Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie

Wilson. I've seen mixed reviews about him on CL, am I the only one who does not rate him at all? I've seen him have one good game for us and that was when the rest of the team had a good day too, he just seems to be floating around the pitch asking for a pass on the wing, gets it then either turns and goes back, or loses it. Doesn't skin any players and just dances around a player rather than going in for a tackle, a lot of the time.

Maybe bias as I'm not a huge fan of his, but when you compare someone like Wagstaff to him, it's easy to see a) who wants a starting place more b) who has more quality on show.

Anyone agree/disagree

Comments

• Options
    I think Wilson has been excellent .
  • Options
    Doesnt skin any players?! Not sure what games you go to but it can't be the same Charlton ones I've been to! At times the only player who actually does look capable of taking on a full back.
  • Options
    No away games recently, but home matches, maybe I'm just not a fan of his so view him in a bad light but @ Sheff Weds I don't recall him causing any problems at all
  • Options

I think Wilson has been excellent .

agree, apart from his debut he has been more than decent

• Options
    No-one caused Wednesday many problems, that's why we lost and looked shite
  • Options

No away games recently, but home matches, maybe I'm just not a fan of his so view him in a bad light but @ Sheff Weds I don't recall him causing any problems at all

Wednesday at home was one of the worst games he's had for a while, would'nt put too much stock in it. Away from home the formation suits us a lot better, the team seems to play better football and he shows real quality. Much faster than he looks also.
  • Options
    Against sheff weds he was pretty poor in the second half and never wanted to try and get past the full back. Waiting for solly to make the run rather than himself. That was the only time I’ve seen him do that. Otherwise he does try and get past players. odd on Saturday that he looked nervous about tacking on the defender. Fitness? Nerves? Tactics?
  • Options
    Ill admit I didnt rate him in his first couple of games.

Really like him now though and think he puts some great balls into the danger area. Also works his ballacks off and has a beautiful barnet.
  • Options
    I think he's a good player, but not as good as some other's rate him here on CL. Probably our best option for both attack/defence at RM. I'm a fan of Green, but defensively he doesn't offer as much quality as Wilson.
  • Options
    You might be disappointed if you're looking for another Messi - but he's strong, has a fantastic engine and does the simple things well.

He's a cornerstone of the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on Oggy sums Lawris up nicely for me
  • Options
    He wasn't at his best v weds but got into the box a few times. When he did he opted to pass when a shot was on.

Has done well. Not sure how you can say you "don't rate him at all". Scores and creates, defends well and other than v Weds get stuck in. Not a world beater and maybe not a right back but better than Green or Waggy on the right.
  • Options
    I'm impressed, he took a few matches to settle in and get up to speed but works hard and is a good team player.

• Options
    I was forgetting that, BFR ...... he first had to make the step up a division, for the 3rd successive season.

Easy to overlook that he was playing in the Conference 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Fair, I'll keep a closer eye on him next match and next away, I can imagine him fitting in better away from home when the home team bring it to us but for the games I've seen he just seems a tad lost, but I guess being alongside players like Pritchard who cover ridiculous amounts of grass, it's hard to look good
  • Options
    Hard work gets you a long way at this level and he always puts in a shift.

Good signing.
  • Options
    Don't rate him at all at right back. However, he is by far our best option at right midfield.
  • Options
    I haven't been overly impressed with him. He was awful at right back, slightly better at rm, not worth half a mill IMO. Unless he bangs in the winner on Saturday of course
  • Options
    Needs to work on his crossing and passing. His end product is so frustrating because he gets in to dangerous positions quite regularly.
  • Options
    My player of the season so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilson is high tempo and what he lacks in strength he makes up for in overall work rate (like wagstaff). Too many people underestimate the importance of high tempo harrying of the opposition.
  • Options
    Have to say on his return waggy has looked far more trouble to defenders
  • Options

I'm impressed, he took a few matches to settle in and get up to speed but works hard and is a good team player.

Exactly
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Don't rate him at all at right back. However, he is by far our best option at right midfield.

Agree
  • Options

I agree. The side looks in better shape with him in it
  • Options
    Up there with Pritch in terms of energy.
    For me he has been one of the best players this season and is one of the first names on the teamsheet.
  • Options

Wilson. I've seen mixed reviews about him on CL, am I the only one who does not rate him at all? I've seen him have one good game for us and that was when the rest of the team had a good day too, he just seems to be floating around the pitch asking for a pass on the wing, gets it then either turns and goes back, or loses it. Doesn't skin any players and just dances around a player rather than going in for a tackle, a lot of the time.

Maybe bias as I'm not a huge fan of his, but when you compare someone like Wagstaff to him, it's easy to see a) who wants a starting place more b) who has more quality on show.

Anyone agree/disagree

IMO he's been our most consistent performer (apart from Solly obviously)...
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Anyone agree/disagree

IMO he's been our most consistent performer (apart from Solly obviously)...
    Ooooo cousin
  • Options
    Haha. Double beatings in store...
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

I haven't been overly impressed with him. He was awful at right back, slightly better at rm, not worth half a mill IMO. Unless he bangs in the winner on Saturday of course

It's a good thing he didn't cost us half a mill then.....

Absolute bargain and has been one of our best players this season.