Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C.Palace vs. Charlton Ath | 2nd February 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Make a note of this rarity fellow sufferers... a win prediction from Soaps, 1-3 to the Addicks!
  • Options
    3-0 stroll for the stripeys I fear.
  • Options
    Palace are due a decent result or two and hard work and effort can only get you so far, so another defeat i reckon, palace scoring 2 at least and we score 1 at most
  • Options
    As the Nigels set up in a 4-2-3-1 system, I would expect us to go 4-5-1 again to match up in midfield, especially as we don't seem to have strong enough midfielders to be able to play two in there.
    I'd play Dervite as the Defensive screen, as part of the three man Central midfield, as at Leeds & Wolves.
    A draw will be a sound result and one more point closer to 50.
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options
    2-0 comfortable win for Charlton. Jackson and Yann with the goals either side of half time.
  • Options
    I cd be persuaded if anyone has two spares
  • Options
    CEJ says Palace haven't won in 11.
  • Options

CEJ says Palace haven't won in 11.

They beat Wolves on January 1st; they've played 5 games since then (2 of them being Stoke)
  • Options
    CEJ's a twat :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has Kermorgant being a hero all over it. 2-0 Kerm '16 min and '48min.
  • Options
    Since they ran rings round us at the Valley I expect more of the same sadly. Think Zaha will show his Premier class and we will get easily beaten 3-0 without having a good chance all game. Will be a miserable evening after that.....
  • Options
    We play better against better teams, so I can see us winning this one.
  • Options
    0-3 and Charlton Life the place to avoid for a week
  • Options
    A narrow defeat I'm afraid. I think Holloway will have laid into them after their (apparent) non-display at Huddersfield. A draw would suit me fine however
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    No chance at all. They will look a league above us and leave us standing in most positions, though our defence will do more than their fair share in an attempt to salvage some face. 0-2 or 0-1.
    I'm already looking forward to Brum.
  • Options
    Lets not be defeatist! I'm sure CP and the players know the importance of this match...and Palace aren't up to much right now...plus there will be 3,000 of us ...
    All will be clear in the first 15 minutes of each half - I hope Haynes and Fuller make an appearance at some point and rate the current set of lads to deliver on the day - maybe we sneak a result ?
  • Options
    Lets not be defeatist! I'm sure CP and the players know the importance of this match...and Palace aren't up to much right now...plus there will be 3,000 of us ...
    All will be clear in the first 15 minutes of each half - I hope Haynes and Fuller make an appearance at some point and rate the current set of lads to deliver on the day - maybe we sneak a result ?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I hope you are right mate, I really do. I'll be dancing around the lounge laughing.
  • Options
    Well, saying yessssss and clenching my fist a bit anyway. ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not local and whilst I fully understand the millwall rivalry Palace is mine

My first years of following charlton were 86-90 bad times for us and always remember norwood junction after the play off in 95 taking a dig in front of my dad (rip) and Auntie bad times

I have never ever hated a club as much as palace and never will

For me its a selhhurst thing
  • Options
    They attack we defend. 1 - 1.
  • Options

I'm not local and whilst I fully understand the millwall rivalry Palace is mine

My first years of following charlton were 86-90 bad times for us and always remember norwood junction after the play off in 95 taking a dig in front of my dad (rip) and Auntie bad times

I have never ever hated a club as much as palace and never will

For me its a selhhurst thing

I am a "local" and I still hate Palace more!

I'm really not confident however, but if the players play to their best we can win. Sounds like their Aussie midfielder might be out which is good for us, plus if they lost to Huddersfield (who we know well from playing them 78,000 times in the last three seasons) the other day they can't be all that, can they ?
  • Options
    If we get a draw that would be a great result but I see this as a win for the Palarse
  • Options
    Just hope all our new signings fit in well! Then I think we might have a chance?
  • Options
    Anybody else noticed we've played Palace at Selhurst 6 times since 1995, and every single one has ended 1-0, 3 for us, 3 for them...

I've got no idea what the score will be tomorrow.
  • Options
    This could be a long afternoon.
  • Options
    my first away game of the season, I'm not expecting much (other than I'll be watching the game through semi drunken haze).....my dream would be a Yann 90th min winner
  • Options
    3-2 to us think we have a point to prove
  • Options
    2-0 us, Morrison and Wagstaff!