Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Football Pundits

2»

Comments

• Options
    Matt Holland is very good actually.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Trevor Francis used to annoy me. He seemed to be watching a different game to the one he was commentating on. He'd always be saying "And you can see clearly from the replay that he got the ball" when I'm looking at footage that shows the player in question not being in the same postcode as the ball. Strange man!

What used to annoy me with him was when he was commentating a game that Chris Sutton was playing in. Used to pronounce it "sudden"

Don't know why but used to p*ss me off!
    And he always used to call Lee Bowyer, Lee Boyer.
  • Options
    Can't stand Neville's whining Manc voice. The false orgasmic UNBELIEVABLE when Torres scored for Chelsea in the Champs league semi was cringeworthy.
  • Options
    Quite like Neville, especially his analysis
  • Options
    Always rated Soundness, and most of the sky lot are quite good to be honest.

Mark Bright is the worst.
  • Options
    As far as co-commentators go, Alan Smith, Gary Neville and Don Goodman all do really decent jobs. Niall Quinn is awful and fairly biased towards one of his own teams if they are on. Chris Waddle on ESPN is fairly annoying too. Don't mind Jim Beglin on ITV, he used to do commentary for Irish national team and always found him quite good
  • Options
    Stone said:

Can't stand Neville's whining Manc voice. The false orgasmic UNBELIEVABLE when Torres scored for Chelsea in the Champs league semi was cringeworthy.

It sounded funny hearing it back but at the time everyone went mad, the pub I was in there were supporters of all clubs jumping up and down when he scored that, myself included.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Agree with what everyone says about Gary Neville. He's by far the best there has ever been.

I'd like to give Andy Townsend a slap, even though he did used to play for Welling United.

Never thought much of Jamie Redknapp. AFKAs not much of a fan of Jamie Redknapp this morning either, are you AFKA? ;)

Did hear right last night?
    Andy Townsend said "Carlton Cole was standing on the penalty spot, if he'd had cut it back he'd have had a shot on goal from six or seven yards"
  • Options

Agree about Tyldesley absolute bell end but for me the worst of the lot is Alan Shearer considering he played the game at the highest level he has absolutely nothing to say of any insight or interest. I remember the World Cup when Germany were playing Argentina and he was asked "Do you think that the young German team will be able to cope with Argentina's movement around the penalty box?" and his reply was "Well we're about to find out"

My then 13 year old grandson looked at me and said "Is that it? How much are they paying him? I could have sat there and said that" and he was right the man is an absolute waste of space.

That is classic Shearer. You should follow @shearerseyes on twitter pretty funny parody account.

Seriously though, I starting a petition to get his fat, smug, balding head off MOTD would be a good move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree about Tyldesley absolute bell end but for me the worst of the lot is Alan Shearer considering he played the game at the highest level he has absolutely nothing to say of any insight or interest. I remember the World Cup when Germany were playing Argentina and he was asked "Do you think that the young German team will be able to cope with Argentina's movement around the penalty box?" and his reply was "Well we're about to find out"

My then 13 year old grandson looked at me and said "Is that it? How much are they paying him? I could have sat there and said that" and he was right the man is an absolute waste of space.

That is classic Shearer. You should follow @shearerseyes on twitter pretty funny parody account.

Seriously though, I starting a petition to get his fat, smug, balding head off MOTD would be a good move.
    Correction: @howalanseesit