Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The minutes applause....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great initiative by the club, condolences to those who have lost loved ones in the last year, my Dads name was up there last year having just passed away.

As I now sit in dads seat at the Valley it's a constant reminder to me of our time together following Charlton, I'm glad I'm carrying on the tradition with my lads.
  • Options
    i lost my gran in 2012 and I put her name on the list ...she always had a massive influence on me and loved hearing about how charlton were getting on - she used to pay for a lot of my away games when I was a kid, was definately more like a mum to me than a gran.

if anyone has a photo of the screen with the name "marjorie webster" on it can you pm me so i can give you my email address ...thanks, would be much appreciated
  • Options
    Was not present yesterday but as i am one of the old school always stand in silence no matter what.On this coming wednesday will seek out of work and have my minutes silence for Colin Cameron.
    RIP
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The names were in the programme which I think is a good addition to the day and may interest those with a direct interest connection to yesterday's commemoration.

There could well still be programmes available.

My Dad died in 2009 so was remembered in 2010 but the names weren't in the programme back then.
  • Options
    Agree Len - I think that is a nice touch as it gives a more permanent commemoration, as well as the names on the screen at the time.
  • Options
    As well as feeling sad it makes me feel proud to be associated with cafc
    Gives u a minute to think doesn't it?

Rip everyone
  • Options
    My Grandad died on Friday, so for me personally it was very emotional and a way of saying goodbye. It was a shame that it was too late to have his name up on the big screen.-Maybe next year.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Greg, my condolences.

Sure you can add his name next year.
  • Options

Sorry to hear that Greg, my condolences.

Sure you can add his name next year.

Thanks Henry.
  • Options
    i think a minutes applause shows more reverance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great tribute and it's nice that we include the away club in this, I also think the applause is better at a sporting event rather than silence, as mentioned above, keep that for 11/11
  • Options
    Didn't know any of the names personally, but this always gets me a little moist-eyed - even remembered to take off my beanie hat and expose my bald head to the freezing cold out of respect. Again, nice touch to include Blackpool and any gestures that have the away fans applauding too always get me a bit - I've developed a bit of an affinity for Hartlepool after the way they applauded CP and then the team's lap of honour last season.
  • Options
    great tribute and I think applause is appropriate. Makes it more poignent when you know a couple of the names up there. May they all RIP.
  • Options

Lump in my throat when my sisters name came up.

I did not know you're sister had passed away Adam but I have just looked back and found the thread. I am very sorry to hear this, awful for you and your family. RIP Tammy.

• Options
    edited January 2013

I hope this works.

A pdf of the names from the programme. Sorry that my work scanner only does black and white or rather if it does do colour I don't know how!

As I said above hopefully there are still programmes available.

Sorry about your grandfather Stubley.
  • Options
    A friend of mine is on the list and I would like to send a programme to his wife and brother in Australia. Does the CAFC shop sell programmes for past matches?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

A friend of mine is on the list and I would like to send a programme to his wife and brother in Australia. Does the CAFC shop sell programmes for past matches?

the nike/cafc shop don't sell programmes anymore but the club sell em somewhere i think the commercial offices but i'm guessing there
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

if you can't get one then PM me and you can have mine, as long as my daughter hasn't destroyed it by the time I get home later!.

• Options
    The video of the screen and everything else should be online midweek.
  • Options
    @Solidgone programme is intact and is yours if you want it, happy to post
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

They had several old programmes at the Valley Gold window on Saturday.
  • Options
    You can buy Saturday's programme here

Other programmes from this season here.

• Options
    Elthanaddicks - thanks for the offer and I'll keep it in mind.
  • Options
    As an old'un I was thinking about when my name goes up there, nice thought really although not too soon I hope. Shooters Hill Guru has made me realise that once you have gone, the list will always remind your family anf friends of you in years to come. Lovely thing from a special Club.