Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Murray MOTD2

2»

Comments

• Options

Lineker's £2million-a-year deal expires in the summer and his representatives are confident an extension will be agreed shortly.
    Stupid salary, think Hansen is on more than a million. Again crazy.

Absolutely crazy.

Why they pay these wages is beyond me, people want to watch the football - end of.

I think Brian Clough put it best thirty years ago.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Ktce51GAA

Genius!
  • Options
    Peter beagrie is the best pundit around and should be given a chance to anchor something.
  • Options
    What ever happened to Jimmy Hill? His rows with Venables were legendary!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

What ever happened to Jimmy Hill? His rows with Venables were legendary!

In his 80's now and well past it. Last seen on Sunday Supplement. Was a total embarrassment in the end. The late Brian Woolnough had to take over chairing the show although it was called Jimmy Hill's Sunday Supplement. He could not start a sentence without "Unless you've played the game professionally..." or "When I was Chairman at Coventry City/hosted MOTD/got rid of the minimum wage etc "

• Options
    Riviera said:

I don't need to believe you thanks. I saw as much of him as any other non-Liverpool fan. Yes he was an effective centre half in an extremely well disciplined and organised team. I have always thought he was over rated and he's lapped it up ever since he quit. Got all the answers but only from a sofa for over 20 years. Never got involved and never to my knowledge been used even as a consultant by any team. Even Lawro had a stab at getting his hands dirty.
    And above all, Fergie didn't rate him.

Agree; he's always bottled management, preferring the comfort of slagging off defenders from the studio. We'll agree to differ on his quality as a player.

Love the Sue Perkins likeness for Murray. Beneath the bile, that Blue Moon diatribe was pretty accurate. He's never outwardly offended me but is just "irritating". He's on air far too much for someone with such limited knowledge / experience, and that desperation to be chummy with the big names is excruciating. Good luck Mark Chapman - comes across as professional, knowledgeable, and genuinely interested in football.

• Options
    That's one of the Ulster Mouthy Mafiosos gone .. 2 to go .. Alan Green and Stephen Nolan
  • Options
    Carter said:

Peter beagrie is the best pundit around and should be given a chance to anchor something.

Preferably a ship.

• Options
    Can't understand all the hatred for him - he just tries to enjoy himself when he does anything. I thought he was a breath of fresh air, personally. He's a genuine fan and a genuine bloke. Not good enough for the ex-player's clique, obviously.

The boredom can resume now....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

Can't understand all the hatred for him - he just tries to enjoy himself when he does anything. I thought he was a breath of fresh air, personally. He's a genuine fan and a genuine bloke. Not good enough for the ex-player's clique, obviously.

The boredom can resume now....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I 100% agree @bigstemarra.

As for that Bluemoon nonsense written above, blogs or whatever they are like that really piss me off. Just a pure personal attack which as its done online is perfectly ok seemingly. The ironic thing about the Bluemoon post is that the author is craving exactly the same thing what he supposedly hates about Colin Murray, its smacks of 'look at me....read my website... I'm really funny as I use swear words'.

"Colin Murray is everything that is wrong with modern football."

No Bluemoon....you are everything that is wrong with modern life.

• Options
    I also think that some people really resented him enjoying himself during the darts coverage, too. He was a darts fan having the time of his life and having a laugh with all the people there. The darts fans didn't give a toss and just joined in the fun and he was very good at getting all types of people involved, and it was all in a good spirit. I don't see how he can be accused of being an egomaniac, either as he is often the butt of the jokes and is actually far more self effacing than the majority of 'talent' on the TV. At least the bloke can laugh at himself!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've disliked him long before he was on MOTD2 or the Darts. He's been a real pain in the butt on Radio5 for sometime.
  • Options
    I just Don't get Fighting talk on radio 5 . As much as I have tried to understand it , I still think its a pile of crap.
  • Options
    He is a twat fook him..Good job he has gone
  • Options
    Wish they'd take Hansen too, he is incredibly dull and not nearly as interesting as he thinks he is. He did a feature on the art of near post defending a few weeks back, it made for pretty painful viewing.
  • Options
    Only Dixon and Neville should be allowed on football tv. Can't stand lineker, shearer, hansen, the lof of em'. Does his comments about "leave it to the pro's" mean that only strikers can comment about rooney etc and only defenders can comment on vidic. DO ONE HANSEN.
  • Options
    Riviera, I think you need psychiatric help. The amount of bile you and your blogging friend have for blokes just chatting about football is totally disproportionate.
  • Options

Riviera, I think you need psychiatric help. The amount of bile you and your blogging friend have for blokes just chatting about football is totally disproportionate.

Got a number?
  • Options
    Got a mate who is hypnotherapist, he can do the anger management bit if you like... LOL
  • Options

That's one of the Ulster Mouthy Mafiosos gone .. 2 to go .. Alan Green and Stephen Nolan

You're right - three people in an industry of hundreds clearly constitutes a massive mafia conspiracy.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited January 2013
    Had QOS on in the background last night and Lawro was on it . Had a video of Chamakh scoring against Reading. Asked Lawro who it was and I swear he said Gervinho....how does this guy have a job as a football pundit? Surely anyone who's job it is to comment on PL football would know who he was. For his sake I hope I heard it wrong, although whoever he said it was, was wrong.