Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City are in Financial Difficulties (Holding Co. in Receivership P2)

Comments

• Options

Butland must be worth a few quid!

Would've thought he'd be the main one to leave as he'll make them the most money. Was left out of their FA Cup ties too to avoid being cup tied for any possible buyer
  • Options
    Butland is by far their greatest asset, selling him would dwarf the fees generated from elsewhere in the squad, though he wouldn't reduce the wage bill much, I imagine.

Not looking good for them, having to panic sell when they are only just above the dropzone. And to think when we drew up there at the start of the season, having nearly won, we thought we'd taken a point from one of the fancied teams for promotion!
  • Options
    Maybe that's why Clarke can't look at the camera when interviewed or he is scanning the floor for dropped pennies
  • Options
    Out of them players I think realistically we could get fahey and lovenkrands
  • Options
    Lovenkrands has been at Rangers, Schalke and Newcastle, his wages are probably too high for us
  • Options
    Darren Ambrose anyone?
  • Options

Darren Ambrose anyone?

Joking aside he could thrive feeding off Yann. He's got that intelligence
  • Options
    Birmingham City FC suspects former employee has misappropriated £2.5m
    The company that owns Birmingham City FC said it believed a former employee may have "misappropriated" £2.5m.

Birmingham International Holdings said on Monday afternoon that it had reported the matter to the Hong Kong police, who were investigating.

The company said in a statement that the loss "may have a material impact on the operation and financial situation of the group".

It was also concerned that the matter was apparently missed by auditors.

Shares in the company were suspended six weeks ago and will not resume trading until further notice.

Birmingham International Holdings said it would consider setting up an investigation committee to examine the suspected misappropriation and determine how to improve its internal controls.

The former owner of Birmingham City, Carson Yeung, was convicted of money laundering in his native Hong Kong in March and jailed for six years.

Last week it emerged that Yeung had requested to remove three directors of Birmingham International Holdings and replace them with three of his own nominations.

The company has asked the Hong Kong Stock Exchange to investigate Mr Yeung's request.

Supporters of Birmingham City have asked the Football League to investigate concerns that the former owner was acting as a "shadow director".

A Football League spokesman said it had been in "ongoing dialogue with the club in recent months".
  • Options
    Maybe we can buy Morrison back off them to help them out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't so much his playing ability were missing but his leadership and commanding the penalty box qualities
  • Options
    Theyve also managed to sign Lloyd Dyer on loan for the rest of the season,not bad for a team with pretty serious financial misgivings?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

iaitch said:

I think we are in danger of building Morrison up into Bobby Moore. Would i like to see him back with us,YES. Do i think he should have been sold- NO. But let us not overstate his qualities.

We just got smashed 5-0, it would be very easy to pine for an accomplished Championship defender that we almost inexplicably let walk away on a free
  • Options
    Sod 'em. Nasty set of fans.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

iaitch said:

I think we are in danger of building Morrison up into Bobby Moore. Would i like to see him back with us,YES. Do i think he should have been sold- NO. But let us not overstate his qualities.

We just got smashed 5-0, it would be very easy to pine for an accomplished Championship defender that we almost inexplicably let walk away on a free
    One who was under contract as well
  • Options
    Holding company now in receivership. Does that mean a points deduction?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-31504347
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I was wondering that.
  • Options
    Would put them right down at the bottom.. below Wigan...
  • Options

cafcfan said:

I was wondering that.
    You'd think the BBC article would have addressed that point as it seems an obvious question that will arise. Poor journalism!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

I would say unlikely.
  • Options
    Isn't there a difference in treatment between parent companies and the actual football club? It's not as if the football club itself has stopped paying bills, unlike Forest say who paid Peterborough late for Britt Assombalonga in January, preventing Posh making a signing in the window
  • Options

Isn't there a difference in treatment between parent companies and the actual football club? It's not as if the football club itself has stopped paying bills, unlike Forest say who paid Peterborough late for Britt Assombalonga in January, preventing Posh making a signing in the window

Southampton were given the deduction when their holding company went into admin, because the club and the holding company were "inextricably linked as one economic entity." If it's the same situation for Birmingham, they will be deducted points.
  • Options
    I thought holding companies going into recievership did effect the position of the football club. I beleive the test is that the sole or main buisness of the holding company is the football club it owns.
  • Options
    From the comments it seems the FC was the only activity of the holding Co.

I read that as the current directors have done this to stop Carson Yeung regaining control.

Drastic but perhaps there fear the alternative is worse.

Might help keep Millwall (and us maybe) up.

Owners, hey!
  • Options
    Sort of scabby "higher profile" mediocre football club that would get away with all sorts of shit with the authorities. Hopefully some points deducted might give us a breather in the race for relegation (think were ok actually)...
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Southampton were given the deduction when their holding company went into admin, because the club and the holding company were "inextricably linked as one economic entity." If it's the same situation for Birmingham, they will be deducted points.
    Thats exactly what I thought. Therefore would expect points deduction.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

From the comments it seems the FC was the only activity of the holding Co.

I read that as the current directors have done this to stop Carson Yeung regaining control.

Drastic but perhaps there fear the alternative is worse.

Might help keep Millwall (and us maybe) up.

Owners, hey!

If it's the only activity of the holding co then there is no doubt, it's a 10 point deduction. Considering they're on an OK run of form and this would only put them in the relegation zone by two points it may indeed be a step to get Yeung out once and for all.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

Thats exactly what I thought. Therefore would expect points deduction.
    If not surely that would give Southampton valid cause for complaint.