on our private driveway. theres three spaces and one is sometimes empty... i just wouldnt imagine doing that.
  • Options
    Bit late but if they do it again, get under the car, cut the handbrake cable and push it away!
  • Options
    I used to get this where I used to live. Whenever there was an event down the bottom of our road the road used to get jammed up with cars. Some numpty would always park over our drive.
    I used to fire an old .177 air rifle at the bodywork and leave some nice little dents for them. Never stopped it happening but gave me a sense of revenge for their inconsideration.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    a simple 'kiddie fiddler on board' sticker on his boot should do the trick. he wont notice it when leaving your parking space, but imagine his confusion/panic as people pull up next to him in traffic giving him the cut throat signs.
  • Options
    In London it's a 27 offence and the local authority can issue a PCN against the vehicle (and remove it if they have the facilities) however you do need to agree normally to sign a document stating the vehicle is not there with your permission. All the London Local Authorities deal with this in a different manner, but if they (the LA parking dept.) say there is nothing they can do that is not the case. Outside of London only the Police can do something about it so in pratice nothing happens.
  • Options
    Can I suggest you remove the dust caps from the tyres, let out all the air from the said tyres and then apply a small amount of superglue to the dust caps and screw them back on. It wont move the car but it'll p1ss the owner off and he/she wont be likely to do it again...
  • Options
    1. Take a photo of the car there, making sure you get the registration number.
    2. Ask them politely not to park there any more.

Hopefully they will apologise and stop doing it. If not,

3. Keep a log of contact with them and when you know the car is there, take regular photos - let them see you take some.
    4. Ask them again, saying it would be a shame to get the police involved - - ask for their name and address if you don't already know.

5. Contact local authority as per Pickwick's note.

If this is not of help then,

6. Block them in bumper to bumper as per Afka's note, but ensure you and/or a neighbour can see their return - with camera handy in case they do anything to your car or property. When they come to knock, feel free to repeat any phrases they have dished out to you "eg. I am perfectly in my rights to park there" - tell them you'll move it in 5 minutes, and do so.
    Repeat as necessary, but don't move for 10, 15 minutes etc.

7. Hopefully you would never get this far.

Other suggestions order two skips and block them in, follow them (or if female get another woman eg wife to do so and find out their address.