Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Hulse signs for Millwall

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Still amazes me how many people rated him
  • Options
    Decent player and hard worker. Getting on a bit now and isn't the sort of player to lead a promotion push, but if we're struggling to get the money together for younger and better players then I'd be happy to have him back, decent to have around at this level and knows the place and the players a bit from last year.
  • Options

No thanks ..........I was up at Molineux and the guy missed TWICE from 2 yards out and then in the final minute put a header wide when unmarked.

Pony.

My understanding was that he "opted" to put that last header wide. At least that's what our mate News Hopper said at the time.
  • Options

Depending on what he's looking for wages wise, he would seem a very sensible signing on a free. getting on a bit, but doesn't really have a game based around pace and has been a consistently decent Championship player for a good few years. Seemed to play fairly well for us last season and can do some of what Yann does so offers some kind of cover for our talisman.

Dunno how likely it is, but would imagine we'd all be pretty happy if we started next season with Yann, Hulse, Simeon Jackson and Obika in our squad.

Unless the Russians do come in I think its highly unlikely that we would be able to afford all 3 probably already spent most of our budget on Gower
    There's no way most of our budget has been spent on Gower. We only have 1 senuor striker, we need at least 2 more if not 3.

Doesn't seem too unrealistic to me. Obika did well for us but it's too early to say he's proven at this level. Hulse is coming towards the end of his career. Jackson has spent most of his career playing below this level.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Depending on what he's looking for wages wise, he would seem a very sensible signing on a free. getting on a bit, but doesn't really have a game based around pace and has been a consistently decent Championship player for a good few years. Seemed to play fairly well for us last season and can do some of what Yann does so offers some kind of cover for our talisman.

Dunno how likely it is, but would imagine we'd all be pretty happy if we started next season with Yann, Hulse, Simeon Jackson and Obika in our squad.

Unless the Russians do come in I think its highly unlikely that we would be able to afford all 3 probably already spent most of our budget on Gower
    There's no way most of our budget has been spent on Gower. We only have 1 senuor striker, we need at least 2 more if not 3.

Doesn't seem too unrealistic to me. Obika did well for us but it's too early to say he's proven at this level. Hulse is coming towards the end of his career. Jackson has spent most of his career playing below this level.
    Dont know the exact figures but Gower was on roughly 8k at swansea i reckon we are paying him at least 4 maybe 5.And considering Slater has already said there is no money at the club i doubt we can afford 3 more strikers especially 3 premier league or ex premier league players
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I thought Hulse did a good job for us. He had a mare away to Wolves where his misses cost points but other than that he was very decent I thought. As a squad player, somebody we could call on when we have injuries, I think we could do a lot worse.
  • Options

I thought Hulse did a good job for us. He had a mare away to Wolves where his misses cost points but other than that he was very decent I thought. As a squad player, somebody we could call on when we have injuries, I think we could do a lot worse.

Agree. Wouldn't be gutted to see him back although it would mean we are without funds.

• Options

Scoham said:

Dont know the exact figures but Gower was on roughly 8k at swansea i reckon we are paying him at least 4 maybe 5.And considering Slater has already said there is no money at the club i doubt we can afford 3 more strikers especially 3 premier league or ex premier league players
    Being reserve or squad players at a Prem club doesn't make them Prem players. Obika is unproven and Hulse is coming towards the end of his career.

Jackson might turn out to be too expensive but the other two won't do much better than an average Championship side like us.

We'll need a bigger squad just to stay in this league. I'm sure we'll sign at least 2 strikers. Really I'd expect 3 and probably another 2/3 in other positions. We might have "no money", but that won't mean having only 1 senior striker in the squad all season.
  • Options
    Well said, Scoham - the voice of reason.