Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Yanns Reaction

The man was immense today, back to his best. His whole attitude throughout the game was positive. He ran his socks off, got in where it hurt, tracked back and made some fantastic tackles and interceptions. He held the ball up well, played some excellent passes, ran off the ball into spaces, tried a couple of tricks and capped it all with a superb finish.

At the final whistle, he stood alone on the pitch for about five minutes - absolutely devastated that we didn't take all three points. I've never seen such a reaction from a Charlton player. He was hurting and hurting bad.

It was only when Hamer came over to him to help him off did he move from the spot he was rooted to.

I salute your passion Mr Kermogant.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. He was everywhere today. Seems to enjoy dropping back into midfield and linking the play more than before. Not just a target man.
  • Options
    I noticed a similar response after Sheff Weds.
  • Options
    With players like Yann, how on earth do people say we're going down? Immaterial of whether we are or not (we're not btw)
  • Options
    Did him and fuller start up top together?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes. It was Yann and Fuller up top
  • Options
    He did the same last week vs palace just sat in the dugout for 5 minutes. He doesn't like not winning which I like. Hopefully he gets the winner vs Millwall in a months time
  • Options
    I imagine watching the rugby afterwards didn't improve his mood either...
  • Options
    Yann is MASSIVE
  • Options
    Buying a French flag for Leicester.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He screamed at our defence after their goal.....if only all had his passion........
  • Options
    They all have passion. He shows it in a way that is very visible....doesn't mean the other players don't share the same disappointment.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

NO

• Options
    It was all a bit William Gallas for me
  • Options
    I just hope he doesn't think f*** it and give up, he works his nuts off, scores an important goal, does his share of defending from the front and then the defence lets in a really silly, shitty goal and undoes his hard work. If I were Yann (oh how I wish it were so) I would be extremely angry after those last few mins.
  • Options
    Yeah, he plays to win and quite clearly expects it (especialy against woeful opponents like B'ham). Eleven Yann Kermorgants in CAFC colours wouldn't lose too many. Such a shame CP, and many of us, still talk about 'consolidation', as if avoidance of relegation was a fair objective for the season. Can we not talk our club up a bit? We have a premiership ground, a (still) recent premier pedigree...
    We're one of the top 4 or 5 best supported in our league and in Stephens and Solly we have the best players (in their positions) in the league. We scored 5 against Cardiff and have beaten Leicester, Blackpool (twice) and Blackburn at their place.
    Are their many better squads than ours in this division?? I genuinely think not -in terms of potential at least...And if big Yann can express hurt/disbelief when we fail to secure 3 home points, we can all help by lifting our expectations of our team.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

NO
    What about if I take it to Hull as well?

• Options
    I think red, white and blue flares and smoke bombs would be better
  • Options
    @MickFoley I think the difference is consistency at this level. We are good and I do think the players believe it, but at this level it's that much more difficult for them to perform well week in week out and get the rub of (what's left of) the green. Small lapses in concentration are punished harder, more often.

It was my son's first ever match and we waited outside for the players to sign his little football. They were all brilliant and approachable down to a man, even though each one was so obviously disappointed in not getting the three points after playing a dismal Birmingham off the pitch. Solly and Wagstaff in particular. And almost all of them talked about not getting the win for us, the supporters. There's a brilliant sense of team, including in that, playing for the fans. They are giving everything they have and they'll get there in the end. But this season, I think it's still about "consolidation" for the team. Finding the rhythm at a higher level. Of course, off the pitch, who knows what the owners are content with.
  • Options

I think red, white and blue flares and smoke bombs would be better

sounds good ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I noticed him just standing there. If hamer hadn't seen him he would still be there now.

Love the bloke and today he was outstanding and everywhere.
  • Options
    He looked like we all felt I think!
  • Options
    Disagree with most here. Thought Yann didn't cover enough ground and was more petulant than i've noticed before. Fuller provided the excitement today. Stephens got stuck in and made plenty of good passes and though Yann got more involved as time went on I thought he was a fair way away from his best.
  • Options
    His expression of dismay was up there with Frimpong's against Brighton (both would have been more entertaining had we got 3 points!)
  • Options
    If you watch Yann during a game he is very Gallic in his gesturing at different events on th pitch, lots of gesticulating ... Sometimes more fun than the game
  • Options
    I was drawn to his reaction after the Birmingham goal went in. He was absolutely furious and certainly made his feelings known to his team mates.
  • Options

Disagree with most here. Thought Yann didn't cover enough ground and was more petulant than i've noticed before. Fuller provided the excitement today. Stephens got stuck in and made plenty of good passes and though Yann got more involved as time went on I thought he was a fair way away from his best.

I think me and you watched different games !
  • Options
    Attention Seeker Kermit
  • Options
    MattD said:

Attention Seeker Kermit

You've got to remember he's French, Gallas did it too. Sunday League games must be a nightmare over there as no one would be able to kick off on time as there's still a bloke from the losing team of the last game standing on the pitch staring desolately into the distance.
  • Options
    Anyone who did not see the yardage or the effort that yann put in normally I would say was delusional however yesterday fuller and yann worked well together and I thought for skill and Guille fuller edged it however for effort yann smashed it

First time in ages I thought yann looked a championship forward