Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£62 a Ticket - Arsenal v Man City This Weekend

Just heard on the radio this morning , Man City sending back tickets ahead of this weekends match (Which is on Tele) £62 a ticket!! and i thought the Palace tickets were overpriced!

Is this what we'd have to look forward to if we got to the promised land?

Comments

• Options
    Plenty are boycotting it, they sent back just under 1k.
  • Options
    Premier league should do something about it.

I don't know if you can cap ticket prices but at the very least they should enforce something similar to the fa cup where both sides have to agree on the ticket price first.

62 quid is just about ok for a home fan sitting up near the halfway line, but to charge that for a ticket in the corner of the away end is a joke.

The silly thing is when Arsenal play the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs they will probably all sell out at that price.
  • Options
    Heard about this a few weeks ago. A friend of mine is an Arsenal member and he paid £45 for a Premier League game a few weeks back and they wanted £70+ for the same seat for the Man City game.
  • Options
    Why should the premier league do anything about it? If people are stupid enough to pay it then the clubs will take advantage. Only way to stop it would be empty sections/boycotts, not paying for food or drink in the ground is a good idea. We would've take more to Ipswich if the price was only £5 less or so, hopefully they'll cotton on to that.

And no, I don't want to return to the promise land!
  • Options
    Joke but then planty of tourists will go to Arsenal and they will fill it so if the real supporter loses out who cares we can have another passionless nobody who no one will even realise was there clicking away at his camera for 90 minutes. The sooner it goes bang the better
  • Options
    Bloke I know was trying to get rid of a top tier ticket earlier in the season, was selling it face value £126!

How can anyone justify £126 a ticket?
  • Options
    I think I paid 30 in the away end when I went to see Orient there in the cup the other year
  • Options
    In some ways you can see why their fans are frustrated at a perceived lack of investment in the team. When you are charging the highest prices in the league to watch, you'd expect to be there or thereabouts in most competitions. Outrageous prices for football.
  • Options

Joke but then planty of tourists will go to Arsenal and they will fill it so if the real supporter loses out who cares we can have another passionless nobody who no one will even realise was there clicking away at his camera for 90 minutes. The sooner it goes bang the better

There was a photo of a Man City fan of Far East descend taking a picture of Rooney after he scored a goal at The Eastlands. £126 is outrageous.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It would be where football and I part company.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm off to Bath for a weekend break in February and I've got tickets for Bath v london Irish. They're priced at £38 a pop which is quite expensive so it's not just football clubs that are pricing the ordinary fan out of the market.
  • Options
    I think £32 for Palace Charlton is probably worse than £62 to watch 2 of the top 4 teams in England play each other.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Arsenal have a VERY expensive stadium to pay for and need to finance the millions to pay part time male model / footballer Walcott
  • Options

Why should the premier league do anything about it? If people are stupid enough to pay it then the clubs will take advantage. Only way to stop it would be empty sections/boycotts, not paying for food or drink in the ground is a good idea. We would've take more to Ipswich if the price was only £5 less or so, hopefully they'll cotton on to that.

How's it being stupid enough to pay for it when you wat to watch your team play
  • Options
    I don't think a team that made £36 million before tax can blame ticket prices on the new stadium.
  • Options
    £62 is their bog-standard Cat A away charge now. We sold out but not without everyone complaining about it.

• Options
    Hope Spurs have the decency to charge Arsenal £62 for the return fixture
  • Options
    I wouldn't pay it on principle no matter how much I love my team.
  • Options
    GRAY9 said:

I think £32 for Palace Charlton is probably worse than £62 to watch 2 of the top 4 teams in England play each other.

Why? Are Manchester City fans inherently richer than Charlton or Palace fans?

• Options

GRAY9 said:

Why? Are Manchester City fans inherently richer than Charlton or Palace fans?

Because the football will be shit.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I wouldn't pay it on principle no matter how much I love my team.

this...I simply wouldn't pay that to watch us (maybe only for a cup final or semi final), I wonder if we did go up in the next couple of seasons, how it would effect our ST prices.

• Options

Because they'll keep charging you more and more.
  • Options

I'm off to Bath for a weekend break in February and I've got tickets for Bath v london Irish. They're priced at £38 a pop which is quite expensive so it's not just football clubs that are pricing the ordinary fan out of the market.

I looked into taking my son to a rugby match and was amazed at how expensive tickets were for a regular Premiership game (whether at Wasps, Saracens or Northampton, all roughly equidistant from me).

• Options
    I've got a ticket to the Newcastle v Chelsea the begining of Feb which I though wasn't too bad at £42 compared to Palace.
  • Options

We wont but we should do.

The games are graded as follows:

Cat A | Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, West Ham United
    Cat B | Aston Villa, Everton, Fulham, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Southampton, Sunderland
    Cat C | Reading*, Stoke City*, Swansea City*, West Bromwich Albion*, Wigan Athletic*

Park Lane lower: A = £48, B = £37, C = £32
    Park Lane upper: A = £54, B = £41, C = £37

You have to wonder how much them prices will go up once the new stadium is built!

• Options

Because they'll keep charging you more and more.
    It doesn't make people stupid, it is people's passion and love following there team up and down the country it is just Arsenal are taking advantage of that! I think people who spend over £3 a pint in a pub are silly but If it is what you enjoy doing you will pay the price.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Cat A | Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, West Ham United
    Cat B | Aston Villa, Everton, Fulham, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Southampton, Sunderland
    Cat C | Reading*, Stoke City*, Swansea City*, West Bromwich Albion*, Wigan Athletic*

You have to wonder how much them prices will go up once the new stadium is built!

JohnBoy.....do you know how many season ticket holders you have? (wondering how may tickets are on general sale for Spurs supporters?)
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

JohnBoy.....do you know how many season ticket holders you have? (wondering how may tickets are on general sale for Spurs supporters?)

Generally between 2,500-3,000 tickets go on sale to the members list...then if there are any left they go on general sale.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Strange that Fulham are a Cat B! Disgusting prices as well. I remember being outraged at paying £27 for a Park Upper ticket!
  • Options
    Well thats Daniel Levy for you. Where there's money to be made, he normally makes it.