Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

southeastern train problems

124»

Comments

• Options

BDL said:

If you can use Highspeed, in other words get to St. Pancras it looks like Southeastern now accepting cattle wagon tickets on the line.

Worth it just for the journey, eh BDL?
    Very nice journey indeed.

Been a right pain since they took out my usual train, have to stand most mornings. So much for a premium service!

Have to say that if I didn't work in the North of London I wouldn't use it. Getting too pricy now.

• Options
    So far 30 min delay at cannon st bexleyheath line
  • Options
    Haven't left work yet, don't use Southeastern.

Just thought I'd let you all know that.
  • Options
    Just got to London bridge and on a train (not delayed) to Dartford on the Greenwich line. Surprised.
  • Options
    Daughter & family off to London to see "Matilda". Picked up the kids early from school at 2pm ( Dr's appts of course !) and when their Mum arrived home from work circa 2.45, dropped them at Bexley station....to find a train there hadn't moved in an hour or so. Advised to go to Bexleyheath or Welling so after 45mins in slow school traffic, dropped them off at the latter.

Just received a text saying they'd arrived at hubby's office in Covent Garden , 3 trains later. Not bad considering...
  • Options

Robert said:

On a train that has taken 90 minutes from waterloo east to mottingham...going nowhere....the driver has decided to not tell us whats going on...

I'm playing the "wait til later and hope it dies down a bit" option
    WSS said:

Just got to London bridge and on a train (not delayed) to Dartford on the Greenwich line. Surprised.

Happy days.
  • Options
    LDN bridge to elmstead woods, no delays and straight through
  • Options
    Got the 13.56 Sidcup line from Charing X and got caught up in the fiasco, stuck between Hither Green and Lee. Train eventually got taken back to Hither Green when, after sitting there for 30 minutes, they decided to run it fast to Dartford!

A friend of my sister's has been stuck on a train at Bickley for 5 1/2 hours ...
  • Options
    Shag said:

I aint even bothering with a train tonight .

Pogoing home?

• Options
    Riviera said:

sam3110 said:

Need to be at work at Tottenham Court Road by 6pm, live just off Elmstead Lane, any suggestions/should I bother? Trains appear to be up the creek, and I don't feel like getting stranded in Central London at midnight tonight. Thinking I might have to get a bus to Catford, then another to Lewisham, and a third to Trafalgar Square and walk?

Get a 161 to North Greenwich and get Jubilee line. Tubes are running fine.

Tube not on strike ?
    ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    F-Blocker said:

Just got back to New Eltham (3.05) after leaving CX at 1.20. Suggest the Eltham line rather than Sidcup. Daughter was on one train which failed to pick up current and had to be shunted by the one behind. Trains beginning to stack up on all lines due to weather conditions.
    Roads and buses seem to be OK.
    Good luck.

I was on that one (that your daughter was on) . Great fun!
    Leaves W/loo East @ 12:29 - arrives New Eltham @ 3:05

Needless to say I'll be putting in for a refund!
    Resurrecting an old thread, but it's worth it:

As I said I would at the time, I put in my "Delay Repay" claim on the SouthEastern website. After a chaser email last week, I am now the proud owner(?) of a refund voucher for the return journey & £20 in M&S vouchers because the delay was over 2hrs.

So...occasionally SouthEastern DO get things right (or at least the "fixing" part of it).

Remember: If you're delayed by more than 30mins you're entitled to a part refund (there's a % scale according to the length of delay).

southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/delay-repay/
  • Options
    Cheers F-Blocker I'll pass that on to her.
  • Options
    Are they doing engineering work on the Charlton line over the Easter weekend? (East Saturday specifically).
  • Options
    Cheers m_a_m.
  • Options
    Hearing that the Greenwich line is closed on Saturday? Anyone else heard this?

3,500 Leeds fans coming down and they close the line? Well Done SouthEastern!!!
  • Options

Hearing that the Greenwich line is closed on Saturday? Anyone else heard this?

3,500 Leeds fans coming down and they close the line? Well Done SouthEastern!!!

It's true yes
  • Options
    Just looked it up, as any true spotter would.

This is what its saying:

The following changes will apply:

Buses replace trains between New Cross and Charlton, calling at Deptford and then all stations to / from Charlton
    Trains between London Cannon Street and Barnehurst via Greenwich will not run
    Trains between London Cannon Street and London Cannon Street via Greenwich and Sidcup will not run
    Trains between London Cannon Street and Slade Green via Bexleyheath will be diverted to call at all stations between Charlton and Dartford
    Trains between London Cannon Street / London Charing Cross and Dartford via Greenwich are diverted to call additionally at New Cross, St Johns, Lewisham and Blackheath and not calling at stations between Deptford and Westcombe Park