Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

southeastern train problems

Comments

• Options
    I aint even bothering with a train tonight .
  • Options
    Sister has just been kicked off at Lee station, no more trains down Sidcup line apparently.

Does anyone know if she can get a bus from there to Dartford?
  • Options
    Wife is on Sidcup train from Cannon Street and just phoned. No announcement but after Lewisham train is re-routed to Blackheath!
  • Options
    Shag said:

How you getting home then?

• Options
    Wilma said:

Sister has just been kicked off at Lee station, no more trains down Sidcup line apparently.

No. 229 to Bexleyheath then another bus from there.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Wilma said:

No. 229 to Bexleyheath then another bus from there.

Thank you! Will pass that on.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Shag said:

How you getting home then?

Get a coach from the wharf innit . You can smoke at the back as well
  • Options
    the special your route checker thing is broke now
  • Options
    How's the Elmstead Woods line doing back to sweet BR7??
  • Options
    had enough and left work got in fine via CX and 89 bus

Buses seem to be ok on main routes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How's the Elmstead Woods line doing back to sweet BR7??

This... I must know you
  • Options
    8.20 to Cannon Street every morning
    17.19 back
  • Options
    Just got back to New Eltham (3.05) after leaving CX at 1.20. Suggest the Eltham line rather than Sidcup. Daughter was on one train which failed to pick up current and had to be shunted by the one behind. Trains beginning to stack up on all lines due to weather conditions.
    Roads and buses seem to be OK.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Need to be at work at Tottenham Court Road by 6pm, live just off Elmstead Lane, any suggestions/should I bother? Trains appear to be up the creek, and I don't feel like getting stranded in Central London at midnight tonight. Thinking I might have to get a bus to Catford, then another to Lewisham, and a third to Trafalgar Square and walk?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Need to be at work at Tottenham Court Road by 6pm, live just off Elmstead Lane, any suggestions/should I bother? Trains appear to be up the creek, and I don't feel like getting stranded in Central London at midnight tonight. Thinking I might have to get a bus to Catford, then another to Lewisham, and a third to Trafalgar Square and walk?

Skies & pack of huskies.............sorry couldn't resist it. Buses prob best bet.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Surely getting back home will be more of an issue?

• Options
    my friend got kicked off at Hither Green and rang me for bus tips to get to Sidcup. She's safely on a 273 to chislehurst and then a 269 to Sidcup.

My parents are at New Eltham and a train has taken 2 hours to get that far on its way to London. They're getting a bus to Eltham to try that line.

I'm off to the V&A Hollywood Costume exhibition and then getting a cab home via the chinese I think.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Just out interest Sam, how old are you?
  • Options

my friend got kicked off at Hither Green and rang me for bus tips to get to Sidcup. She's safely on a 273 to chislehurst and then a 269 to Sidcup.

My parents are at New Eltham and a train has taken 2 hours to get that far on its way to London. They're getting a bus to Eltham to try that line.

I'm off to the V&A Hollywood Costume exhibition and then getting a cab home via the chinese I think.

You getting a Rickshaw then?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Get a 161 to North Greenwich and get Jubilee line. Tubes are running fine.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I've got to get the sidcup line later into London. Where did they get on that took two hours to get to new eltham?

• Options
    Paris
  • Options
    Riviera said:

sam3110 said:

Just out interest Sam, how old are you?
    22 mate, tfl keep telling me all is well, national rail says everything is delayed, southeastern say cancelled, so I thought buses are the best bet. Getting home is an altogether different kettle of fish, but on the plus side it is the one night bus if I wait until 1am...
  • Options
    Nowt in Wainscott (posh end of Medway). Usually rely on it to make the place look nice for a day or two. I feel cheated!
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited January 2013
    If you can use Highspeed, in other words get to St. Pancras it looks like Southeastern now accepting cattle wagon tickets on the line.
  • Options
    BDL said:

If you can use Highspeed, in other words get to St. Pancras it looks like Southeastern now accepting cattle wagon tickets on the line.

Worth it just for the journey, eh BDL?
  • Options
    Slight delay but my train is flying home now. Lovely.
  • Options

I've got to get the sidcup line later into London. Where did they get on that took two hours to get to new eltham?

Sorry, a train pulled in to new eltham, and a bloke got off and said he'd been on the train for 2 hours. I assume Gillingham, but could have come from Dartford I suppose or Strood. My parents didn't get on as it was due to sit there for ages as the lines were frozen.

They're now on a 30 minute late train from eltham to cannon street....fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Just got back to New Eltham (3.05) after leaving CX at 1.20. Suggest the Eltham line rather than Sidcup. Daughter was on one train which failed to pick up current and had to be shunted by the one behind. Trains beginning to stack up on all lines due to weather conditions.
    Roads and buses seem to be OK.
    Good luck.

I was on that one (that your daughter was on) . Great fun!
    Leaves W/loo East @ 12:29 - arrives New Eltham @ 3:05

Needless to say I'll be putting in for a refund!
  • Options

BDL said:

Worth it just for the journey, eh BDL?
    Very nice journey indeed.