Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

G Block Upper North

2»

Comments

• Options
    at one point there was some scottish older chaps that used to sit at the back row were freindly folk although this was about 2/3 seasons ago, im unfortunately in h block but never sit in my seat cos some fucking half wit has sat there and really cant be assed to argue with them,when the stewards come to me for standing around i show them my season ticket and they just say find somewhere else.. all in all bit of a comedy act. definately relocating next season as the last thing you need is a constant out of rhythym banging on the metal.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    What I don't understand is why we have periods of 10-20 minutes when there are no songs.
    Then as soon as either J or G start a song the other block sings something completley different over the top.
    Same at away games sometimes.
  • Options
    Who "Vern" ?
  • Options
    Bit out of order naming someone IMO.
  • Options
    And there is one guy who EVERY game shouts out 'I do love playing away'. He gets a laugh from his little following but everyone else groans, we do have a few mental fans.
  • Options

And there is one guy who EVERY game shouts out 'I do love playing away'. He gets a laugh from his little following but everyone else groans, we do have a few mental fans.

Haha that's my pal in the H block though, not G
  • Options

Yeah he's alright
  • Options
    Gotta love Liam/Jimmy, I heard he likes playing away too?
  • Options
    If they did it even a little rhythmic and constant it would actually make good noise I hear it from the east stand. Plus that would stop me tutting which consequently makes me feel like a twat.
  • Options
    Some helm lobbed an object , maybe a bottle with liquid in it judging by the speed of it, from the back of the upper down to the lower and looked like it was a near miss on a few punters below, when the final whistle went on Saturday
    Obviously in frustration, some simple fool thought lobbing that on to the pitch would make them feel better but it fell well short and was lucky not to have smashed someone in the lower
    It was in line with between penalty box and corner flag , I sit in the NWQ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Some helm lobbed an object , maybe a bottle with liquid in it judging by the speed of it, from the back of the upper down to the lower and looked like it was a near miss on a few punters below, when the final whistle went on Saturday
    Obviously in frustration, some simple fool thought lobbing that on to the pitch would make them feel better but it fell well short and was lucky not to have smashed someone in the lower

It was probably a plastic bottle though so in the eyes of sparrows lane lion that's ok.
  • Options
    Yea I see the bottle thrown. Absolute dickhead. Missed a couple of men and women about 5 rows up.
  • Options
    I was there for Blackpool and they're certainly more interested in drinking and chanting that the football.
  • Options

If they did it even a little rhythmic and constant it would actually make good noise I hear it from the east stand. Plus that would stop me tutting which consequently makes me feel like a twat.

I agree, if they actually done it to the tune of anything then no one would have a problem, but they appear to just bang it randomly, on Saturday there was no drums there so you'd of thought they'd have attempted something with some rhythm over at the g block
  • Options
    this sort of blocks of fans appear at every ground ie
    millwall east upper
    palace holmesdale
    chelsea shed upper

to name a few

its just one of those things if all those sort of fans sat together it would be a lot easier to spot trouble makers
  • Options
    I haven't read all of this but are people getting upset about other people banging on the metal sheeting behind the seats ?

So we have had people getting annoyed about which songs are sung, then people offering advice on what people should wear to a football match, then some people telling others where they should sit in the stadium and now people getting distressed by out of rhythm banging.

We also had some people advising others on whether or not to buy a pint at Selhurst and offering their disgust at people buying U18 tickets if they are too old.

Did I miss anything ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I haven't read all of this but are people getting upset about other people banging on the metal sheeting behind the seats ?

So we have had people getting annoyed about which songs are sung, then people offering advice on what people should wear to a football match, then some people telling others where they should sit in the stadium and now people getting distressed by out of rhythm banging.

We also had some people advising others on whether or not to buy a pint at Selhurst and offering their disgust at people buying U18 tickets if they are too old.

Did I miss anything ?

You missed people who piss and whine when someone starts a thread when there's been a similar thread open for 6 months!
    We do like a moan on Charlton Life. We should rename it Charlton Wife!
  • Options
    Think its part and parcel of football. At least its a very small minority compared to some other clubs and you do know where they sit. Solution is simple. If you don't like them sit somewhere else.
  • Options
    I sit in the g block. Im not exactly going to walk along to the opposite end of the upper north to look for a seat because a few people are making some noise. That wouldn't be getting away from it either.

Id happily sit/stand there for 90 mins singing and shouting with the drum banging for the whole game. But the fellas at the top of the g block a fcking annoying.
  • Options
    i sit in H and i get what people are saying some of the g block lot and i say "some" are absolutely clueless i heard one call jacko a lazy wanker!, fair play to those who make noise for support but instead of competing with j block and annoying everyone why not sing/chant in unison would make for such a good atmosphere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said already the people at the back of G block need to go and we don't need 'fans' like that at Charlton. In fact not so sure it's entirely the back, had someone near to me against Derby kept shouting how shit Morrison was and then the last match another guy kept saying how shit Kermorgant was, think that whole block is now ruined!
  • Options

As I said already the people at the back of G block need to go and we don't need 'fans' like that at Charlton. In fact not so sure it's entirely the back, had someone near to me against Derby kept shouting how shit Morrison was and then the last match another guy kept saying how shit Kermorgant was, think that whole block is now ruined!

As said before - opinions are like arseholes

• Options
    I've heard that they're ready to take on Red Division and have actually started calling themselves G-Unit.
  • Options
    gggggeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options

Smashed someone in the lower what? Come on, I'm on knifes edge here:-)