Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

now its Coventry's turn............

Comments

• Going into administration is not a bad thing, look at Southampton, Palace and Leeds. It's a great way of clearing a club's debts.
  • Would have been hammers at villa park in the semi
  • East london derby ???
  • Yeah I missed Orient's great cup run that year too, I think they lost to a team from South East London.
  • Jayajosh said:

Going into administration is not a bad thing, look at Southampton, Palace and Leeds. It's a great way of clearing a club's debts.

not for those that end up in debt as the club hasnt paid them

• Jayajosh said:

Going into administration is not a bad thing, look at Southampton, Palace and Leeds. It's a great way of clearing a club's debts.

But they are doing that at the expense of their creditors and our club... because every club spending beyond its means is pushing up the market for middle of the road players. How else can a typical championship player command £200K a year? And rumours that some Birmingham players are on £250K +

There are ten clubs in the championship who have £700M debt between them and only. Perhaps with some, the owners will get tired of tipping in £5-10M of new loans EVERY year. And perhaps some will watch Charlton climb the leagues again with a stable management and squad with just a handful of changes every year???

• East london derby ???

Gary Lineker, MOTD, circa 2005.
  • The scouser in the covered end just after we got home now that was funny of all the blocks to get a ticket block F didnt last long and took a corker of a right hook his eye just kept growing

Yes he didnt stand a chance. The cafc fan must of dived over 6 rows of seats to get him. Dont think he would be able to do that now.
  • They're 1 up at Bury.....
  • East london derby ???

Yeah, us v West Ham. Gary Lineker always calls it that, and to be honest he has a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• East london derby ???

Yeah, us v West Ham. Gary Lineker always calls it that, and to be honest he has a point.
  • edited March 2013
    If anyone can make any sense from these 3 articles, then a big well done to you :-)

I think ACL have withdrawn their application, because they believe that Coventry are already in administration, with which the Football League appear to agree.

Arena Coventry Ltd have withdrawn their application to place Coventry City in administration after Tuesday's High Court proceedings.

The Sky Blues remain hopeful of playing the remainder of their League One home games at the Ricoh Arena, despite still owing their landlords £1.3m in unpaid rent.

Tim Fisher, CEO Coventry Football Club said on the club's website: "I acknowledge that ACL has now accepted that it must withdraw its administration application from the High Court notwithstanding the fact that this was an unwelcome and unnecessary distraction.

"I hope all parties will now focus on re-establishing a constructive dialogue for the good of the club and football in Coventry.

"We would like to ensure that Coventry City Football Club can, in the first instance, continue to play its remaining home matches this season at the Ricoh Arena."

Coventry City will play their final three home League One games of the season at the Ricoh Arena after an agreement was reached on a short-term deal.

Paul Appleton, joint administrator for Coventry City FC Ltd and Arena Coventry Ltd, confirmed the news in a statement on Thursday morning.

City have been locked in a year-long rent row with ACL, their landlords.

There had been fears that Coventry might have to play their remaining home games - against Doncaster on Good Friday before matches against Brentford and Leyton Orient next month - on neutral ground, but those fears have now been assuaged.

A statement read: "We apologise profusely to our fans about the confusion surrounding these fixtures and are delighted that this has now been resolved.

"We can now look forward to playing current league leaders Doncaster on Friday 29th March in the hope of doing the double over them.

"Moving forward we hope that we can continue a constructive dialogue with ACL with the aim of securing a sustainable future for the club at the Ricoh

Arena."

The club are still waiting to hear if they will face an automatic 10-point deduction from the Football League after being ruled to be 'in administration'

The Football League is yet to comment on claims the company which owns Coventry's 'golden share' is in administration.

The claim was made at the High Court by Arena Coventry Ltd, who manage the Ricoh Arena and allege £1.3m is owed in unpaid rent, and if true would bring a 10-point penalty under League rules.

A subsidiary company of the League One club was placed in administration on Thursday, and in court ACL dropped a petition to have their own administrator appointed.

ACL's lawyer James Powell told the Coventry Telegraph outside court: "It's clear to us the whole club is in administration. Our focus shifts onto this administrator doing a good job."

And ACL later claimed the League agreed with their assessment, releasing a statement which read: "We are grateful to the Football League for coming back so quickly to our legal team to confirm that the Football League share resides with CCFC Ltd (the company in administration), not CCFC Holdings."

Coventry, for their part, say the part of the club in administration is not the one in possession of the 'golden share', which carries membership to the Football League.

And as the dust settled on court proceedings which heard claims of "catastrophic insolvency" at the club and £60m owed to creditors it was left to administrator Paul Appleton to get to the bottom of an issue which has left supporters "bemused".

Michael Orton of the Sky Blue Trust told Sky Sports News: "The complexity of the legal and financial arguments being made in court - I think there were legal and financial experts who were scratching their heads.

"This has been a long-running saga, and I think most fans would say they are appalled by what's going on and remain bemused as to why the different parties could not have resolved this a long time ago.

"Whose interests are all these legal wrangles serving? Certainly not the interests of fans."

Both ACL and Coventry say their wish is for City's final three League One fixtures this season to be played at the Ricoh Arena, and the pitch is being prepared for Friday's visit of Doncaster.

Appleton, meanwhile, has reassured players and staff that their working lives will continue as normal while his investigations are ongoing.

He said: "The process of administration is lengthy and complicated and, while I appreciate the pressing concerns of Coventry fans, I would like to ask for their patience."
  • If anyone can make any sense from these 3 articles, then a big well done to you :-)

Appleton, meanwhile, has reassured players and staff that their working lives will continue as normal while his investigations are ongoing.

He said: "The process of administration is lengthy and complicated and, while I appreciate the pressing concerns of Coventry fans, I would like to ask for their patience."

• I hate Coventry - remember their patronising smugness about being in the top tier for 30+ years, fat lot of good that's doing them now.
    Hope they go bust and out of existence.
  • Docked 10 points. Midtable anyway, so not much movement for them.
  • Can't stand Coventry either, had some real gobshites play for them ie David Speedie, Micky Quinn, Craig Bellamy. And that little tart John Aloisi who did the dirty on us.
  • Docked 10 points. Midtable anyway, so not much movement for them.

I am going for Judicial Review .. I've got a fiver on them to get promoted
  • iainment said:

I hate Coventry - remember their patronising smugness about being in the top tier for 30+ years, fat lot of good that's doing them now.

This with bells on i hate them

• iainment said:

I hate Coventry - remember their patronising smugness about being in the top tier for 30+ years, fat lot of good that's doing them now.

• iainment said:

• Sponsored links:

• Lol mate. Each to their own i guess. I have an uncontrollable hatred of brizzle city just cause of that cup game. Also watford i despise

My biggest memory was the 3-2. Two nil down werent we? Alktogether now...ur supposed to be at home.
  • We were great game just despise them and all they stand for
  • Yeah as i said...each to their own. Personallt i dont min em as that cup final was about thw first i can remember. Akso used to love killer kilcliene as he battered terry hurlock! Ha ha each to their own.

Im expecting big things of ur pal and i hope he enjoys his time here.. Tbh...him and our newly signed BF wardrobe could be tasty in the mid.
  • Lol mate. Each to their own i guess. I have an uncontrollable hatred of brizzle city just cause of that cup game. Also watford i despise

My biggest memory was the 3-2. Two nil down werent we? Alktogether now...ur supposed to be at home.

"Can we play you every week? Can we play you every week?"

One of the best away days I remember - all be it that I've not been to that many if I'm honest.
  • Just so. What jokes. Two nil down and everyone was right mardi.

Then the boy newts just took the game by the scruff. Our alkocation was towards the goal were attacking on newts wing. I remember the shouts of "young boy old man young boy old man" as shaunie started to roast their FB
  • Mark will be good for us i am sure great lad great family and a his brother is a good mate looking forward to him playing and playing well
  • Can't stand Coventry either, had some real gobshites play for them ie David Speedie, Micky Quinn, Craig Bellamy. And that little tart John Aloisi who did the dirty on us.

What did he do?

• A ten point deduction is such a bloody cop out. Hopefully Coventry will go the way of Luton, or worse.
  • Was due to join us tel I think and then ended up there
  • Yep aloisi johnny aloisi was due to sign from Pompey and was fannying us about before signing for Coventry
    No real loss he turned out pony anyway