Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    It wasn't a fiasco, it was a defeat. Anyone who is deterred from going to football just because their team doesn't win isn't going to last long anyway. In any case the way you get them back is the same way you got them in the first place, i.e. offer them cheap and free tickets.

Long experience suggests that a three-match winning run makes only a very marginal difference to the full price sale. It won't have accounted for more than a few hundred on Saturday's crowd.

Look at the home support for the previous four home games - 16,400 for Derby, 17,000 for Ipswich, 15,700 for Brighton (!), and 16,800 for Peterborough. Now, the real reason those numbers move around is mostly comps and sometimes group bookings.

But allowing that all these numbers include an element of each, we suddenly get home gates of 19,000 for Huddersfield and 18,300 for Wednesday. We typically sell about 3,000 home tickets at standard prices. You would be talking about a massive uplift on that (66% or more), which in the real world doesn't happen except when we play someone like Palace. Indeed, the club can't sell the volume of tickets on the day that it would imply. It simply doesn't have the infrastructure to cope.

The uplift is cheap and/or free tickets, which by the way is fine. In principle I support that approach, whatever the motivation, but it isn't a spontaneous surge in support and therefore you shouldn't expect to see it week-on-week unless the same deals are in place to the same extent.
  • Options
    It wasn't a fiasco, it was a defeat. Anyone who is deterred from going to football just because their team doesn't win isn't going to last long.

Wow, common sense view on CL.
  • Options

The East was a lot busier than normal, there was a biet in, and the refreshment kiosks has massive queues at half time (even before half time). I didn't think the other areas of the ground seemed that much more busy than normal.

My cousin picked me up 3 tickets for the east stand on Friday the girl in the ticket office assured him they were for near the half way line they were in fact in block B in the corner adjacent to the JS stand.this allowed a good view of the entertainment provided by tango and the Charlton kids ( kids won) .On the pitch crap football but goo

• Options
    15000 at Millwall for a cup game? Fair play to them. We would not get that many for Villa if we ever got to the 4th round
  • Options

15000 at Millwall for a cup game? Fair play to them. We would not get that many for Villa if we ever got to the 4th round

Sorry?

• Options

Disagree. I think we'd have got 20,000.
  • Options

Disagree. I think we'd have got 20,000.
    Agree with sensible pricing
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Sorry but I also have to disagree, we'd have easily got over 20,000.
  • Options
    Unless the club say that they are putting out a first eleven and take the cup seriously. I don't care if we draw Villa or Chelsea at home. I won't be going. Been ripped off once too often.
  • Options
    We'd put out a strong side against PL opposition, look at Fulham last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We'd put out a strong side against PL opposition, look at Fulham last year.

Yep I make you right. Great in it. We draw Chelsea at home where we are unlikely to progress and play our best 11 and a reserve team against Huddersfield where we had a great chance to progress but pick reserves and ne'er do wells. On that basis I'm out.