Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cedric Evina (ed. Page 9, Signs a New 1-year Contract)

edited July 2013 in General Charlton
Does anyone know if Evina has been offered an extension to his current contract. I think he has done well in the side since he got the first couple of warm up games under his belt and has a couple of decent assists to his name. Would have to lose him to a freebie. That said CP seemed to be reluctant to have faith in him so maybe he is not in the long term plans. Be interesting to see how easy Wiggy gets back into the starting line up.

In our recent run I don't feel Evina has been at fault at all for the defeats.

Comments

• Options
    Think it's worth a chance playing Evina in front of Wiggins. He has done enough to keep his place in the side and is a youngster still learning his trade. Would be a shame to let him go.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    On another thread people suggested that it was Cort, Taylor, Wagstaff and Wright Phillips whose contracts end this summer with everyone else running to 2014. I don't know who tracks this information and how accurate it is.
  • Options
    Think these are correct,plus Kerkar,Evina,Sullivan,Hughes,Dervite and Green?
  • Options
    Pretty sure Evina is out of contract this summer
  • Options
    Then Powell needs to tie him down for another couple of years. Wiggins will struggle to get back in the team at this rate.
  • Options
    Haynes' us up too i think.
    Green got a 3 year deal i thought too.

Not sure what Fuller got when he signed.
  • Options
    Evina has been quality and sat was a very good performance from him
  • Options

Evina has been quality and sat was a very good performance from him

Amazing what playing regularly and gaining a bit of confidence can do.

• Options
    Whatever happened to a song for Evina?
  • Options
    Put Wiggins back asap in my opinion. Better all round player especially going forward. He created loads for us last season and again imo was our most creative player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evina is a better defender imo and rapid too, Wiggins looked out of sorts before his injury, and I doubt putting him back in instead of Ceddy will do us any good.
  • Options
    I'd keep Evina in as well. he has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped and i agree he is a better defender than Wiggins. However i really like Wiggins when he bombs forward and a lot of goals came from Wiggins work rate last year. So although harsh on Wiggins not getting back in the team its nice that a decent player is keeping him out. Been a while since we had good options at left back.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

We must be able to do something to the tune of Don't cry for me Argentina!

Run down the wing Ced Evina

I know that it's not easy

Just get a cross in

and let Yann head it

Might need a bit of work!
  • Options
    Two of the best left backs in the division.
  • Options
    Evina is not a better defender than Wiggins. The number of times last season Wiggins managed to cleanly win the ball off a rampaging opponent and bring it out for an attack was unreal. I still remember that controlled sliding tackle on Rhodes in our box at The Valley as one of the best challenges of the season. I like Ceddy, but it feels like as Wiggins has been out for so long people have forgotten that the defensive side of his game is superb in favour of remembering his attacking threat. Ceddy is faster but less intelligent on the ball and not as effective in the tackle. He's worked on his positioning though which is very good to see as he was caught out of position a fair bit on his rare appearances last season. It would be harsh to drop Ceddy but I'd like to see Wiggins back in the team very soon. Him and an in-form Waggy would be great to see
  • Options

Evina is not a better defender than Wiggins. The number of times last season Wiggins managed to cleanly win the ball off a rampaging opponent and bring it out for an attack was unreal. I still remember that controlled sliding tackle on Rhodes in our box at The Valley as one of the best challenges of the season. I like Ceddy, but it feels like as Wiggins has been out for so long people have forgotten that the defensive side of his game is superb in favour of remembering his attacking threat. Ceddy is faster but less intelligent on the ball and not as effective in the tackle. He's worked on his positioning though which is very good to see as he was caught out of position a fair bit on his rare appearances last season. It would be harsh to drop Ceddy but I'd like to see Wiggins back in the team very soon. Him and an in-form Waggy would be great to see

It's all too easy to underestimate the effect of having a worker like Waggy in front of you as a full back. Ceddy has undoubtedly benefited as did Solly when he first came into the side.
  • Options
    The daft thing is that Powell preferred Solly at LB (with Wilson at RB) when Wiggins was first injured (much to Evina's annoyance), whereas now with Wiggins back from injury, he can't get back in the team because Evina has the place!
  • Options

The daft thing is that Powell preferred Solly at LB (with Wilson at RB) when Wiggins was first injured (much to Evina's annoyance), whereas now with Wiggins back from injury, he can't get back in the team because Evina has the place!

That's football. It has ever been thus.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oh cedric evina (to the tune of we're the red and white army)
  • Options
    kodfish said:

Oggy Red said:

At this rate we'll be rearranging VFR so it fits that fecking tune!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whose to say Wiggins,would be as good in the championship as he was in league 1?,Evina has been up against much better players,but i suppose time will tell....so pretty difficult to compare the two......
  • Options
    Wiggins will come again.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Wiggins will come again.

His missus certainly hopes so ;o)

*sorry*
  • Options

kodfish said:

Oggy Red said:

At this rate we'll be rearranging VFR so it fits that fecking tune!
    We're not known for our composing.
  • Options
    I'd like to see the pair of them on the left.

Wiggy is the better defender. His ability to stop crosses is exceptional. He has lots of skill and pace and a better delivery than ceddy however the young Frenchman has given Powell a huge headache with his form.

Those people saying wiggins was out of sorts must remember against Palace he was up against Wilfried zaha who had a blinder that night
  • Options
    At the start of the season, if both of them were fit and on form, Wiggins would get the edge. BUT Evina is playing as well as he ever has for us, he works well with Waggy, and he's quite visibly improving as he gets more time. Bringing Wiggins in would be no more than change for change's sake. I don't remember Ced being directly responsible for any of the late goals recently, and however good Wiggo is (i.e. pretty darn good) the defence would probably not suddenly play fifteen yards further forward just because he was playing.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think Powell is contemplating Evina and Wiggins together, a bit like Solly and Wilson. Waggy has come in as a stop gap and given him something to think about. Both Waggy and Evina look to playing their way to new contracts.

I can see Evina, Woggins elvolving into the partnership sooner rather than later though.
  • Options
    I guess one option on Saturday would have been to bring Wiggins on to play LM, and shift Waggy to the right (instead of bringing Green on)
  • Options

I can see Evina, Woggins elvolving into the partnership sooner rather than later though.

Woggins .....got a certain ring to it.

;o)

• Options
    Both are decent left backs, both can chop the ball. Ronaldo's trademark. Wiggins maybe gets a little bit more involved but about the same really.