Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

criminal damages petition

2»

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I can understand the sentiment.

However someone I know of impeccable character had the misfortune to have the same surname as a known local nonce some years ago and had a lot of unfounded grief as a result.

For reasons such as that I err on the side of caution.

How is old Gordon Glitter Len?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

I can understand the sentiment.

However someone I know of impeccable character had the misfortune to have the same surname as a known local nonce some years ago and had a lot of unfounded grief as a result.

For reasons such as that I err on the side of caution.

How is old Gordon Glitter Len?
    LOL!
  • Options
    Agree with S

in my opinion ( i fully expect to be ridiculued etc) i think that the laws in this country are ridiculous, for example thompson and venables were 11 years of age when they commited that crime surely theres a parenting issue there, and i do not think that they should of gained any money from there crime being hacked into etc. they should be kept in a correctional facility for the rest of there life i know this would cost the taxpayer and im sure most would like to see them put down i am not one that thinks this, however i dont think its accepable for rapists/murderers/peadophiles to walk the same streets as law abiding citizens. its not fair somehow that we work a lifetime to have a nice house etc and then one of these scum does a truly awful crime and gets given new identity new house and such luxuries. and im very sure a lot of the people would think very differently if it was one of there relations that got murdered by them 2 evil little shits, or maybe not who am i to question.

I like peas, particularly in mushy format, and was thinking of starting an appreciation group. How long before one of your lot, over excited by the latest soaraway Sun campaign gets the spelling confused and attacks the club house?
  • Options

in my opinion ( i fully expect to be ridiculued etc) i think that the laws in this country are ridiculous, for example thompson and venables were 11 years of age when they commited that crime surely theres a parenting issue there, and i do not think that they should of gained any money from there crime being hacked into etc. they should be kept in a correctional facility for the rest of there life i know this would cost the taxpayer and im sure most would like to see them put down i am not one that thinks this, however i dont think its accepable for rapists/murderers/peadophiles to walk the same streets as law abiding citizens. its not fair somehow that we work a lifetime to have a nice house etc and then one of these scum does a truly awful crime and gets given new identity new house and such luxuries. and im very sure a lot of the people would think very differently if it was one of there relations that got murdered by them 2 evil little shits, or maybe not who am i to question.

Or, you could be a relation of a person who did something heinous, and you might feel differently again. There may have been parenting issues with Venables and Thompson, but their parents didn't commit the crime. Had a similar discussion on Facebook with a friend who had the flog 'em, hang 'em attitude, when I asked him how he would feel were his son the perportaitor, he wouldn't answer the question, telling me no one could answer that question unless they were put in that position.
  • Options
    it is a tough one but i hope that one day i dont have to find out what id do in that situation.
  • Options

Or, you could be a relation of a person who did something heinous, and you might feel differently again. There may have been parenting issues with Venables and Thompson, but their parents didn't commit the crime. Had a similar discussion on Facebook with a friend who had the flog 'em, hang 'em attitude, when I asked him how he would feel were his son the perportaitor, he wouldn't answer the question, telling me no one could answer that question unless they were put in that position.
    Of course as individuals it would be natural for us to feel like vengance against anyone who committed a heinous crime, but that is part of the reason we have laws so that there are not individuals taking the law into their own hands. I am a believer in prison being a place of rehabilitation and minimum punishment, i know a utopian dream, therefore the full life term for a couple of 11 year olds was never part of my agenda, however if the Bulger jamie had been my Jamie of course I would have wanted them both to be put in nets, hung from Tower Bridge and pecked to death by Ravens and Sea Gulls. The law is there to protect us from our baser instincts.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Of course as individuals it would be natural for us to feel like vengance against anyone who committed a heinous crime, but that is part of the reason we have laws so that there are not individuals taking the law into their own hands. I am a believer in prison being a place of rehabilitation and minimum punishment, i know a utopian dream, therefore the full life term for a couple of 11 year olds was never part of my agenda, however if the Bulger jamie had been my Jamie of course I would have wanted them both to be put in nets, hung from Tower Bridge and pecked to death by Ravens and Sea Gulls. The law is there to protect us from our baser instincts.
    Excellent post my friend.
  • Options
    Seconded.