Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pancake Day!

edited February 2013 in Not Sports Related
Who's having them tonight?

Do you cook traditionally or cheat with Aunt Bessie?

I do trad, nice thin ones rolled up with fresh lemon juice (not Jif) and sugar.

Comments

• Options
    Its today?
  • Options
    No, Shrove Tuesday is tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    got a bit of chocolate popping candy spread, marshmallows and banana to go on my pancakes.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

No, Shrove Tuesday is tomorrow.

Lol
  • Options
    can't wait.

lemon and sugar or strawb jam on mine.

• Options
    Riviera said:

Who's having them tonight?

Do you cook traditionally or cheat with Aunt Bessie?

I do trad, nice thin ones rolled up with fresh lemon juice (not Jif) and sugar.

Ditto, with a chocolate spread and banana one inbetween.
  • Options
    Nom,Nom Just had mine :)
  • Options
    Very easy to make. Nice and thin with maple syrup
  • Options
    forgot all about it.............may pick up a cheap packet mix tomorrow when the shops are trying to get rid.

then again - not that keem on them - smell nice but only usually get through 1or 2 and then I find there are still loads left over
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Very easy to make. Nice and thin with maple syrup

Second that. Bloomin' love maple syrup.
    Although the Dutch have 'Stroop' and that's a fine accompiament.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you do get maple syrup make sure you buy the 100% pure kind instead of the one blended with carob fruit syrup the difference in taste is significant.
  • Options
    with lemon and sugar
  • Options

forgot all about it.............may pick up a cheap packet mix tomorrow when the shops are trying to get rid.

then again - not that keem on them - smell nice but only usually get through 1or 2 and then I find there are still loads left over

Ahhhh Golfie! Nice to see you are as enthusiastic about other aspects of life and not just Football.... ;-)
  • Options
    traditional. just made my mixture.

made f'ing loads of it though.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

If you do get maple syrup make sure you buy the 100% pure kind instead of the one blended with carob fruit syrup the difference in taste is significant.

Like a man who knows his maple syrup. I lived in Canada for a few years so know how good the best stuff tastes. Definitely worth paying a bit extra.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Like a man who knows his maple syrup. I lived in Canada for a few years so know how good the best stuff tastes. Definitely worth paying a bit extra.
    Nice on bacon
  • Options
    weird
  • Options
    Chicken, mozzarella and bbq sauce in mine. I'm literally salivating at the prospect.
  • Options
    Will be going for the usual lemon and sugar but may experiment on some by throwing in some rolos or a cream egg
  • Options
    Pancakes are like BBQ's, best left to the fellas. Wife and youngest now full of delicious, perfect pancakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never cheat on Aunt Bessie.
  • Options
    Mmm, just finishing my third one. Lemon & sugar for me. Daughter's face is covered with nuttela!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Chicken, mozzarella and bbq sauce in mine. I'm literally salivating at the prospect.

What?! It's not Yorkshire Pudding Day, use that batter properly and make something sweet, dammit!
  • Options
    Traditional
  • Options
    My youngest at 6.15 "Why do we only have pancakes once a year Dad?"

My youngest at 6.45, 8 pancakes later "Oh Dad, I'm so full up. I don't want another pancake for at least a year."
  • Options
    And what is Ash Wednesday all about tomorrow? Would Operation Pig know?
  • Options
    My kids insist on a pancake breakfast every Saturday morning and I consider myself an expert.

750ml of mix takes about 5 minutes if you have enough milk (full fat) one egg, plenty of flower and a tiny bit of salt. Butter of course for the pan (don't even try with oil or any substitute butter product !) and the pan needs to be decent. Wipe it gently after every 4th pancake or it gets dirty.

My Son takes traditional Lemon and Sugar. The Girls take Nutella.

I never get anywhere near even tasting them as all gone.

Even went freestyle once (not my house) with lime juice instead of lemon and self raising flower - not to be advised.
  • Options
    Free pancake breakfasts are a year round thing here, something to do with cowboys eating them on the trail as they headed West across the continent. July is peak pancake month when you cant move for free pancake breakfasts, nice thick pancakes with maple syrup & sausages/bacon....will be making the more traditional ones for the kids tonight with lemon & sugar.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Nice on bacon
    Have you been colluding with BIG_ROB? ;o)
    Even before I turned veggie I wouldn't have considered it as a combo.Strange one to me.