Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Hulse signs for Millwall

Comments

• Plaaayer said:

Wouldn't happen at our place *cough, Mooney*.

Spot on
  • Football fans can be knobs. Hulse is a good pro and is better off out of there. They will be the poorer for it IMHO. As for Mooney. I didn't like the stick he got from our knobs either.
  • He didn't get stick from mine
  • Have to agree, SHG.
  • edited April 2013
    I hope that wherever Hulse goes next year, he puts a hat-trick past them.

I can also see KJ resigning soon or taking the next job he's offered elsewhere if the fans keep up (nothing suggests they'll stop), they're undoing a lot of the hard work he's putting in for a manager and in any case, I think he's too good for them.
  • edited April 2013
    Mooney and Hulse may have had stick from their 'fans' but they were miles apart in terms of ability. The latter did a good job for us not prolific in front of goal, as wasn't the former but Hulse was a very good target man who's efforts this season, when we were short of Yann and Ric up front, should not be forgotten especially away at Leeds, Bristol and Burnley, where he played a major part in our fantastic away record.
  • As Hulse was released by QPR, I'd take him back, if we can't come up with a better option.
  • I'd have him back as an option
  • yep agree, I'd have Hulse back - good back up
  • Yep, and bag the winner against the spanners
  • Sponsored links:

• I was disappointed when he went. SCP said he would have liked to have kept him but didn't have the budget to do so.

He would probably be happy to be 3rd or 4th choice.
  • At the moment he would be number two in the pecking order of two.
  • A player with the right attitude and team ethic. Already proven that he fits in.

But he is 33. In my heart I guess I'd like a younger quicker version.

• No thanks.

This made me laugh out loud.....so true at moment too.
  • no from me ..keen /willing /a decent pro but doesnt score enough goals

seems a wholehearted decent type though

Does this mean that Yann is both our first choice and last choice senior striker ?
  • after p1$$ing off all and sundry down at the new dump, imo he worth at least a knighthood.
  • I'd have him as a back up to Yann, or just simply as another striker at the moment.
  • se9addick said:

At the moment he would be number two in the pecking order of two.

Does this mean that Yann is both our first choice and last choice senior striker ?
    'Fraid so! Only four days till Welling....

• Sponsored links:

• Absolutely useless, his best years are long gone.
  • Absolutely useless, his best years are long gone.

He played like that to escape :-)

• Depending on what he's looking for wages wise, he would seem a very sensible signing on a free. getting on a bit, but doesn't really have a game based around pace and has been a consistently decent Championship player for a good few years. Seemed to play fairly well for us last season and can do some of what Yann does so offers some kind of cover for our talisman.

Dunno how likely it is, but would imagine we'd all be pretty happy if we started next season with Yann, Hulse, Simeon Jackson and Obika in our squad.

• No thanks
  • Beggars can't be choosers
  • No thanks ..........I was up at Molineux and the guy missed TWICE from 2 yards out and then in the final minute put a header wide when unmarked.

Pony.
  • No thanks ..........I was up at Molineux and the guy missed TWICE from 2 yards out and then in the final minute put a header wide when unmarked.

Pony.

I saw Thierry Henry do that once...

Pony.

I saw Thierry Henry do that once...
    Pony.

• Depending on what he's looking for wages wise, he would seem a very sensible signing on a free. getting on a bit, but doesn't really have a game based around pace and has been a consistently decent Championship player for a good few years. Seemed to play fairly well for us last season and can do some of what Yann does so offers some kind of cover for our talisman.

Dunno how likely it is, but would imagine we'd all be pretty happy if we started next season with Yann, Hulse, Simeon Jackson and Obika in our squad.

Unless the Russians do come in I think its highly unlikely that we would be able to afford all 3 probably already spent most of our budget on Gower
  • I'd have him back not a goalscorer but worked hard and caused problems with his hold up play. Don't think he'd be against coming back here either