Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull Away

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hull has had a lot of money spent on it in the last 5-10 years. I could reel off a list of towns and cities as long as your arm that are infinitely worse places to live/study/go out in. It is a reputation built on the past.
  • Options

Hull has had a lot of money spent on it in the last 5-10 years. I could reel off a list of towns and cities as long as your arm that are infinitely worse places to live/study/go out in. It is a reputation built on the past.

Sounds a bit like Lewisham. :-)

• Options

I've seen a woman pissing on the pavement, not even against a building, in the centre of London (Northumberland Avenue) in the middle of the afternoon but I wouldn't judge London on that.

I bet she came from Hull :-)
  • Options

I've seen a woman pissing on the pavement, not even against a building, in the centre of London (Northumberland Avenue) in the middle of the afternoon but I wouldn't judge London on that.

I bet she came from Hull :-)
    Sounds more like an Addick to me...

No pot to p*ss in !

• Options

sorry to jump in but has any1 ever had a night out in scunthorpe? as we are doing an overnight stay there?

No, nobody has ever had a night out in Scunny. That includes the locals.
  • Options

sorry to jump in but has any1 ever had a night out in scunthorpe? as we are doing an overnight stay there?

It might be too late to change your plans but a night out in Hull would be a lot better.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I'll try to take some photographs while I'm there and post them so you can see what I mean - bearing in mind that in mid-February nowhere is going to look its best.

Well, true to my word, I spent a day going around Hull on Sunday and have prepared this short record of the city that I know. In the end it became a bit of a homage to Larkin! Of course, somebody else could equally make a film of the seamy side of Hull but the whole point of my doing this was to show that Hull is not as bad as some people make out. I think its isolated position, stuck out on the Eastern side of Yorkshire, cause some of its inhabitants, especially perhaps the younger ones who hanker after the bright lights, to denigrate it unfairly. Anyway, judge for yourself.

http://youtu.be/gxtVcidWTjk
  • Options
    Interesting. Strange that no one appears to live there. Not a soul to be seen anywhere :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It was Sunday afternoon in the business quarter, a bit like walking through the City of London on a Sunday. They don't seem to go in for Sunday shopping in a big way up there either.