Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players you saw play for other clubs but not us

Comments

• Options
    Have only chosen those who actually played for Charlton since I started supporting. 

Mike Small
    Jim Stannard
    Matt Elliott
    Michael Turner

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Simonsen said:
    Dick Tydeman, Peter Shaw and Colin Powell for Gillingham.

Billy Bonds for West Ham.

Ritchie Bowman also played for the Gills around that time. 
    Yes, he could well have been in the team that day at Brentford (or indeed at The Priestfield because I went to the away game too...Chris Kamara scored). 
  • Options
    I have now seen Harry Arter play for Charlton. 
  • Options
    Having moved Arter to the list of players I have seen play for us I have two additions to this list in Matt Smith Doncaster and Paul Smyth Leyton Orient. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Having moved Arter to the list of players I have seen play for us I have two additions to this list in Matt Smith Doncaster and Paul Smyth Leyton Orient. 
    I wasn't there tonight, so can only add Matt Smith the 2nd!
  • Options
    I saw Josh Umerah play for Wealdstone earlier this season, but sadly for this thread have also seen him play for us. Indeed I was there for both his league appearances, a 1-1 draw at Southend and the glorious 6-0 defeat at Hull  :D

Harry Pell (who scored twice for Accrington against us) never made a 1st team appearance for us
  • Options
    Rob lee
    Linvoy Primus springs to mind for some reason
  • Options
    I was watching Dartford today, who had Ade Azeez up front (he didn't play well)

He only made one appearance for Charlton, a sub appearance in the FA Cup against Huddersfield in 2013

Unfortunately for this thread, I can't remember whether I went to that game or not  :D
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Was at Wealdstone Bromley vs Aldershot today.

Vennings played for Wealdstone Bromley, but I've seen him play for us in the Championship. Karoy Anderson is on loan at Aldershot  and I never saw (in person) his only appearance for us in the pizza cup, so for the time being can be added to this category
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Corey Gibbs 
  • Options
    Matt Penney for Motherwell v Hearts last September when the well lost 3-0
  • Options
    Derek Hales playing for Gillingham
    Garry Nelson playing for Plymouth
    Rainy night at Gillingham and cold

• Options
    Marvin Hinton (Chelsea)
    John Sewell (Palace)
  • Options
    Mike Bailey (Wolves)
    Derek Woodley (Gillingham)
  • Options
    Gordon Bolland (Millwall)
    Vic Hallom (Sheff Utd)
  • Options

You never saw Hales or Nelson play for us ? 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Was at Wealdstone vs Aldershot today.

Vennings played for Wealdstone, but I've seen him play for us in the Championship. Karoy Anderson is on loan at Aldershot  and I never saw (in person) his only appearance for us in the pizza cup, so for the time being can be added to this category
    Err been drinking?
    You were at Bromley v Aldershot.
  • Options
    Rob Lee
    Jason Lee

• Options
    Was at Wealdstone vs Aldershot today.

Vennings played for Wealdstone, but I've seen him play for us in the Championship. Karoy Anderson is on loan at Aldershot  and I never saw (in person) his only appearance for us in the pizza cup, so for the time being can be added to this category
    Err been drinking?
    You were at Bromley v Aldershot.
    Yes and yes  :)

I had Wealdstone stuck on my mind, as I used Wealdstone to search for this thread, as I knew I had posted here after going to a Wealdstone game...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I am on holiday atm I wonder if Todd Kane will be added to my list.
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
  • Options
    Paul Walsh
  • Options
    Paul Walsh easily, possibly Gordon Watson too. Lots of kids who would have sadly started supporting us the season we got relegated from the Premier league will have seen Lisbie play against and score several times against us 

Jamal Campbell-Ryce I dont recall playing for us as I think and am happy to be proven wrong here, Lloyd Sam was ahead of him in the queue and Thomas had signed and jumped ahead of him as well 
  • Options
    Billy Bonds
    Gordan Bolland

• Options
    Rob Lee
    Jason Lee

Rob Lee
    Jason Lee

Robert Lee when he played for us :-)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Hales, Flanagan and Powell were my favourite players. I saw Hales play again against Preston when at Gillingham. He had lost a lot of pace Lawrenson Centre Half caught him up easily, even when he had 5 yards start. I knew then he was a mere shadow of himself at the end of his career.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Hales, Flanagan and Powell were my favourite players. I saw Hales play again against Preston when at Gillingham. He had lost a lot of pace Lawrenson Centre Half caught him up easily, even when he had 5 yards start. I knew then he was a mere shadow of himself at the end of his career.
    This thread is "Charlton players you saw play for other clubs but not us". 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Paul Walsh easily, possibly Gordon Watson too. Lots of kids who would have sadly started supporting us the season we got relegated from the Premier league will have seen Lisbie play against and score several times against us 

Jamal Campbell-Ryce I dont recall playing for us as I think and am happy to be proven wrong here, Lloyd Sam was ahead of him in the queue and Thomas had signed and jumped ahead of him as well 
    JCR made a couple of appearances in the prem days, sure he started one game, not sure if it was a cup game but I saw him play for us. 
  • Options
    Andy Gray , saw the brace he scored for Burnley at The Valley but never saw him for us.