Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guy Shot Dead in Dartford

Just confirmed.

Walked past the scene myself about 5mins after it happened. Just by Wickes car park.

Too close to home for me. RIP

Comments

• Indeed, just 10 minutes walk from me.
  • Near Dartford FC as well. They beat Luton this evening. Wonder if it was anything to do with the game?
  • Near Dartford FC as well. They beat Luton this evening. Wonder if it was anything to do with the game?

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say probably not

• And me RP.

Nothing to do with football, looked a very 'local' incident from what I saw.
  • Doesnt Killer live near Dartford? Micky Flanagan wasnt walking past, was he?
  • To close to home only 5 minutes away, heard the helicopter wondered what happened.
  • Well if you read the messages at the bottom

The victim was shot dead in front of his little boy who was with him at the time it happend
  • Judging by one of my friends and his wifes facebook I think they knew him, will try and find out more info.
  • Someone on my facebook has named the victim

Rip
  • Sponsored links:

• james91 wrote:

R I P kev.
    god bless you
    this has nothing to do with football, and the man shot was with his little boy, cowards

13 Feb 2013 12:18 AM
    Report Abuse
    Fulwich wrote:

This hasn't got anything to do with the two coaches and a car parked in Wickes car park earlier, does it? It seems odd the night Luton fans descend on Dartford, a shooting occurs.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the victim at this time.

12 Feb 2013 11:24 PM
  • RIP that man.

Strange logic people thinking it was Luton fans though.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say probably not

I'm sure you're right Chris. Just a thought.
  • Nothing to do with football, my mate did know him, got his name but wont publish on social networking.
  • A 24-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man, both from Dartford and known to the victim, have been arrested and remain in custody - BBC.
  • DA9 said:

Nothing to do with football, my mate did know him, got his name but wont publish on social networking.

but its published in the link?

• That poor boy, seeing his Dad killed in front of him.
  • edited February 2013
    If it conspires that the poor chaps little boy witnessed this tragic event then it really is more devestating than first thought.

My thoughts are with the victims family at this very sad time.
  • there will probably be some nasty stuff behind this because no one in their right mind could do that to a poor child
  • there will probably be some nasty stuff behind this because no one in their right mind could do that to a poor child

my thinking too, especially if the killers knew him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

DA9 said:

Nothing to do with football, my mate did know him, got his name but wont publish on social networking.

but its published in the link?

Is it? didnt read the link, just being cautious, people being named on FB etc can get you into trouble :-)
  • Only just picking up this story . Terrible news indeed. Like VG, I'm assuming there's a bit of "history" behind it and my thoughts are with the child and his mother.

Is anywhere safe these days ?
  • Dartford shooting - victim Kevin McKinley had history of violence

A CONVICTED armed robber who attacked a service station assistant with a meat cleaver has died after being gunned down in Dartford.

Father-of-three Kevin McKinley, 32, who lived in Louvain Road, Stone, died after being hit in the buttock by a shotgun bullet in Fulwich Road last Tuesday evening.

It is believed Mr McKinley's six-year-old son saw his father dying in the street when he arrived at the scene minutes afterwards with a relative.

Emergency services rushed Mr McKinley to Darent Valley Hospital, where he later died.

News Shopper reported in 2001 how Mr McKinley was locked up for four years after admitting his part in a robbery at the BP service station in St Vincent's Road, Dartford.

Maidstone Crown Court heard how a service station assistant was left with a bloody six-inch gash to the head following the attack, where Mr McKinley and two other men entered the station and demanded mobile phone vouchers.

And in November last year, Mr McKinley was ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work for possessing a small folding lock knife in Lowfield Street, Dartford.

A post-mortem examination ruled cause of death was shock caused by abdominal hemorrhage after a gunshot wound to the left hip and buttock area.

A young couple who live together in Overy Street have both been charged in connection with Mr McKinley's murder.

Michaela Sargeant, 24, was charged with murder on Friday and appeared before Medway Magistrates Court via video-link on Saturday.

She was remanded in custody and was due to appear at Maidstone Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on Tuesday.

Her partner Lewis Wickenden appeared in the dock at the same court on Saturday, charged with possessing a semi-automatic single-barrel shotgun.

Wickenden also faces a charge of possessing ammunition, relating to shotgun carriages.

Both were held without firearms certificates.

The 25-year-old faced another charge of assisting an offender and will return to the same court for a committal hearing on Friday.
  • She was his ex. Not sure if the kid is hers though.

He was apparently a nasty piece of work
  • Had no chance of survival once he was admitted to Darenth Valley.
  • Shot in the arse though....
  • edited February 2013
    A la Jimmy Saville, I always hold back on my RIP's.
  • edited February 2013
  • @maybe_baby - there's nowt as queer as folk mate.