Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So any VIPs going tomorrow?

To the 5 year season ticket holders evening.

Comments

• Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    Aye
  • Options
    Si
  • Options
    Ja
  • Options

Aye

So you will be the reporter for the night then

• Options
    cfgs said:

Aye

The Daily Star?

• Options

cfgs said:

Aye

The Daily Star?

You could write their report now. Just rewrite the thread title a few times or something

• Options
    cfgs said:

Aye

I think we should keep whatever is said between ourselves just to annoy the riff-raff

: - )
  • Options
    So lots of "Can we say that.... no better not. You would all be so excited if you knew though."
  • Options
    You've got the idea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry will you be our Wordsworth?
  • Options

" I wandered lonely in a cardigan...."

Can't be in 2 places at once so will be in Gravesend with Killer, Peter Shaw & a late but welcome addition to the guests, Phil Warman .

Anyone coming ?

• Options
    I will be at the VIP meeting
  • Options
    i am going
  • Options
    That's it .

Rub it in why don't you .
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Remember to wear your CL badges
  • Options

Is there any left?

• Options
    Myself and @rothko will be at Gravesend.
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options

" I wandered lonely in a cardigan...."

Can't be in 2 places at once so will be in Gravesend with Killer, Peter Shaw & a late but welcome addition to the guests, Phil Warman .

Anyone coming ?

yup, altho would prefer to go the VIP as you... easier given your new status? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So who planned the VIP night on the same night as a big supporters group meeting?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    CAS Trust Letter to VIPs, for those who can't make it - which will be handed out tonights we hope. CAS Trust have been attending supporters events and speaking to fans, however we weren't able to attend tonight VIP meeting hence the letter.

Interesting (and most welcome) that the meeting is right after the club accounts are released.

Perhaps someone could ask how we plan to reduce the deficit and comply with FFP rules? (barring promotion that is)

:)
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Is there any left?

All sold long ago. If I ever see Steve Kavanagh again I'll ask him to give his back.

Maybe time for a new badge "Charlton Life - 7 Glorious years". AFKA? Lookout? NSS? Cardinal Sin?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

So who planned the VIP night on the same night as a big supporters group meeting?

Our NWKA event has been in place since the end of December and was advertised immediately it was confirmed.

Craig, the VIP rep on the FF had been trying to arrange a date for the annual VIP meeting for some months, so when he was offered a date which would ensure that both our Manager & Chairman were in attendance, he readily accepted.

Just one of those things, I'm afraid and with thhe CAST website now up & running with its "calendar of events" in place, hopefully this will be the one & only time that such events clash.

Thanks to buckshee and rothko for pledging their support tonight. Please come & say hello, guys.

• Options
    Was there a good turn out? Were we told anything new?
  • Options
    razil said:

CAS Trust Letter to VIPs, for those who can't make it - which will be handed out tonights we hope.

So you're taking leaflets to an event to hand out to those that can't attend it?

Interesting PR strategy!

;-)
  • Options
    Anything to tell from those there?
  • Options
    Personally I thought it was a very good event which provided some interesting insights.To kick off the comments here goes.

Michael Slater was as candid as I expected him to be.I think we were spoilt in the Richard Murray era in terms of openness and as fans I think we have to appreciate that the world of football unfortunately has moved on from those days.

He did acknowledge that he is made aware of forums and that the club's coms teams makes him aware of threads on here from time to time .He told the story of how a business associate of his took his 14 year old son who plays for a Swiss Second Division teams academy and the lad wore his club's shirt to the Director's box and how this became the foundation of one of the takeover rumours.Similarly he spoke of how the visit of some Turkish guests to the Director's box was transformed into the Koc takeover rumour.

On Landsdowne Mews he reckons that Greenwich Council have given him an indication that our expansion plans could still go ahead although it would be 'tight' in space terms.

In terms of the fair play rules he basically told us that any offending clubs would be fined and the proceeds of that penalty would be evenly distributed amongst the other clubs equally.He suggested that under these rules two years ago QPR would have been fined £25 Million.

Sir Chris did not disappoint.I asked him two questions.Firstly regarding Marlon King and my concerns that he is character terms not a Charlton type player and that I did not believe that bearing in mind our family values and large proportion of women fans that such a signing might compromise this.

Chris replied that there was no chance we would go after King as he was financially out of our league and although he did believe in people getting second chances I was left with the impression that this move is unlikely.

The other question I asked was around left footed players and that last season how the balance had been excellent.He replied that ideally that he preferred players to be on their natural side and commented that he would like a left footed centre back in the squad.He mentioned Harry Lennon as someone who could develop as one for the future.That said,he also accepted that there were times that you needed to use right footers ie Solly at left back and mentioned John Robinson and Jerome Thomas from his own playing career as two right footed players who preferred to play on the left.
  • Options
    Thought that the King thing was initially NO WAY, then thought better of it and added the financial thing. Good summary though. I like Slater, he is a very funny man and a man I find very easy to trust, however he is very guarded about what he says.

Oh and he said he is proud to be chairman of our club, better than a few other local clubs.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Personally I thought it was a very good event which provided some interesting insights.To kick off the comments here goes.

Michael Slater was as candid as I expected him to be.I think we were spoilt in the Richard Murray era in terms of openness and as fans I think we have to appreciate that the world of football unfortunately has moved on from those days.

He did acknowledge that he is made aware of forums and that the club's coms teams makes him aware of threads on here from time to time .He told the story of how a business associate of his took his 14 year old son who plays for a Swiss Second Division teams academy and the lad wore his club's shirt to the Director's box and how this became the foundation of one of the takeover rumours.Similarly he spoke of how the visit of some Turkish guests to the Director's box was transformed into the Koc takeover rumour.

On Landsdowne Mews he reckons that Greenwich Council have given him an indication that our expansion plans could still go ahead although it would be 'tight' in space terms.

In terms of the fair play rules he basically told us that any offending clubs would be fined and the proceeds of that penalty would be evenly distributed amongst the other clubs equally.He suggested that under these rules two years ago QPR would have been fined £25 Million.

Sir Chris did not disappoint.I asked him two questions.Firstly regarding Marlon King and my concerns that he is character terms not a Charlton type player and that I did not believe that bearing in mind our family values and large proportion of women fans that such a signing might compromise this.

Chris replied that there was no chance we would go after King as he was financially out of our league and although he did believe in people getting second chances I was left with the impression that this move is unlikely.

The other question I asked was around left footed players and that last season how the balance had been excellent.He replied that ideally that he preferred players to be on their natural side and commented that he would like a left footed centre back in the squad.He mentioned Harry Lennon as someone who could develop as one for the future.That said,he also accepted that there were times that you needed to use right footers ie Solly at left back and mentioned John Robinson and Jerome Thomas from his own playing career as two right footed players who preferred to play on the left.

Cheers. How did the relationship seem between CP and MS?