Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lance Armstrong

Hold the back page, shock horror, Lance has admitted to being drugged up to win his 7 tours.
Arrogant sod.

Comments

• Options
    A sport tarnished with drug use and cheating Tactics and cheaters

Don't think it will ever be clean and that every so often the leaders of this sport and it's alleged sporting genius will go through the medium of tv to admit being cheaters
  • Options
    He showed no emotion or remorse while admitting doping. Scumbag.
  • Options
    Off to gaol for him I think.
  • Options
    I wonder how many footballers have used EPO?
  • Options

I wonder how many footballers have used EPO?

Still better than UPS!
  • Options

Don't think it will ever be clean and that every so often the leaders of this sport and it's alleged sporting genius will go through the medium of tv to admit being cheaters

I wouldn't say that to Bradley Wiggins.
  • Options
    Claimed that he didn't take drugs after 2005. Of course not Lance!
  • Options
    The bloke was so matter of fact about it "like putting air into your tyres" yeah course it is, complete scumbag, no respect for him or his sport after that.
  • Options

I wondered that, Is there anything he could be charged with?
  • Options
    Surely the sponsors are going to want their sponsorship money back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet his Dad's turning in his grave. Was it Neil or Louis?
  • Options

I wondered that, Is there anything he could be charged with?
    Perjury?

• Options
    Whilst I would agree he shouldn't have taken drugs, I dont think he should be singled out like he was the only one at it. He happened to be one of the best because of drugs. The sport might be cleaner now but back when he was "winning" the titles whole teams (eg.Festina) were getting caught taking drugs. It was the only way they could compete with each other, wrong buts thats it.
    Armstrong has fallen a lot further than anyone else. An idol to many.
    Battled cancer then helped raise a few bob to give other hope.
    Not a totally bad person,there are and were worse people on our planet.
  • Options

Cheating tactics?
  • Options

The bloke was so matter of fact about it "like putting air into your tyres" yeah course it is, complete scumbag, no respect for him or his sport after that.

Back then it probably was though, they were all at it. You only have to look at the podium finishers in the years he won it (who have since been caught) as proof of that.
  • Options

Whilst I would agree he shouldn't have taken drugs, I dont think he should be singled out like he was the only one at it. He happened to be one of the best because of drugs. The sport might be cleaner now but back when he was "winning" the titles whole teams (eg.Festina) were getting caught taking drugs. It was the only way they could compete with each other, wrong buts thats it.

Hmmm he also bullied and blackmailed a huge number of fellow riders into doing the same.
  • Options
    Didn't Jimmy Saville raise a lot of money for Charity?It doesn't neccessarily make you a good person.Armstrong has lied and cheated and bullied his way through the sport.
    I feel sorry for the fellow competitors who were clean.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Well in my book, he is a total scumbag, happy to see his fall from grace & hopefully he will loose all his ill gotten gains, no place for his sort in the world, just because everybody else in the sport was a scumbag does not mean you have to, he should have been better than that.

• Options
    Frankly he is a cheating c**t and deserves to be airbrushed from the hsitory of the sport. What I find more sad is that after his battle with cancer he became a beacon for fellow sufferers when my best friend had cancer of the Kidney he told me that Lance Armstrongs book inspired him and helped him to get over the illness. So all that good stuff is now gone and what is left is actually a rather hollow, unpleasant human being.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Didn't Jimmy Saville raise a lot of money for Charity?It doesn't neccessarily make you a good person.Armstrong has lied and cheated and bullied his way through the sport.
    I feel sorry for the fellow competitors who were clean.

Good luck finding any of them. I'd suggest looking towards the bottom of the results table for the TdF as it looks like none of the guys at the top were clean.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proceeds of crime . Time to take that scum to the cleaners
  • Options
    nolly said:

Was it actually a crime though? Against the rules of the sport certainly but might not actually be criminal.

• Options
    He is just faking being sorry, and he is obviously not very contrite as he said - and I am paraphrasing here - ' I looked up the word cheat in the dictionary, and it said to gain an unfair advantage, so to me I am not a cheat, I was just levelling the playing field as everyone else was at it'

• Options
    Rizzo said:

nolly said:

Was it actually a crime though? Against the rules of the sport certainly but might not actually be criminal.

Perjury is
  • Options
    There were clean riders that's a cop out
  • Options
    I think there are some similarities with JS ...the sheer force of their egos personalities have probably made them both feel invincible and persuaded others not to expose them "if you lie for a long enough period you forget that it was even a lie in the first place" ....have always despised Armstrong and i am pleased he has been exposed for the cheat that he is

• Options
    nolly said:

You don't know that for certain.
  • Options
    Cycling is a sport riddled with drugs. Armstrong obviously found himself on the wrong side of the USADA and has therefore been named and shamed. US sport is fuelled by drugs, NFL players receive 4 week bans for drug offences. Carl Lewis failed a drug test pre olympic qualification and it was swept under the rug so that he could go and win gold. The drugs they use are so far ahead of the tests being administered that there is no fear of being caught,you just do what you have to do to be the best. Anyone who thinks that Armstrong was the only one at it, or that any professional sport is clean from drug 'cheats' is very naive
  • Options
    Stone said:

nolly said:

By the same rationale, no-one knows whether Wiggins, Cavendish et. al are clean either. What this prick has done is make it all the more likely that people will now look at ANY cyclist with suspicion.

• Options

Stone said:

nolly said:

By the same rationale, no-one knows whether Wiggins, Cavendish et. al are clean either. What this prick has done is make it all the more likely that people will now look at ANY cyclist with suspicion.

Especially the ones who jump red lights and go the wrong way down One Way Streets!