Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

St. Valentine's Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

(5) M&S meal for 2 - cooked by yours truly for a change

Considering they are basically ready meals, it's not exactly Marco Pierre White is it?

• Options
    Off out for dinner in a country hotel nearby, €20 special offer to stay the night - sorted.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Bloody nightmare every year. I think we have fallen out at least 7 times out of the 10 Valentines Days we have been together. Expectations are always set way too high which just sets you up for a big disappointment. Tomorrow it's (1) Nice Card (2) Bottle of nice/expensive perfume to open (3) Cute mug - to replace the one she hinted was broken at work (4) bring flowers home from work and (5) M&S meal for 2 - cooked by yours truly for a change (6) watch all her stuff and stay off the Ipad for the evening........................and yet I'll bet ya it still all goes wrong!! :-(

Out of curiousity, does she get you anything?
  • Options
    Id EXPECT at least a BJ for all of that Meldrew
  • Options
    Gary as a minimum
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Bloody nightmare every year. I think we have fallen out at least 7 times out of the 10 Valentines Days we have been together. Expectations are always set way too high which just sets you up for a big disappointment. Tomorrow it's (1) Nice Card (2) Bottle of nice/expensive perfume to open (3) Cute mug - to replace the one she hinted was broken at work (4) bring flowers home from work and (5) M&S meal for 2 - cooked by yours truly for a change (6) watch all her stuff and stay off the Ipad for the evening........................and yet I'll bet ya it still all goes wrong!! :-(

I'd expect Anal for all of that !! Must be where I'm going wrong !!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just to prevent any arguments with the wife I make it clear a week or two before Valentines that I think it is a total con job and will not be buying her a card or present. We treat each other throughout the year and I don't need to be prompted as to when I need to show her affection. I've got away with it so far.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

buckshee said:

So romantic .

"I'm going to buy the Mrs flowers and a card and take her to dinner all because clinton cards tell me to"

Ridiculous

I completely agree but not worth the shit I'd face from 'Er Indoors if I just ignored it totally. Hence a token card and a vague promise to take her out for dinner some other time.

I first started seeing my Mrs around valentines and made it clear from the start how much I thought it was a load of crap . I buy her flowers lots throughout the year and surprise her with other gifts when I can. No one should need to be told when to show someone you love them and anyway there's hardly a day goes by when I don't tell her this.
  • Options
    Just woken up here in Oz and realised its Valentines, the Missus has not mentioned anything yet.

I normally buy at least a card but this year reckon I will take the moral high ground like Buckshee!
  • Options
    Got my missus a card which says "Forget Flowers, Let's Hump" on the front... Hopefully it'll go down a treat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ...the card or your missus?
  • Options

...the card or your missus?

Both.