Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£62 a Ticket - Arsenal v Man City This Weekend

13»

Comments

• Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8of3UMYIJA

Haha good bloke!
    (This link will only work from iphone/pad.)
  • Options
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-marouane-chamakh-acted-as-samir-nasris-bodyguard-as-arsenal-fans-pelted-them-with-abuse/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Check out this vid of Nasri getting pelters from bully boy gooners whilst walking to the emaerlads yesterday!! Its quite funny but bad at the same time!!
  • Options
    makes you proud to be a football fan ....
  • Options
    MCS said:

Check out this vid of Nasri getting pelters from bully boy gooners whilst walking to the emaerlads yesterday!! Its quite funny but bad at the same time!!

should rename it the Hemorrhoids Stadium since you can't afford to sit down

• Options
    I'm surprised by the amount of people on here who think that £40 and upwards is reasonable value for money for watching a Premier League game - personally, I think that anyone charging over £30 for anything other than a cup final or semi-final is seriously taking the piss. Just because we're used to it now doesn't make it anymore acceptable. The only thing I can think of that's gone up in price as much as football tickets over the last 25 years is train fares, and nobody disagrees that that's an effing disgrace.

Some of these clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea need to be very careful - as long as they're doing well enough to keep filling their grounds with tourists and glory hunters it won't be a problem, but as soon as they start dropping down the table for a couple of years on the spin I reckon the tourists will lose interest and they'll find that they've alientated the sort of people who would have stuck with them through thick and thin if the ticket prices had been a bit fairer.
  • Options
    Arsenal did point out that 13 of the 19 clubs charge the Arsenal fans more than Arsenal charge them.
  • Options
    I think it was Jan Molby on 5live over the weekend saying that just over 25 years ago the average price of a top flight ticket (most likely standing though, I imagine he was referring to cheapest tickets for a given game) was £4, and accounting for inflation that translates to £8 today. You can't even watch Welling for £8, so something has seriously gone wrong somewhere when non-league sides are charging more than the best teams in the country were.

I remember going to see Bronby play around 10-11 years ago. Prices at the Valley were around £20 behind the goal for premiership football, we paid £8 to stand behind the goal at Bronby, who were top of the league and playing the team in 2nd. Plus we could stand there with a beer and some decent food, all of it reasonably prices (well reasonably prices for Copenhagen, it's an expensive city).
  • Options
    Big "Debate" on TalkSport this evening, with Danny Kelly & Ray Houghton.
    Many people phoning in moaning, but nothing being done, So, how about.................

On a certain Saturday next season (be it the 1st, 2nd or whatever) NO football supporter buy ANY tickets to see their side away. Yes, I know people like Seb and others may not have missed a game for xx years, (I had an "Away Season-ticket" with Charlton for 5 years), but I think IF there were NO AWAY Supporters at any game in the 4 divisions (and maybe the Conference) I think the players and directors may notice.
    Okay, its just an idea (very bored today) but Just Maybe it might get some heads together to at least discuss a Maximum price for All Supporters ?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    £62 quid a ticket ... oh the irony.......

Got to the Valley on Saturday to find the missus had brought ...... last years season tickets along , and we couldn't get in!
    had to rebuy our seats (£72 Quid) which was a lot lot dearer than if we'd not gone down the season ticket route( will hopefully get them refunded if we take the ticket stubs back!)

Its true what they say... be careful what you wish for! :-0
  • Options
    Logically, I would find it hard to justify £62 for a game of football. I like live music, now if I buy a ticket for a band I like I am pretty sure I'm going to have a good time. Not so with watching sport - you could pay £62 for a drab 0-0 draw or to watch Charlton get stuffed 6-0 - that's not fun. You don't know what you're going to get with sport, despite the massive build-up Sky give to certain games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big "Debate" on TalkSport this evening, with Danny Kelly & Ray Houghton.
    Many people phoning in moaning, but nothing being done, So, how about.................

On a certain Saturday next season (be it the 1st, 2nd or whatever) NO football supporter buy ANY tickets to see their side away. Yes, I know people like Seb and others may not have missed a game for xx years, (I had an "Away Season-ticket" with Charlton for 5 years), but I think IF there were NO AWAY Supporters at any game in the 4 divisions (and maybe the Conference) I think the players and directors may notice.
    Okay, its just an idea (very bored today) but Just Maybe it might get some heads together to at least discuss a Maximum price for All Supporters ?

It's not going to happen is it ?
    You need a slightly better idea.
  • Options
    MCS said:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-marouane-chamakh-acted-as-samir-nasris-bodyguard-as-arsenal-fans-pelted-them-with-abuse/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That really does show how stupid people are, they think it's ok to call someone a wanker in the street but yet have a go when his mate, politely tells them to stop.

• Options

MCS said:

That really does show how stupid people are, they think it's ok to call someone a wanker in the street but yet have a go when his mate, politely tells them to stop.

And they then post their stupidity on the Internet for all to see. Crazy.
  • Options
    I see the official who told Lescott to go see the fans has been dropped by the FA for this weeks FA cup game as a punishment!

Ludicrous!
  • Options

I see the official who told Lescott to go see the fans has been dropped by the FA for this weeks FA cup game as a punishment!

Ludicrous!

Absolutely ridiculous, he said it in the right spirit
  • Options

Ludicrous!

Really? Bloody hell. You got a link?
  • Options
    Well I never.

Thanks for the link Callum.