Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex McLeish Leaves Forest

Comments

• Options
    "Both parties entered into the relationship in good faith, however, there was a difference in the understanding of the development strategy of the football club and it was felt by both parties that we should part company."

In other words McLeish thought they would be buying players & going for promotion & they didn't.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Seeing that picture of Appleton, I'd never realised how much he looks like one of these:

• Options
    Di canio would be very interesting
  • Options

Can't be Adkins he wears glasses. ;)

Ha Ha Ha!
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Why they ever appointed him in the first place I will never know, The bloke has left behind a trail of destruction whereever he has been.Rangers,Scotland,Birmingham,Villa. Forest must be bricking it now.

Must admit, thats true.
    Never did like him - surely a bit of leverage has been applied here in order to get Adkins in.

So true - although he didn't do too badly with Hibs or Scotland and he did actually get Birmingham promoted and win the League Cup with them. They were very negative the season they got releagated and again at Villa. Although i think Villa's problems were / are bigger than McLeish.

Mark Hughes seems to have a knack of getting jobs with minted owners - see Man City and QPR - so I'll back him to turn up at Forest at some point.
  • Options
    Fans never really seemd to warm to him and the recent disputes over transfers hardly suggested a happy relationship.

• Options
    McLeish will probably be on the BeeB soon as a Pundit. Just what we need, another scottish exspurt
  • Options
    This is what happens when you let someone from the middle east buy your club, tbf I think football it is heading for a massive shake up at this rate.
  • Options

This is what happens when you let someone from the middle east buy your club, tbf I think football it is heading for a massive shake up at this rate.

Or Sheikh up even.
  • Options

This is what happens if you let the wrong sort of people from the middle east buy your club.

Im just correcting you as would hate for you to come across as a mindless xenophobic football fan. :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

George Boyd's eyesight to blame.

This fellas eye sight don't look much better, surprised he ain't got the Forest job yet , i mean he's been at Blackburn for all of eh 2 weeks?

Interesting.

• Options
    Wow, take Adkins out of the list of managers on Sky and shows you how little managerial talent is out there at the moment, how Curbs would not get a job ahead of the rest is beyond me.
  • Options

Interesting.

Brilliant.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

He did great at Rangers and Scotland

Agreed. I don't think Rangers were ever out of the top 2.
    I thought he'd fail, but would last longer than that.
    They came 3rd in 05-06...
  • Options
    Blimey , that pic of Appleton popped up as i opened this thread again , thought i'd stumbled on Freddie Kruger , frightened the pants off me! :-0
  • Options
    Adrian Kajumba ‏@AdrianJKajumba

Hearing Paul Hart one of the names in the frame for #nffc job #cafc
    Retweeted by Richard Cawley
  • Options
    Can't see it.

Either a "big name" set for a fall or Adkins.
  • Options

Can't see it.

You're not the first.

• Options
    Di Canio?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well is the big name they're looking for! These clown owners haven't got a clue.
  • Options
    chazza said:

Well is the big name arse they're looking for! These clown owners haven't got a clue.

• Options
    Why is it that clubs change their manager just before playing us? Happened with Blackburn, Bolton, now Forest.
    Still, a collective sigh of releif for their fans I'd imagine. County are without a manager as well, maybe McLeish can go there for a couple of months.
  • Options
    Billy Davis in the frame just turned down the Blackpool job
  • Options
    never go back don't they say
  • Options
    So which set of owners are the biggest joke in football: the Venkys of Blackburn or the Al Hasawi clan?
  • Options
    Al Hasawi IMO, Venkys at worst just seem a little detached or unknowledgeable about how english football works.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

That'll be the Billy Davies who was sacked by the previous Forest board, having fallen out with them, due to their lack of spending.

I'll give him a month :-)

• Options

Dansk_Red said:

That'll be the Billy Davies who was sacked by the previous Forest board, having fallen out with them, due to their lack of spending.

I'll give him a month :-)

The BBC reckon that Davies is the front runner. He should not have been sacked in the first place .. or did he resign over lack of funds to buy players?. If the latter, it seems there is no money for him to spend on loans this time around.