Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Attendance yesterday was 20,292, including 1,936 travelling swfc fans.

Did seem busier at the turnstilies.

An impressive 18+ home fans or did we have more potential buyers in the directors box? ; - )

Last time we broke 20K was v Hudds when the Turkish guy who wasn't Ali Koc was spotted

Comments

• East stand was definitely busier as was the West lower. Probably closer to 18k in the ground.
  • We probably got a lot of 'floating' football fans. There were only 2 games to note in London yesterday, us and QPR . So I think we probably had quite a few neutrals yesterday. Leyton Orient and Dagenham were at home too but hardly mouth watering ties for the neutral
  • Attendance yesterday was 20,292, including 1,936 travelling swfc fans.

An impressive 18+ home fans or did we have more potential buyers in the directors box? ; - )

Last time we broke 20K was v Hudds when the Turkish guy who wasn't Ali Koc was spotted

Someone on the pink oboe list report that messrs J & S were very attentive towards a group of middle eastern or Asian looking gentlemen yesterday.
  • Attendance yesterday was 20,292, including 1,936 travelling swfc fans.

Someone on the pink oboe list report that messrs J & S were very attentive towards a group of middle eastern or Asian looking gentlemen yesterday.
    I was told they looked like they were from America or Russian!
  • I heard they were Mongolians and Tibetans.
  • East stand was as packed as I've seen it for a long time. Many empty seats in
    Lower North and West. If there was more than 20k people there yesterday then I'm Dutchman.
  • edited January 2013

I heard they were Mongolians and Tibetans.

The Pope, the Dalai Lama and a descendant of Attila the Hun so my spys tell me
  • Some red card holders were sent letters £10 a ticket and a pound fir kid's.
  • edited January 2013
    The people that TJ was fawning over yesterday were a Belgian and a Morocan. FACT
  • Sure it wasn't a Belgian and a Morocan?

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep Henry you could be right ;0)
  • Chelsea family and quite a few arsenal fans around me in the East.

Great that they come along and support us (financially and with voice, as Arsenal fans were enjoying themselves before last ten minutes).
  • What is with the obsession with doubting the number that flicks up on that little screen? That number isn't fabricated it's just adds the number of season tickets and bought match day tickets and boom. Yes not everyone actually turns but it was a pretty full stadium and to my eyes no more than 7,000 empty seats.
  • There was definitely an Algerian knocking about.
  • Boosted by 5000 agents from all around the world checking out the Solly one.
  • Mrbacon said:

That number isn't fabricated it's just adds the number of season tickets and bought match day tickets and boom.

what about the comps given to schools/clubs etc

• edited January 2013
    Mrbacon said:

What is with the obsession with doubting the number that flicks up on that little screen? That number isn't fabricated it's just adds the number of season tickets and bought match day tickets and boom. Yes not everyone actually turns but it was a pretty full stadium and to my eyes no more than 7,000 empty seats.

When we had a 20,000 crowd for Huddersfield there were just over 15,000 in the ground on the club's own figures. Almost everyone overestimates the crowd, in my experience, probably because it has been overstated in the official figures by so much for so long, due to the issue of stay away season ticket holders and comp holders. However, a 5,000 gap is not plausible to me for a Saturday match - off the top of my head I don't think it ever got that big, even when we were falling out of the Championship or on bitter midweek evenings in League One.
  • Mrbacon said:

What is with the obsession with doubting the number that flicks up on that little screen? That number isn't fabricated it's just adds the number of season tickets and bought match day tickets and boom. Yes not everyone actually turns but it was a pretty full stadium and to my eyes no more than 7,000 empty seats.

When we had a 20,000 crowd for Huddersfield there were just over 15,000 in the ground on the club's own figures. Almost everyone overestimates the crowd, in my experience, probably because it has been overstated in the official figures by so much for so long, due to the issue of stay away season ticket holders and comp holders. However, a 5,000 gap is not plausible to me for a Saturday match - off the top of my head I don't think it ever got that big, even when we were falling out of the Championship or on bitter midweek evenings in League One.
    What did you reckon to this Sats figure? I know Wendies brought a lot, credit to them, but I was still surprised to hear the figure
  • edited January 2013
    Deffo seemed more in the west from where i was in the middle east, surveyed a guy outside of east european extraction there for the first time with his kids and confessed to being full time gooners
  • see if those last 2/3 blocks in the east stand will have any one in em for the match v the scum apart from a few gobby sewer rats from the blue part of south london
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrbacon said:

What did you reckon to this Sats figure? I know Wendies brought a lot, credit to them, but I was still surprised to hear the figure
    The upper west and lower north were pretty sparse, as usual. Lower west busier than usual in F, G and H, but I doubt if it was more than 65 per cent occupied. My suspicion is that there had been a decision to pack the east. Maybe 16,500.
  • All areas were noticeably busier.

No way in the world there was 10,500 + spare seats. 1500 away spares, 1500 north lower, 3000 west and the rest in the east but I couldn't say as I sit there.
  • In terms of bums on seats, I thought that was the biggest home attendance of the season.
    The east was definitely the most full it's been & the west had more than usual. North upper also had less empty seats.
    I thought they'd announce 20k & they did. There were fair old queues outside for the first time in ages.
  • In terms of bums on seats, I thought that was the biggest home attendance of the season.
    The east was definitely the most full it's been & the west had more than usual. North upper also had less empty seats.
    I thought they'd announce 20k & they did. There were fair old queues outside for the first time in ages.

I'm pretty sure we had more home fans V Palarse.
  • edited January 2013

In terms of bums on seats, I thought that was the biggest home attendance of the season.

I'm pretty sure we had more home fans V Palarse.

All areas were noticeably busier.

No way in the world there was 10,500 + spare seats. 1500 away spares, 1500 north lower, 3000 west and the rest in the east but I couldn't say as I sit there.

I'll guarantee you that there were at least 500-1,000 empty seats in the east, even if it looked full, 1,000-1,500 in the quadrants, 500-750 in the north upper, 1,500 plus in the north lower and 4,000 plus in the west.

For the last 14 years I've seen the occupancy rates for every section of the ground for every match, and there are always more empty seats than you would think.

To be clear, however, it was a decent crowd for the fixture, however it was achieved.
  • The East was a lot busier than normal, there was a big queue to get in, and the refreshment kiosks has massive queues at half time (even before half time). I didn't think the other areas of the ground seemed that much more busy than normal.
  • Sooty and Sweep we're VIP guests...I wonder who had a hand in that?
  • The Cons was busier than normal
  • Three wins on the spin, reasonably attractive opposition, the snow had melted so not surprised it was decent turnout from our fans.

Shows that it's results on the pitch that really are the major factor in drawing in the more casual fans-you can't beat a sniff of a play-off charge to get people excited

Such a real shame about those last 10 minutes. Seeing us 7th in the table on goal difference would have made things very interesting over the next few weeks...
  • Never mind the guys from the Kebab shop who were in the Directors Box, how do we get the extra 3,00 back after that fiasco ?