Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options

Yann joined in January in our in League One title winning side btw. Not all about goals either is it.

Err, no he didn't! He signed in September 2011!
  • Options
    Fair enough
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

The continued Kermorgant worship is weird, and anyone who indulges in it should not be trusted.

This.

We have had strikers like Bent, de Canio, and Barlett, all with international experience, but we still can't get away from YK....
    Two of those have retired.
    Well! That put me in my place.

As a matter of interest, who was our top scorer in the League 1 winning side?

Who was top scorer when we came 9th in the Championship?

But, hey, let's not let anything like facts get in the way of a good dose of man love...
    I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    I've lost all semblance of who likes Yann and who doesn't like Yann
    It's quite a simple formula

Basically, all the people who liked Chris Powell, liked Yann

All the people who don't like the people who liked Chris Powell, now don't like Yann.

What an outrageous remark
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

The continued Kermorgant worship is weird, and anyone who indulges in it should not be trusted.

This.

We have had strikers like Bent, de Canio, and Barlett, all with international experience, but we still can't get away from YK....

But, hey, let's not let anything like facts get in the way of a good dose of man love...
    I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point

All the people who don't like the people who liked Chris Powell, now don't like Yann.

I am afraid that is bollocks.

I'm not sure it was meant as an accurate analysis, perhaps more of a..... joke?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I suspect Mr Bennett you are easily outraged....
  • Options

You suspect right pal.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point

To constantly salivate at Powell's every fart is sad.

This has got me in absolute fits of laughter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Aint no legend by Long shot, was a great player for us a cult figure and hero, but his chance of legend went with his decision not to play and not let the contract trigger the clause

Unless you can tell us what your source is (which I understand you won't), then I'm afraid your theory is nothing more than just that - a theory.
  • Options

You suspect right pal.
    Is it because you were never as good as Paul Mortimer?
    How is that worthy of a flag? Bloody hell. Clearly a joke.
  • Options

You suspect right pal.
    Imagine the scene ‘Red Robin’. I go into your place of work, look to the desk opposite and identify your peer. I then go on to an online forum where fans of your workplace gather to discuss the aforementioned workplace.

I then proceed to write a post that claims that your peer is a superior worker to you, and that this is why you are leaving distressed posts on the forum, ignoring the original topic of your post.

Would you think that was funny?
    Can't quite work out if you're having a laugh or not.
  • Options

You suspect right pal.
    Imagine the scene ‘Red Robin’. I go into your place of work, look to the desk opposite and identify your peer. I then go on to an online forum where fans of your workplace gather to discuss the aforementioned workplace.

I then proceed to write a post that claims that your peer is a superior worker to you, and that this is why you are leaving distressed posts on the forum, ignoring the original topic of your post.

So confused.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Tom think about it in the likelyhood or probability scale

Yann plays a game doesn't seem injured

Travels with squad to game no noises of injury (game is 2nd to last game before contract extension is triggered ) but doesn't play due to.injury

Plays in the next game injury free but then is sold in transfer window without reaching said trigger point and during very public noises that discussions are underway

Some theroies are worth believing, I don't care who does who don't

I think yann was amazing a great player and a real miss to our squad, I bear no grudge to him i wish him all the success, but my opinion has changed forever on his status within the history of the club

• Options

Travels with squad to game no noises of injury (game is 2nd to last game before contract extension is triggered ) but doesn't play due to.injury

Plays in the next game injury free but then is sold in transfer window without reaching said trigger point and during very public noises that discussions are underway

I think yann was amazing a great player and a real miss to our squad, I bear no grudge to him i wish him all the success, but my opinion has changed forever on his status within the history of the club

So it is just a theory then?

Not to say it didn't go down the way you're suggesting, but as far as I'm concerned it is just internet speculation.

If that is what happened then he isn't the first person in the game to try and get a better deal for themselves, and he won't be the last. He plays football for a profession to support a wife and young son, not just for fun or loyalty.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

So it is just a theory then?

Not to say it didn't go down the way you're suggesting, but as far as I'm concerned it is just internet speculation.

If that is what happened then he isn't the first person in the game to try and get a better deal for themselves, and he won't be the last. He plays football for a profession to support a wife and young son, not just for fun or loyalty.
    Ahhh, depends if you have a source or not ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

It would have been a lot easier to miss the Doncaster match on the eve of deadline day claiming 'his head weren't right' like so many players have done in the past.

So in my opinion one of two things happened

A, He was geniunely unfit to play
    B, Decided to miss the FA Cup match (possibly with Chris Powell's consent) because he was desperate to play in the crucial league match vs Doncaster even if he was leaving the next day.

Whichever is true, i still love Yann and believe that he genuinely cared about this club.

Considering his fitness record, both of these scenarios are much more plausible than any conspiracy that has done the rounds.
  • Options

You suspect right pal.

Looks like the Charlton Life straight jacket might be getting another airing soon.

• Options
    It good to see we have so many experts on here concerning contract extensions.
    you would think a player would want to get to the contract trigger point quickly
    if he wanted to stay?
    surely the amount he would earn on new contract is not set in stone ?
    come on then, Concise and to the point, explain or tell me on want page between 1-10
    on this thread i can find the answer?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    I won't ever say who.told me it was more than 1 person all closer to.the first team than you or I will ever be and who had no reason to lie or make trouble
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Some say he 100% didn't want to play, some say 100% that theory isn't true.

Whilst not meaning to sound impolite, you're all just fans on a Football forum. Nobody can persuade me to think one way or the other for that reason, no matter how hard you try and push your 'sources'.

All we have are the facts - We sold him at the wrong time, for the wrong amount of money and then didn't do anywhere near enough to make up for it in the striking department. End of.

Some fans have contacts involving those on the contract side of things.. amongst others.

Fact is Rolands misjudgement and his way of thinking r.e. the network didn't play into our hands at all here, and has pushed a very good player at this level out of our hands. There's no doubt we'd be higher in the league with his help.. but what's happened has happened, and I'm not going to go out my way to prove anything on the whole saga.
  • Options

I won't ever say who.told me it was more than 1 person all closer to.the first team than you or I will ever be and who had no reason to lie or make trouble

Is it Yann Kermorgant?

If not, then its not factual as you make it out to be.
  • Options
    No but what if it was Chris Powell
  • Options
    edited December 2014