Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which player has surprised you most

My candidate is Bradley Pritchard, never thought that he would make it at this level. His energy and workrate compensates his lack of technical skill. And it seems he inspires the whole team.

Comments

• Options

My candidate is Bradley Pritchard, never thought that he would make it at this level. His energy and workrate compensates his lack of technical skill. And it seems he inspires the whole team.

My thoughts exactly.

• Options
    Solly, Pritchard and Kermorgant. On a negative side: Fuller. He's not fit and gives the impression he's not that committed. I hope that I am wrong here
  • Options
    For this season I'd say Ceddy. I thought he'd be a L1 player by the end of his development. I never thought he'd be keeping Wiggins on the bench in the Championship as I am sure he will continue to do for a few more weeks. He's always been good going forward but it seems like the defensive side of his game has improved as well. Need to get him tied down to a new deal as his contract is up in the summer I think. Really pleased with him
  • Options
    Pritchard or Wilson
  • Options
    Pritchard forme - didnt see him making it at this level at the beginning of the season - totally proved me wrong, so much so, that there are now rumours of moving onwards to a Prem team.
  • Options
    When I first saw Pritchard play against Reading I was excited - I expected him to play a big part this season. Wilson looked terrific when Stevenage did us last season, was delighted we signed him.

Evina has surprised me of late - wasn't sure he'd be able to make that step -now think he definitely will.
  • Options
    Wilson & Evina
  • Options
    Wagstaff

2 games 2 wins. According to many on here he isn't good enough to play for Welling!
  • Options
    Being serious rather than mischievous I have to agree with Pritch and Ceddy.
  • Options
    Have to say Pritchard. The better he gets the rest of the team seem to follow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hollands.
    Thought he would be capable at this level.
  • Options
    For the Good: Bradley Pritchard

For the Bad: Danny Hollands (as PBS said I thought he would've spent years waiting for the opportunity to impose himself on this league but he just hasn't been at the races)
  • Options
    Haynes. He looked like a decent bit part player last season, to be used for cameos in the mold of Kevin Lisbie (is he a forward? is he a winger?) I didn't see anything that suggested a goal return like he has produced this season.

Also maybe Cort for me. I thought that perhaps his lack of pace (he is extremely slow) would be exposed at a higher level but it hasn't been at all. I thought he was good last season but didn't think he could be quite as good as he has been this season. This is partly down to his reading of the game and partly down to the good defensive shape we have.

With regard to Pritchard...anyone who came from nowhere to perform as he did towards the end of last season, was capable of further development. Personally, I haven't been surprised by his maturity. You could see last season that he was completely fearless and no way in awe of the players around him. He gets frustrated like any other player, but he doesn't allow errors to affect his effort or willingness to get on the ball. I wouldn't bet against him improving further, by starting to score on a regular basis (he's already making a few goals). His goal record in non-league suggests he could add that side to his game.

There have been times when Jackson and Kermorgant have disappointed this season but I'm fairly sure this was largely down to injuries (Jackson didn't look the same after his injury last season). Thankfully both seem to be fully recovered now and the change of formation has definitely benefited Jackson.

Lincsaddick suggests Fuller and I agree there is a doubt but his last start was at Watford, where he was superb both in terms of effort and performance. I think his effort is there but the lack of fitness holds him back. Like Di Canio, I think he could be the man for a big game (should we ever play in one).

• Options
    Pritch definitely. For his type of player I thought he was too slight to have an impact at Championship level. It still works against him but his work rate, energy and commitment make up for it with some to spare.
  • Options
    Wilson !
    He's been superb
  • Options
    Another vote for Pritchard, never doubted the littel fella's heart and enthusiasm but wasn't convinced that would be enough. Boy was I wrong!
  • Options
    Good thread.
    Agree with mostly everybody...in a wierd way Rob Hulse suprised me as one of the better loanees we've ever had...but Pritch has come on so much.
  • Options
    Wilson, sat next to a friend/ family of his at Leeds,and he was saying how much he liked the club, since then I've watched him a bit more closely and I think he gives his best most weeks.
  • Options
    BWP, I thought he'd be good enough to make an impact but it just hasn't happened for him. Not surprised about Pritch, Wilson, Kerms or any of them really, I think we underrate a lot of our players, then they suddenly become very good when they move on to other clubs. Still think that given a run, Green could be a good player in this division.
  • Options
    Stephens. Thought he was crap, but am now thinking a butterfly will appear from the chrysalis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe BWP can do it at this level, but he seems to have a confidence issue. Probably needs a new club but you never know - light the blue touch paper and he could still spark into life. Question now is whether he will get the opportunity with us, with a fair few in front of him and Chrissy playing 4-5-1.
  • Options
    Pritch is my quick response but Jacko has upped his game recently.
  • Options
    Wasn't there yesterday, but I was scared Taylor would be taken apart, because I thought league 1 was his absolute level. Judging by the scores, he did very well. Bit soon to tell.
  • Options
    Jackson surprised me, he came up behind me in the car park and shouted boo. Seriously though i agree with all the comments about Pritch.
  • Options
    Hamer

Can only think that its since he had his eyes done but he is a great keeper

Also i think mozza and cort in the step up have been superb
  • Options
    I think Cort has been the better of the two which is a surprise I suppose, but Morro hasn't been shoddy saying that.
  • Options
    Although don't forget Cort has a long Champs pedigree - and even a season in the Prem under his belt.

Been a key player in 2 sides winning promotion to the Prem.
  • Options
    Pritch for me. To have stepped up from non league and to have had the impact he has had is pretty incredible. What he lacks in pure skill he more than makes up for in endeavor and work rate. A great story I think.

• Options
    A story with a few chapters yet to write I suspect.
  • Options
    Hamer thought his poor catching from crosses last season would be punished more often this seasons, but has improved dramatically.