Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Eltham Fiveways Burger King to be replaced by 91-bed hotel

2»

Comments

• Options

Can't we just have the Crossways back?

seen many a fracas in there...

Don't mention the Grey being a McD's either or I will cry!

Ditto regarding the Crossways. Used to be my local.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2013
    Swisdom said:

DA9 said:

Swisdom said:

We've got one going up in Dartford too - opposite the old Co Op (which is about to become a large number of flats)

Must be in readiness for the millions or tourists that will be coming to the Paramount theme park

Does that mean the stage door is on the way out? (excuse the pun)
    No it'll be on the high st. That vacant plot between Bingo and Breeze recruitment

First I heard of this. Will be full of Zens and Fat Sams one night standers.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Used to meet up with birds down The Campomile hotel by the dartford bridge. 50 quid for a room. Absolute shit hole.
  • Options

Used to meet up with birds down The Campomile hotel by the dartford bridge. 50 quid for a room. Absolute shit hole.

Enough about the birds, what were the rooms like?
  • Options

Enough about the birds, what were the rooms like?
    Yeh what was the colour scheme and decor of the rooms? I think me and Guinness can take a wild stab at the quality of the birds !
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Pretty plain and usually large, plus a touch dusty and more often than not, extremely damp in places.

And the rooms were fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Seeing as you probably only got to see the headboard and maybe the ceiling, thanks for the critique...
  • Options
    When we are up from London we tend to stay in Lewisham (mother-in laws), who lives alone and has a two bedroom house so plenty of room. However if we are visiting my old stomping ground (Dartford/Gravesend area) we would book into a hotel in that area. There are plenty of ex-Londoners who go back 'home' and then stay in places that have been previously mentioned.
  • Options

rananegra said:

It's odd how there's so many hotels springing up. I think some of it is down to changes in people's living arrangements, that if they have relatives come to visit they live in such pokey flats they have to go to a hotel. But a lot of it is undoubtedly business. When where I work got bought out by a larger outfit, they got rid of all the local management and brought new ones in, many from the other side of the country. A lot of them stay in hotels Monday to Thursday. Add to that, if you live outside commuting distance from London and get a job here, you probably won't move your family here. Some folks I work with as well who live relatively near tell me its cheaper to stay in a hotel on a night out than get a train then a taxi back if they have a drink.

That's right, met a mate of mine when I was in London last year and it was cheaper for him to pay 30 quid to stay overnight in a Travelodge and get a 'cheaper' train back home next day than get the more expensive 'late' train home.

I stayed in the Travelodge at Tower Hill when I was over a couple of years back, it was very basic but clean and well located - you can't ask for more than that for 35 quid per night!
    Last year we stayed at the Premier at Heathrow for 30 quid, it meant we could travel up there in the afternoon , get up at a sensible time before getting our flight out at 2pm, it was cheaper to do this then get up on the day of the flight at silly 0'clock and pay for a peak period train ticket.
  • Options
    at lot of it is down to price. We went out for a meal after the Millwall game and then thought nothing of paying £40 to stay overnight and having a trip to Bluewater next day. Stayed at Dartford Camponile, nice and clean and very comfortable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that they were building stables at the back of Burger King, therefore cutting out the middle man ;-O
  • Options

Stayed at Dartford Camponile, nice and clean and very comfortable.

So that's how you know Valley Gary?

;o)

• Options
    Seriously what a stupid idea it will cause traffic chaos already cars exiting the Burger King into Green Lane cause all sorts of problems so what the f**k a 91 room hotel will do is anyones guess.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

DA9 said:

Swisdom said:

We've got one going up in Dartford too - opposite the old Co Op (which is about to become a large number of flats)

Must be in readiness for the millions or tourists that will be coming to the Paramount theme park

No it'll be on the high st. That vacant plot between Bingo and Breeze recruitment

That's good, I like The Stage Door.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

DA9 said:

Swisdom said:

So they will get all the fallout from Wetherspoons and Air Breathe who have pulled then

• Options

rananegra said:

It's odd how there's so many hotels springing up. I think some of it is down to changes in people's living arrangements, that if they have relatives come to visit they live in such pokey flats they have to go to a hotel. But a lot of it is undoubtedly business. When where I work got bought out by a larger outfit, they got rid of all the local management and brought new ones in, many from the other side of the country. A lot of them stay in hotels Monday to Thursday. Add to that, if you live outside commuting distance from London and get a job here, you probably won't move your family here. Some folks I work with as well who live relatively near tell me its cheaper to stay in a hotel on a night out than get a train then a taxi back if they have a drink.

That's right, met a mate of mine when I was in London last year and it was cheaper for him to pay 30 quid to stay overnight in a Travelodge and get a 'cheaper' train back home next day than get the more expensive 'late' train home.

I stayed in the Travelodge at Tower Hill when I was over a couple of years back, it was very basic but clean and well located - you can't ask for more than that for 35 quid per night!
    Ex manager at one of our branches in Wandsworth stayed at the Travelodge on York Road during the week, only lived in Ashford.
  • Options
    And as an aside, Travelodge, Hanger Lane, wipe your feet on the way out, worst I have ever stayed in.
  • Options
    Rumour has it, it's being built for the great unwashed of Eltham and New Eltham. DSS only:-)
  • Options
    I offered to buy Colin Powell a pint in The Crossways, which was my local (used to live in Crouch Croft)
  • Options

Rumour has it, it's being built for the great unwashed of Eltham and New Eltham. DSS only:-)

Oh behave! Straight up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Oh behave! Straight up?
    Growth industry I suppose and a captive market nearby on the Coldharbour and Mottingham estates.
  • Options
    Just been looking at the plans online. Looks too "nice" for that sort of thing. Mind you, the architect is hardly gonna draw something that looks like a bob hole is he, I guess.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Oh behave! Straight up?

No, it's on the run from London to the channel ports and that's why they want to build it there.

Says so in the planning application.
  • Options
    There was an article last night on BBC news, Chelsea & Westminster council are putting up familys in a 4 star Jurys Inn in Chelsea, as they have been made homeless due to the reduction in benefit payments allowed to be made to private landlords.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2013

Off_it said:

Oh behave! Straight up?

No, it's on the run from London to the channel ports and that's why they want to build it there.

Says so in the planning application.
    ?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Why are so many hotels springing up and how are they all thriving?! Fair enough the Premier Inn in Swanley is cheap being a PI but who the hell is saying "I'd really like to spend a few nights in Swanley"?!

That PI in Swanley is packed all the time. A cheap alternative to Central London hotels and easy and quick to get into town from Swanley station. Also convenient for M25 A20 and A2 so to summarise, it's in a great location.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Oh behave! Straight up?
    don't be daft , it's only got 91 rooms.
  • Options
    Seems that Burger King are pulling out of many sites. Flogging a dead horse obviously doesn't work.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Seems that Burger King are pulling out of many sites. Flogging a dead horse obviously doesn't work.

Nay...

With things as they are they have got the bit between their teeth

• Options

Fair price if they throw a bird in as well.