Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That striker Clarke who never really played for us

2»

Comments

• Options
    Personally I don't think he ever recovered from that career threatening injury...

You know, the one where he kicked the advertising board while celebrating and breaking his toe

Doughnut
  • Options
    The kind of player that thrives where he's being indulged at a club where he's at the centre of things. There's talent in there, but not the work ethic when things aren't going his way. It's that small margin that's the difference between a top player and a lower league journeyman. Clarke's failed at bigger clubs than us.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

The kind of player that thrives where he's being indulged at a club where he's at the centre of things. There's talent in there, but not the work ethic when things aren't going his way. It's that small margin that's the difference between a top player and a lower league journeyman. Clarke's failed at bigger clubs than us.

A very perceptive and possibly 100% accurate opinion .. the same could apply to a lot of players for whom ego is everything
  • Options
    He has a bad attitude. He wasn't rated at Cheltenham despite being one of the leagues top scorers while he was there. Some people here don't rate BWP despite the number of goals he has scored for us. Who would you rather have someone like Yann who gives 100% each game whether its going for him or not but might not score that many goals or Clarke who might score goals but has a bad attitude?
  • Options
    As Morts intimated - he needs to be the big fish in a small pond.
  • Options

The kind of player that thrives where he's being indulged at a club where he's at the centre of things. There's talent in there, but not the work ethic when things aren't going his way. It's that small margin that's the difference between a top player and a lower league journeyman. Clarke's failed at massiver clubs than us.

Fixed
  • Options

He has a bad attitude. He wasn't rated at Cheltenham despite being one of the leagues top scorers while he was there. Some people here don't rate BWP despite the number of goals he has scored for us. Who would you rather have someone like Yann who gives 100% each game whether its going for him or not but might not score that many goals or Clarke who might score goals but has a bad attitude?

Bad attitude please.
  • Options
    Yawn.
  • Options
    Scored again
  • Options
    Why doesn't anyone give us match by match reports on ex-goalkeepers making saves for their current teams? I for one would welcome this interesting development.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unfortunately Sky do not report saves but only goals, a bit one sided but .........
  • Options
    Top striker
    Knows where the goals is?
    Never ever given a chance at Charlton
  • Options
    I dont understand this one,if a bad attitude we must have known that after the bust up with Di Canio.He was outed very quickly.
  • Options
    Amazing how many jumped on the "We should have kept Hulse cos he scored against a conference side, and we wouldn't have lost against Hull" bandwagon on Twitter yesterday.
  • Options

I dont understand this one,if a bad attitude we must have known that after the bust up with Di Canio.He was outed very quickly.

Di Canio has got a bad attitude, I agree.
  • Options
    Sorry ,what i meant was CP must have known what bust up was about,yet signed him,and outed him in no time at all.I thought that it was the norm to speak to previouse clubs re players attitude to training etc......Perhaps had glowing report?????????
  • Options
    Paul Benson scored again yesterday. But I don't think we should be getting him back either.
  • Options
    How's Dickson doing in Cyprus? :-)

• Options
    He's been shipped out to China having fallen out with his coach. Odd career.
  • Options
    They all did Clarke,Benson,Burton,hulse,Abbott! Get um all back!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They all did Clarke,Benson,Burton,hulse,Abbott! Get um all back!

Don't forget N'Guessan
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Sorry ,what i meant was CP must have known what bust up was about,yet signed him,and outed him in no time at all.I thought that it was the norm to speak to previouse clubs re players attitude to training etc......Perhaps had glowing report?????????

The question is to what extent Chris Powell made the decision to sign him and to what extent the idea came from elsewhere. If it was more the latter then what happened makes more sense.
  • Options
    My only issue was we should have got some cash for him.
  • Options

My only issue was we should have got some cash for him.

Agreed. I'm really disappointed we declined all those cash offers we got over the last year.
    Oh hang on a minute, there weren't any ! Unless you know better :-)