Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford - possible points deduction

Not sure if anyone is following this; I only saw it in yesterday's Sun;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4740801/Danny-Graham-Watford-in-the-dock.html

I'd copy and paste the whole article but I'm on my phone; looks as though the old director has been charged with Misconduct and the league are exploring the options of a points deduction for Watford.

Can't see it happening to be honest, but it's being spoken about as though it's a very serious threat.

Must say, it couldn't happen to a nicer team... ;)

Comments

• Options
    The bar was set with West Ham case relating to player third party ownership. No points off, but substantially fined. Different case though.
  • Options
    They should be fined points for their terrible stadium and failure to serve beer at half time
  • Options
    se9addick said:

They should be fined points for their terrible stadium and failure to serve beer at half time

Good call Se9. Also, they should be fined for the ridiculously large dug out instead of a stand on that side of the stadium.
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

The bar was set with West Ham case relating to player third party ownership. No points off, but substantially fined. Different case though.

Different rules for Wet Spam though. They won the World Cup doncha know.

• Options
    It will be like with QPR...they'll wait to see where we are in the league then give the punishment.

Feel a bit sorry for the Pozzos and Zola if their good work so far this season goes to waste thanks to a previous owner who the Football League let come into the club but then rules and rules.

• Options

se9addick said:

Good call Se9. Also, they should be fined for the ridiculously large dug out instead of a stand on that side of the stadium.
    Well I too would love to see a new stand..then I'd be able to have a better seat and we would have not wasted millions on the likes of Ellington and Kabba..

:(

• Options

It will be like with QPR...they'll wait to see where we are in the league then give the punishment.

Feel a bit sorry for the Pozzos and Zola if their good work so far this season goes to waste thanks to a previous owner who the Football League let come into the club but then rules and rules.

When they go before the FA they can all fall over just as they get there. Karma for a cheating football club.
  • Options
    Zero sympathy. I would be embarrassed to support a team that plays the way they do.
  • Options

Zero sympathy. I would be embarrassed to support a team that plays the way they do.

Agreed, a very deserving case for a points deduction plus they upset our Solly as well.

• Options
    I just hope that UEFA/FIFA/the FA/whoever is in charge sorts out the ridiculous ruling that you're allowed as many overseas players on loan as you like.

How can it be right that you can have an entire team of loan players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013

Maybe true regarding cetain players (some of whom did't play on Saturday it has to be said!)

I am sure you wouldn't mind scoring the most goals away from home in the football league playing some good attacking football either..

;)

• Options

Maybe true regarding cetain players (some of whom did't play on Saturday it has to be said!)

I am sure you wouldn't mind scoring the most goals away from home in the football league playing some good attacking football either..

;)

Would genuinely rather lose every game than have to have borrowed those horrible cheating w*nkers. It's not even your team, and I hope you don't go up. Farcical outfit.
  • Options

;)

I'd rather be in mid table obscurity than support a bunch of diving cheats
  • Options

;)

Would genuinely rather lose every game than have to have borrowed those horrible cheating w*nkers. It's not even your team, and I hope you don't go up. Farcical outfit.
    I hope they do and get a pasting every week.
  • Options
    Still bitter..nevermind!
    J BLOCK said:

;)

You think we do that EVERY game though...its not a criticisim we usually get.

Yes stuff about the number of loans etc and the usual bit of time wasting etc but nothing about everyone in our team being divers.

• Options
    Have to say you seem like a genuine bloke on here so fair play but never in my life have I seen a non-top league team conduct themselves like that in 180 minutes. The full extreme from diving, rolling over into a heap after a light shove, half a dozen rolls after a fair tackle to haranguing the referee, taking cheap shots in the box and for aerial balls... and the time wasting in the home game... my life

Zola has gone from probably pound for pound my favourite foreign export into the PL to just another manager.
  • Options
    I so wish fans everywhere could see the video put together by our performance analyst before the Watford game. A compilation of all their diving and cheating from the season so far. It was absolutely farcical. First you're laughing at it but then you're angry because you remember...hey...this is out and out cheating. And it wasn't even done as a joke it was done as a genuine warning to our players of the kind of underhand tactics they like to employ. The fact that it has become part of clubs' preparations and analysis shows that they've got a massive problem. And if you're a Watford fan that disagrees then you're blinkered.
  • Options
    Well yes that was Neuton and the FF guy who didn't play on Saturday so maybe why we didn't get criticised this week..I'd accept they were naughty.
  • Options

I so wish fans everywhere could see the video put together by our performance analyst before the Watford game. A compilation of all their diving and cheating from the season so far. It was absolutely farcical. First you're laughing at it but then you're angry because you remember...hey...this is out and out cheating. And it wasn't even done as a joke it was done as a genuine warning to our players of the kind of underhand tactics they like to employ. The fact that it has become part of clubs' preparations and analysis shows that they've got a massive problem. And if you're a Watford fan that disagrees then you're blinkered.

Someone must be able to get their hands on a copy., surely? I'd like to see that.
  • Options
    The bottom line is this. If every team behaved like Watford then football would be finished. Zola should be ashamed. Seriously ashamed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watford's dressing room tactics board
  • Options
    Actually the home page (top) is starting to look distinctly Italian !
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ok guys..maybe the other 23 clubs haven't been bothered to complain about it as much or if we've beaten them worried about their own side as such but whilst I am not saying we've not done it no-one else has picked up on it.

Against Brighton for example we must have been pretty clean as any cheating wasn't commented on by the commentators who i am sure would have said so straight away..

Admit again this was another game we didn't play our worse diver or the number 5 who fell over when Fuller pushed him....

Maybe its the odd few which every team has rather than all 11...Vydra/Abdi/Nosworthy/Doyley/Hogg/Esutace etc certainly aren't divers....

I suppose maybe if teams are busy watching action of foul play it explains the ability to counter attack well which is our main tactic and ability...

Stu_of_Kunming - Wasn't that about ONE player rather than a whole team though?

• Options

Still bitter..nevermind!

J BLOCK said:

;)

You think we do that EVERY game though...its not a criticisim we usually get.

Yes stuff about the number of loans etc and the usual bit of time wasting etc but nothing about everyone in our team being divers.

I can't think of another occasion where an oppo fan has signed up to our forum to warn us we are about to play a bunch of diving, cheating c****.

Enjoy your stay in la la land.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Someone must be able to get their hands on a copy., surely? I'd like to see that.
    Send it to the FA !!!

They'll DEFINITELY take some action......not !

• Options
    The authorities would much rather fine them a few million pounds, which they will, no doubt, do if they are promoted to the Premier League. If they fail to get promoted a c. £5.5m fine, which is what West Ham received, would probably put them into administration and possibly leave the club bust so in that event I suspect it will be a points deduction.

Watford will, in the end, go along with that as they get the best of both worlds, just like the FA/FL. If someone offered us promotion for £5.5m we'd rip their hands off, and if we were offered ten points of a £5.5m fine (as we don't have £5.5m) we'd take the points deduction.

It's simple yet disgusting!
  • Options
    If you have a couple of players who are diving cheats and everybody else is ok - why play the cheats? By playing them, Watford are fair game to be criticised. Zola should at least have a word with those players and threaten not to play them if they don't tone it down. Maybe the owners wouldn't like it.
  • Options

If you have a couple of players who are diving cheats and everybody else is ok - why play the cheats? By playing them, Watford are fair game to be criticised. Zola should at least have a word with those players and threaten not to play them if they don't tone it down. Maybe the owners wouldn't like it.

If you mean Neuton...he doesn't play very much at all really unless we have at least 2 players injured like Hall/Nosworthy or Doyley.

Quite frankly he was part of the reason we lost against you guys so not many rate him anyway as a defender and and certainly the other guy in Forestieri is known for going down easily like a lot of quick wingers...unfortunatley.

Certainly not saying we weren't rather naughty against you guys and as pointed out before we did field a team of all bar 3 non-british players so maybe the problem was always going to increase slightly.

• Options
    Super-horns is a good bloke, so I think some of the comments to him are unnecessary.
    However, it is true to say Forristieri & Neuton were outrageous at Vicarage Road & Forristieri also at The Valley.
    I don't recall the other players "at it", but they weren't entirely alone.
    I'm surprised by Watford & Zola in allowing it to continue, as I think they are like Charlton in some ways & are better than that. It's the kind of nonsense you'd expect from the morally bankrupt clubs like Chelsea.
    Mind you I do recall Nicky Bailey doing the same a couple of seasons ago & we didn't stop him.
  • Options
    Sounds like a case of fan blindness that we all suffer when one of our own "cheats" to get us points, especially when it is a fan favourite, i wont name any names for us as a few with the really strong blinders on would start an argument but we have a certain player who we all love who is not afraid to bend the rules when needed, especially a traditional were winning time wasting head injury, he tends to get. :)

It's part of his charm for me personally just like Waggy moaning.