Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gordon Taylor deluded

Comments

• Options
    And they are all ugly.
  • Options
    ugly, can't play and on 18 grand a year ! ... nice work if you can get it .. The thing is how much is (talking of overpaid & ugly) the onmipresent Clare Balding on ? .. I am surprised she isn't in the England Women's Football squad as she seems to be involved with most other things sporting and 'entertaining'
  • Options
    I think Clare Balding is one of the better presenters. She knows what she's talking about across a range of sports.
  • Options

I think Clare Balding is one of the better presenters. She knows what she's talking about across a range of sports.

She does, and so do a lot of presenters, in fact most of them. I just cannot abide her arrogance, smugness and false earnestness .
  • Options
    but I digress from Gordon Taylor and his delusions !!
  • Options
    I think Taylor is absolutely right.
  • Options

She does, and so do a lot of presenters, in fact most of them. I just cannot abide her arrogance, smugness and false earnestness .
    Know her personally then Lincs? Because the three traits you've just described her as possessing couldn't be further from the truth - from the four people I know who have been friends with her for years.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Know her personally then Lincs? Because the three traits you've just described her as possessing couldn't be further from the truth - from the four people I know who have been friends with her for years.
    I have met her yes .. and Leroy, we all have our opinions .. me, you, everyone OK ?
  • Options
    I like her. Has she been a wouldya?
  • Options

I think Taylor is absolutely right.

You think that a squad of (say) 22 should be on a retainer of more than £18,000 a year each Beds ? .. With travel, coaches/managers salaries, you are talking probably in excess of 1/2 million a season from FA funds, and that is my conservative estimate. To my mind such a sum would be better spent on developing the game for girls through schools and junior clubs which I thought was a remit of the FA anyway. There is too much emphasis on protecting 'elite' players and sportspeople. They have life too easy. Whatever happened to good old struggling to get to the top ?
    To take that a step further. The academy life for young players in this country breeds a soft player. The graduates are not able to compete in physical and mental toughness with a boy/young man from the tough streets of (e.g.) Buenos Aires, Marseilles or Casablanca. That is why with every passing year our top clubs look to overseas for players and so few young Brits make it to the very top of the footballing tree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a load of old bollocks the end of your post is. The 'mean streets' of Croydon, Salford, Huyton and Birmingham are just as grim as anything in the cities you've just named. The reason this country isn't successful is because this country demands three attributes from an academy footballer - pace, power and stamina. Skill, passing ability and touch rate way down the ladder. That isn't an 'opinion', btw - it's a fact.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I think GT s right. Women shouldnt be paid 18k to play football.
    In fact they shouldnt be playing football at all.
    They should stick to what they are best at
    Ironing, washing and poor standards of driving.

Hang on a minute !!! .. 'GT' is saying that the ladies are worth MORE than £18,000 a year.
  • Options

What a load of old bollocks the end of your post is. The 'mean streets' of Croydon, Salford, Huyton and Birmingham are just as grim as anything in the cities you've just named. The reason this country isn't successful is because this country demands three attributes from an academy footballer - pace, power and stamina. Skill, passing ability and touch rate way down the ladder. That isn't an 'opinion', btw - it's a fact.

I stand by what I wrote .. fact
  • Options

I think GT s right. Women shouldnt be paid 18k to play football.
    In fact they shouldnt be playing football at all.
    They should stick to what they are best at
    Ironing, washing and poor standards of driving.

Hang on a minute !!! .. 'GT' is saying that the ladies are worth MORE than £18,000 a year.
    Whoosh :-)
  • Options
    The FA should be spending money on getting more attractive young girls in to football. Audiences will quickly improve and they can then pay these pretty girls more money if that's what they want. Plus boob jobs etc as bonuses.
  • Options
    Try telling the young Charlton academy player who was stabbed at a bus stop that he is growing up in a soft area. One reason Paul Hart is hoping we can pay for another academy vehicle.

Funny that Lincs constantly moans about how rough Bromley was (lol)so he had to leave but when it suits him our kids are soft.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Try telling the young Charlton academy player who was stabbed at a bus stop that he is growing up in a soft area. One reason Paul Hart is hoping we can pay for another academy vehicle.

Funny that Lincs constantly moans about how rough Bromley was (lol)so he had to leave but when it suits him our kids are soft.

Ahhh the bloodsucker arises from his coffin .. A recent biography of Bram Stoker brought to light the inspiration for Dracula .. yes .. it was none other than ... wait .. for it .. Bram's good friend Henry Irving .. though nowadays our Henry is more vulture than killer (lol) .. Your ability to conjour up fictions is remarkable Henry, tedious but interesting: smile please :-)
  • Options
    'Conjure'. If you're going to use impressive-sounding words, learn how to spell them, chief.
  • Options

If womens' football was attracting 20k+ crowds a week or bringing in billions in advertising, sponsorship and tv revenue and players were only being offered 18k of that then he would have a point in comparing it to the men's top flight.

But it's not and economically it is similar to a professional pub singers' union demanding similar pay to what Mariah Carey takes home.

Not the best analogy...LOL
  • Options
    Read the whole thread now. Some of you are straight out of the pages of Viz, either that or from the 1930s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this a bad news day ?
  • Options
    I have never read viz and i am not from the 1930s but i cant see how women footballers could merit any more (given their sports commercial appeal and their relative ability)
  • Options
    Similar gates to Welling

Similar wages to Welling

Similar hours to Welling

A lot worse standard than Welling

I dont see what they have got to moan about?
  • Options
    Lincs in switch to insult mode and ignore the huge holes that have been ripped in his twisted, nasty rants shock.

No response to the stabbed player point of course.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Women's football is the work of the devil and should not be encouraged!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Women's beach volleyball on the other hand...

• Options
    Rizzo said:

BIG_ROB said:

Women's beach volleyball on the other hand...

18k a day!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    As an enlightened man of experience with a worldly knowledge wrestled from the hard unforgiving granite of life, death, love, hate and all the disappointments and joys that that brings in unequal measure, why don't these young flibbity jibbitts just play topless, or in naughty night time attire? fnnarr! It would be a win win situation, huge boners for the men in attendance and less washing and ironing for the cup cakes, freeing up time for them to be more attentive to the needs of their better halves waiting at home for a steak n kidney pie supper and a blow job in front of Match of the Day, PROPER football !

Well that's as deluded an opinion as Gordon Taylors on the matter.
  • Options

Similar gates to Welling

Similar wages to Welling

Similar hours to Welling

A lot worse standard than Welling

I dont see what they have got to moan about?

Pretty much agree with that, although I would add that whatever the standard, they are representing their country in major international tournaments, maybe that warrants a little more compensation. Do the FA take a cut of any tv contracts from a world cup or euro championship that the women's team are involved in?