Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

Trying to defend his player Jay Rodriguez after his quite ridiculous dive won a penalty at Villa.

"It is not a dive from Jay Rodriguez, there was no contact, but if the player had not moved his leg away, there would have been contact."

Sometimes Nigel, it's perhaps better to say nothing at all.

Comments

• Options
    For once Wenger's line of "I didn't see it" might have been wiser to use.
  • Options
    I gave it a 5 for style. More like a belly flop than a dive. And it just goes to show you how deluded some of these players are when they say they did not dive when TV clearly shows daylight between defender and attackers boots. Hold your head in shame J Rodders!
  • Options
    To be fair I don't think it was a dive as such. My interpretation is that the player anticipated the contact which never came and took evasive action. Not a penalty of course but I just don't think it was a true dive either.
  • Options
    If there was ever a 'good dive' then this was it. Looked realistic, not surprised the ref was fooled.
  • Options
    I agree with Shooters ..... it seemed that he simply lost balance.

Unfair on Villa that they should have had a match winning penalty awarded against them.
    As they say, ref should have gone to SpecSavers.
  • Options

To be fair I don't think it was a dive as such. My interpretation is that the player anticipated the contact which never came and took evasive action. Not a penalty of course but I just don't think it was a true dive either.

This.

Players do protect themselves as if they stood ground they're opening up to the risk of a serious injury...
  • Options
    I normally like Adkins, but I think he let himself down with those comments. After denying it was a dive he then went on to talk about "these things evening themselves up" - that old cliche!

Sometimes people just fall over. But this was a dive.
  • Options
    Everyone on MOTD called it a pen before they saw replays. This kind of rubbish should be investigated every weekend and three match bans handed out... undermines referees who sometimes end up booking players for diving when there was contact. Managers will either see nothing or defend their players so it's up to the game to sort it out. Adkins is obviously delighted to beat a relegation rival away from home but it's obviously either a slip, contact or a dive... and it didn't look like a dive to me
  • Options
    Hope that somehow we play them next season for Nolan vs Adkins round 2
  • Options
    BDL said:

Hope that somehow we play them next season for Nolan vs Adkins round 2

Can you expand please BDL and a question :-) why was your beanie v Derby in their colours?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kevin argued the toss with Adkins over an incident when we played them at the Valley last. Adkins came in and tried to lecture everybody, Kevin wasn't having it.

When Adkins got up, he asked Kevin who he was and which paper he represented.

It was quite a battle of wills! As for the beanie, I bought it in the Charlton club shop.
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up and for the bet I've just won with my mate to be the first to get you to answer a question in 2013 :-)
  • Options
    I want half :-)
  • Options
    What's a "beanie" ?
  • Options
    You can flick it mog

Or put it on your head
  • Options
    *Sounds Interesting...........*
  • Options
    His team just fought back from 2-0 down at Chelsea to get a point .. S'Hampton are on the up
  • Options
    Torres booed as he replaced Frank. Classy fans....
  • Options
    Quite like him, better than all those dour Scots (Lambert/Coyle etc). Good Luck to them, except for the fact they're scummers.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Torres booed as he replaced Frank. Classy fans....

more a sign of 'love' for Frank than 'hate' for Torres methinks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever way you look at it, Boos only belong at pantomime.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Riviera said:

agreed .. look out behind you !!
  • Options
    They booed him off the other day when ba came on as well. Seems mal-productive given he is clearly a confidence player
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Riviera said:

oh no they don't
  • Options
    Riviera said:

What about when we get a crap ref nearly every week then? They're the ones who should be in a pantomime.
  • Options
    You boo if you want. If you heard how pathetic it sounds at football you wouldn't.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

You boo if you want. If you heard how pathetic it sounds at football you wouldn't.

Condescending reply...........boo!
  • Options
    Sacked just now. Nicola Cortese is a clueless moron...
  • Options
    Doesn't speak English apparently. What a joke. I really wanted So'ton to do well this year and enjoyed watching their recent success. Football is a sorry business.
  • Options
    Red_Raver said:

Sacked just now. Nicola Cortese is a clueless moron...

Crazy decision,just as they start to gain momemtum aswell.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!