Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reasons I hate modern football

1. Stoke fans on Sky sincerely chanting "USA, USA, USA" to a previously unknown American mercenary/ player turned up to possibly sign for them.

Comments

• Ha. Thought the same.
  • As bad as our fans singing "Arsenal, Arsenal" at a mid week match at Old Trafford during our EPL days many years ago.
  • That will be hard to live down...especially if he's crap!
  • Anyone else here that Spurs mug call c*nt just as they went back to the studio
  • I remember Danny Baker turning up on TV with a t-shirt saying something in Russian after MNillwall signed two Russian players back in the 90s. Probably two of the worst signings any football team have ever made, both were unfit and one got nicked for drinking and driving.
  • Jayajosh said:

As bad as our fans singing "Arsenal, Arsenal" at a mid week match at Old Trafford during our EPL days many years ago.

I've never been so embarrassed to be a Charlton fan that night.

2. It's £32 on Saturday.
  • Tv companies banging on about the magic of the cup........

5th round matches on tv include Man Utd at home to Reading.
  • That night at OT was the most annoyed I have ever felt with my fellow fans complete pricks every single one of them that Evening

I hope none of them even still grace our ground
  • Jayajosh said:

As bad as our fans singing "Arsenal, Arsenal" at a mid week match at Old Trafford during our EPL days many years ago.

That was ridiculous.
  • Ordinary players getting 100,000 a week - obscene.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

Tv companies banging on about the magic of the cup........

really pisses me off this, man u vs fulham in the cup on tele now this.
  • Sky banging on and gushing about how many fucking hours and minutes to go 'till 'the deadline', stood outside numerous shite football grounds pretending they, and the whole football fraternity are wetting 'em selves about what's gonna happen.
  • Simon Jordan
  • Roman Abramovic and everything he has brought with him. (except possibly the tottie)
  • Simon Jordan

I quite like him.

• Jayajosh said:

Why were we doing this?

Can someone explain??
  • I remember the Arsenal chants at Old Trafford when we played them on the last day of the season after Arsenal had won the league there in the midweek game a few days before.
  • Jayajosh said:

Why were we doing this?

Can someone explain??
    They were chanting stand up for the champions and arsenal were top at the time.
  • Simon Jordan

I quite like him.

I would love to give the guy a slap! I really really dislike the obnoxious arrogant prick.
  • It was solely because we had a group of divs that sat together and were groovy
  • Sponsored links:

• The renaming of the divisions and the dropping of all football history beyond 1992. The renaming of Div 1 to The Premiership was 'kin annoying, but the renaming Division 2 first to Division 1 and then to Championship is absolutely crass in its stupidity.
  • Mike said:

colthe3rd said:

Tv companies banging on about the magic of the cup........

really pisses me off this, man u vs fulham in the cup on tele now this.
    Apparently every FA Cup tie Man U have played in since 2005 has been televised

• Goal music, ticket prices, games moved for TV to stupid days and times, Sky in general, sponsored grounds, teams who've changed their name for a sponsor, Lego stadiums, foreign ownership, player wages, the 'Champions League', the Euros and World Cup purely being money making exercises, then last but not least, people in England who think they're ultras.
  • None footballing minds commenting on football, funny though!
  • edited February 2013

Jayajosh said:

Why were we doing this?

Can someone explain??

They were chanting stand up for the champions and arsenal were top at the time.

• 1.Crap plastic generic bowl type souless new grounds.
    2. Seats.
  • edited February 2013
    John Terry
    Ashley Cole
    Mario Balotelli
    Rio Ferdinand
    Joey Barton

among many, many others

Sky Subscribers who complain about modern football but perpetuate the whole ridiculous premiership-obsessed circus by continuing to hand over their cash to Murdoch so he can keep paying the big clubs to kill the rest of football. It's like giving your money to the IRA and then complaining about the violence.

• Pundits, I know how the game is played, I dont want to hear some washed up old footballer analyze a game. Especially Mark 'I like a big man sweeping up behind me' Lawrenson.
  • edited February 2013
    its worse when they aren't even footballers, the new breed of sky sports generic presenter types..
  • the way our identity as english fans has slowly but surely been taken away by overzealous authorties in what ever guise they see fit... not enough carrot and too much stick!