Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

G Block Upper North

Do you have to be simple to sit in this block or is anyone welcome?

Comments

• Options
    Why?
  • Options
    Im guessing the annoying 'we drum when we want'
  • Options
    Sat there today,most annoying supporters I've ever come across
  • Options
    I was in G block and there was a bit of drumming on the metal. But I didn't see/hear anything too daft. At least people were trying to create a bit of atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    fattmatt said:

I was in G block and there was a bit of drumming on the metal. But I didn't see/hear anything too daft. At least people were trying to create a bit of atmosphere.

They weren't creating atmosphere though were they? They were just irritating everyone else and drawing in (much much much deserved) abuse from the H Block.

Drumming implies rhythm; constantly banging on a bit of metal for 90 minutes and doing it more so (just to add further annoyance) when people are yelling "shut the f*ck up" isn't drumming; it's being an annoying fuckwit.

Simply put - If you're dim enough to bang a bit of metal and give yourself a headache; fair play. If you're going to do it more to irritate those telling you to shut up; you're a complete bellend.
  • Options
    They're bloody irritating. It's noise for the sake of noise
  • Options
    They done the same against blackpool and it done my head in.

Its not creating an atmosphere, its just banging a bit of metal for the sake of fcking everyone off
  • Options
    I sit in J Block. Thanks for pin-pointing where that noise eminates from. The only thing I have against it is I hope it isn't doing any damage and the club has to spend money on repairs! More annoying was the Jimmy Servile song. Hope there isn't any of that bastards victims in the crowd.
  • Options
    I always figured that banging the side of a stand was ok away from home because you were sort of abusing the stand/ground. Getting back to and rebuilding the Valley took a lot of effort by a lot of people and we shouls dhow the ground more respect.

That's probably stupid but anyway. I sit in H and find it really annoying.
  • Options
    I dont get the Jimmy Saville song, wasnt he from Leeds in West Yorks and not Sheffield in South Yorks, wouldnt that logic make Jack the Ripper "one of our own"

Its just an unfunny, non original, classless piece of durge sung to a really annoying, non original supposed tune?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    Don't let the facts get in the way of a rubbish song! We'll probably sing it at Palace next Saturday.......
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I dont get the Jimmy Saville song, wasnt he from Leeds in West Yorks and not Sheffield in South Yorks, wouldnt that logic make Jack the Ripper "one of our own"

Its just an unfunny, non original, classless piece of durge sung to a really annoying, non original supposed tune?

Agreed. We have to have the most unimaginative fans , when it comes to songs , in the country.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    Where have you found these videos lol. Has made me laugh no end.
  • Options
    That Saville song is shit
  • Options
    Off subject a bit
    Did anyone see jenkinsons bedroom sat morn?
    Now that was sad it was like a seven year olds shrine to arsenal fc and players pics framed on his wall
    So sad
  • Options
    I thought the "we are the G block we drum when we want" was funny the first time at Blackpool. But it's just annoying now, sounds like someones having a violent fit, it's just random noise.
  • Options
    Is "G Block" nearer the East or West stands ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    MOG, Corner of the North Upper - the closest to the NW Quadrant.
  • Options
    West Stand side
  • Options
    G Block is an absolute horror show of morons. Avoid it like the plague now.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    CAFCdamo said:

I'll see your Mertersaker chant and raise you a Podolski...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1dT5vLudw
  • Options
    edited January 2013

G Block is an absolute horror show of morons. Avoid it like the plague now.

This. I felt like a social worker on a "special outing" when I sat in there for a couple of games last season.

Still, at least Big Vern gives the kids something to aspire to....
  • Options
    Don't tar us all with the same brush. I sit in G block and I'm not simple but unfortunately there is a group of absolute planks that have big Verne? as their lead plank.
  • Options
    Not seen big Vern since the millwall freindly/testimonial game ! Thought he had gone to support someone else?
  • Options
    Wouldn't sit up there if you paid me.
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't even see Verne at millwall - was shocked as I had a cheeky feeling Verne doesn't like millwall...
  • Options
    Unfortunately I sit in the lower end of G block and I made a conscious decision after Saturday's game that I would move my seat next season.

Blokes at the back of it are c*nts and I've had an incident with some of them a few years ago which I posted on here. They can be racist, and one of them in particular looks like a complete thug, they go to most away games but I don't hear them pipe up then.

Vern despite being a bit of a plank actually seems like one of the more normal ones of the bunch as I've seen him attend with kids a few times, sat away from the group and barely said a word.

They are dicks and we don't need them at Charlton, would love it if they got banned and I know I might get some stick for saying that but I really can't stand them and I sometimes begrudge even joining in with our 'normal' chants just because those morons started it.