Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins (pg.12 - retires from football)

Comments

• Options

colthe3rd said:

I've always felt he was a bit overrated by some of our fans. Never thought he was crap or anything, a decent player but probably lower third of Champ quality than anything else. Not disappointed to see him go but would thank him for his efforts and wish him best of luck.

Yep. My view as well. Seen some decent performances. Some very average performances as well.

A good player but not an outstanding one.

You might get a proper mauling for that.

For the record, I, also, agree with you but I wouldn't have said it on here.
    You just did !!
  • Options
    Was very good in League 1, often struggled against pacey players in The Championship (Zaha springs to mind) and never looked the same player after injury. BUT a top professional and appeared to be a really good lad so I wish him all the very best for the future.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

colthe3rd said:

I've always felt he was a bit overrated by some of our fans. Never thought he was crap or anything, a decent player but probably lower third of Champ quality than anything else. Not disappointed to see him go but would thank him for his efforts and wish him best of luck.

Yep. My view as well. Seen some decent performances. Some very average performances as well.

A good player but not an outstanding one.

You might get a proper mauling for that.

For the record, I, also, agree with you but I wouldn't have said it on here.
    He shouldn't do. People are entitled to their opinions and I personally agree with this one too. One of my favourite players in the promotion season but has been a shadow of his former self over the past two years. He looked less confident in his defending and didn't foray into attacking positions anywhere near as much as he used to, either.

Certainly not glad to see him go but with his injury record and undeniable (and prolonged) dip in form, I can understand it.
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY GUTTED. My top favourite player of recent years.

Thank you Rhoys for your efforts over the past four years and wish you all the best. image
  • Options

Was very good in League 1, often struggled against pacey players in The Championship (Zaha springs to mind) and never looked the same player after injury. BUT a top professional and appeared to be a really good lad so I wish him all the very best for the future.

I keep reading that he wasn't the same after his injury against Palace but that was our fifth Championship game. Is it at all possible that he was just not able to shine as much at the higher level. The injuries clearly affected his progress but I'm not convinced that he ever established himself in the Championship.

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong but I'm not convinced he will be first choice at Wednesday either.
  • Options
    he was solid for the first 4 games.
  • Options
    According to GL he is rated after Fox and Bergdich, so could let him go
  • Options
    GL doesn't actually say anything of value in that clip. Just that we have Fox and Berdych (sp). Nothing about their relative strengths and why Rhoys is seen as behind Fox. Can only be his fitness record, because Rhoys is far and away the better player compared to Fox.
  • Options
    I said it at the end of last season that Rhoys would be sold because of his injury record... If we were getting a full season out of him every time then I believe he'd still be here
  • Options
    Luzon said: “I think we have two great left-backs in Zakarya Bergdich and Morgan Fox.

“When you have this situation you let him (Wiggins) go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fox isn't bad, but he certainly isn't great (or if he is, then Rhoys is world class)
  • Options

Thinking about all those good players that KM et al. considered not good enough makes my blood boil. How I hate this regime and all they have done to destroy our club.

Even the likes of Makienok though, he's scored TWO less goals for Preston so far this season than he did the whole of last season for Charlton.

Even under the Belgian we've not been signing bad players, the problem is the chemistry etc. isnt there, all we've been doing is going: We need a Defender, he's a Defender he'll do... We need a Striker, he's a Striker he'll do... Its not that simple, you've got to question whether X or Y player will fit into the dressing room, whether they'll compliment their team mates or not.

No Spreadsheet will ever show that!!
  • Options
    Wiggins is on loan to Brum, playing today v A Villa alongside Morrison and Spector .. Addicks O B reunion
  • Options
    stretchered off in injury time .. looks like another knee injury ((:<)
  • Options

Wiggins is on loan to Brum, playing today v A Villa alongside Morrison and Spector .. Addicks O B reunion

Now being stretchered off after ANOTHER seemingly innocuous coming together.

Hope he's OK.

• Options
    He doesn't have much luck does he. Looks serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks a bad one that. Terrible luck
  • Options

Can't believe Spector is only 30!
  • Options
    Phil Spector? Thought he was dead.
  • Options

Phil Spector? Thought he was dead.

in prison .. for murder
  • Options
    Shame for him. Injury wrecked last few seasons.
  • Options
    Desperately sorry for Wiggins.
  • Options
    Looked in tears. Terrible luck with injuries.
    Hope he's ok
  • Options
    Great goal by Davis. Weren't we close to getting him in the summer?