Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Following Charlton away

2»

Comments

• Options
    68/69 i went to most of the away games in London. I remember Charlton going 2-0 up at millwally,and my dad and his mates telling me to be quiet as we were surrounded by some rather dodgy looking home team fans. Charlton of course made it easier for us to get out alive by losing 3-2. We played palarse away twice that year and i remember that part of the terrace was a grassy bank with concrete halfway down. I was ten/eleven that season. I left school in 1974 and started going to away games. Some really good days were had in the 70s&80s mostly involved drinking on the train and getting in pubs as early as possible.
  • Options

1st was Colchester in the cup 1982?
    Then from 1986ish onwards.
    Tales would follow a similar theme such as;
    Meet at westhorne ave off license. Buy bottle of scotch, gin, lemonade and coke. Tip half of lemonade and coke away. Fill up bottles with gin and scotch. Get coach at well hall. Need a piss before the m1. Fall asleep before daventry. arrive at destination.Get dragged around northern hole looking for a specific pub that sold fishermans cod piece ale or some other strangely named bitter. Arrive at ground and agree a lie on how many fans we took. Watch charlton lose. Get back on coach and moan about charlton losing. Finish any remaining drink. Sleep it all off. Arrive back at well hall. Go to pub. Go to curry house.

Exactly how I remember them lol
  • Options
    Been going to away games since the early 70's so many a tale to tell about 70's, 80's 90's and the pwoper naughties
  • Options
    Anyone know of anyone who was following us in the 50s? Is Jean Tyndall still attending?
  • Options
    (Sir) Henry is............
  • Options

Anyone know of anyone who was following us in the 50s? Is Jean Tyndall still attending?

Yes. She stewards the Bromley coach.
  • Options

Aha busted! There's no book, it was all a ruse to locate Jean from all those years ago! I suspect another 'Adrian' situation folks :-o
  • Options
    I can think of a few on here who still think it's the Fifties.
  • Options

Damn, rumbled!

Aha busted! There's no book, it was all a ruse to locate Jean from all those years ago! I suspect another 'Adrian' situation folks :-o